• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Autograph question

potterphreak

Mouseketeer
Packing up the mini backpacks the girls will have to schlep all over the parks (hee hee-good little dray horses!!!) and was wondering-I know the characters need a "fatter" pen to hold so they can properly sign, will a sharpie work? And, most importantly, will it bleed through the pages? Thanks in advance!!

The autograph books you can purchase in the parks have somewhat thicker pages, so it probably wouldn't bleed through.

The only problem with a sharpie, there is a very good chance it could come in contact with their gloves and permanetly stain them.

I'm packing sharpies for the characters to sign with. I made the kid's autograph books out of small scrapbooks, which have cardstock pages. I'm pretty sure the sharpie won't go through. I'm not sure what the pages in a regular autograph book would do. HTH! :sunny:

I had brought a huge black marker that I bought from Target in their dollar area. Although a few characters thought it was cute and funny ( Pluto played with it on his nose and acted like it was really heavy, and Stitch kept staring at it) many of the characters were extremely cautious about using it. Having noticed that, our second day there we returned to using the traditional long big pens sold at the park! Although the Sharpie's work great and make " sharp " siggies ( I liked the looked of the signature's from the black marker instead of the pen :confused3 ), I think that most characters prefer to stay away from the more permanent markers. :teeth: Whatever pen you decide to use, think about the size of three pencils taped together and that would be the perfect signing size :earboy2:

My son had the characters sign his golden ears hat. We handed the marker to the "handler" of the characters in toontown and they carefully handed the marker to Mickey, etc...
At Goofys Kitchen, I carefully handed the marker to the character, made it easier than the 7 year old doing it. Yes the characters are careful, but his hat looks fantastic.

Disneyfan_77 said:
I had brought a huge black marker that I bought from Target in their dollar area.

We brought the same thing! We got a lot of funny responses from the characters as well, but I also noticed they were extremely careful with it as you said. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter