Autographs...

disneyland_is_magic

DIS Veteran
Okay, what's the status on autographs? Is there scenarios where it's more "acceptable" like formal meet and greets? Anything you can do to make it easier for the characters? Any pen/marker rules or recommendations?

Is there anyone not signing because of their costume (like Olaf?) That way I can just let the kiddos know ahead of time. What autographs have you gotten lately? Trying to decide if it's worth shopping for a book or not.

Thanks!!

Gaston may not sign, but that was from before the pandemic.

Olaf may or may not sign, but he has done cute little sketches in the past.

A few of the Avengers Campus characters wouldn't sign - Scarlet Witch being one - but these are currently all gone.

I didn't try with Clara Cluck at the Festival of Holidays because I was too stunned to see her.

Galaxy's Edge is mostly a 'no'. Boba and Fennec do not sign, neither do Chewbacca or Kylo. I've seen Rey sign in the past, but not this trip. Very much doubt the Mandalorian signs.

Other than that go for it.

Hello Disneyland Is Magic,
At Disneyland there are some characters who can or cannot sign autographs and these are some of the characters who can sign and some who are just for photos and conversation and some of these characters are listed as follows,
1. Buzz Lightyear,
Buzz Lightyear does not sign autographs in Disneyland to my knowledge but he is known for giving a autograph stamp in autograph books
2. Darth Vader
Darth Vader signs autographs in autograph books based on Youtube videos I've watched
3. Moon Knight
Moon Knight doesn't sign autographs but he is for photos and conversation
4. Ian and Barley from Onward
I don't know if these characters signed autographs just before the pandemic debuted but on Youtube videos I saw no autographs being given out but photos were taken with Ian and Barley
You might want to view some character meet and greet videos on Youtube of the characters your kids want to meet to get an idea what to expect before your trip. But even if your kids end up with photos and some autographs they are sure to have fun
Hope this advice helps you
Dodger

During my last trip pre-pandemic, Buzz Lightyear and the characters from Zootopia would not sign autographs. If a character cannot sign autographs, usually the CM handler will give a fun/in-universe reason; for example with Buzz it was something like "Our agreement with Star Command would not allow autographs." With Judy Hopps, it was "The Zootopia police department does not allow its officers to sign autographs."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter