Autograph Books for Kids?

bbmassey

Two Disney Crazed Teachers
We are going to WDW in a few weeks and I have thought about creating an autograph book for our kiddo's. Has anyone created one before or found one on Pinterest or Etsy that they really liked? I would welcome and help you can provide. Thanks!

We are going to WDW in a few weeks and I have thought about creating an autograph book for our kiddo's. Has anyone created one before or found one on Pinterest or Etsy that they really liked? I would welcome and help you can provide. Thanks!

There is a forum here for that. Go to the forums list and scroll down, down, down (keep going!), down to Creative DISigns. They have links to resources and a how to guide for putting everything together (or I could, you know, link you http://www.disboards.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-disigns-tips-faqs-guidelines.2430262/). FedEx Print will bind it and put clear covers on it if you want (or you can have it printed via shutterfly or similar). Just beware it's kind of time consuming. Also, be strategic in who you include. My DD7 wanted to get every signature in the book so if you're not likely to see them, you may want to leave them out.

But overall I was quite happy with them. Some of the characters made a big deal out of seeing themselves and I got some comments from other guests.

I really wanted to make them but I just couldn't figure it out. Saw some I liked in etsy and ordered them last year and just ordered another for our upcoming trip. They are simple, under $10 and the girl that makes them is really nice and has made two from suggestions that I had. Don't know if I can put a link here to her store but if you want to pm me I will give it to you .

I made one out of the Disney Ecyclopedia of Animated Characters. I found it on the link listed above or you can google it. It was the best thing ever!! I made a second one for my granddaughter.
I took it to fed ex and they removed the binding and added a spiral binding. They also laminated the front and back cover. Through the creative DISigns page I found pages for characters that weren't in the book and fed ex added them.

I used the a phonebook from Shutterfly. It is a hardback book. I used pictures that are mentioned above. I have used both a 8/8 book and a 12/12. The 8/8 was easier to carry around the parks. I have also done something similar using pictures we had taken on previous trips.

I really wanted to make them but I just couldn't figure it out. Saw some I liked in etsy and ordered them last year and just ordered another for our upcoming trip. They are simple, under $10 and the girl that makes them is really nice and has made two from suggestions that I had. Don't know if I can put a link here to her store but if you want to pm me I will give it to you .
Please PM me. I suck at making stuff. LOL

I made autograph books from small sketch books (about 6" x 8") I bought at Wal Mart. I covered the front cover in scrapbook paper and embellishments, and gave a nice coat of mod podge. I tied coordinating ribbon on the wire of the binding. They worked perfectly, were fairly easy to make, and looked so cute!

I made one out of the Disney Ecyclopedia of Animated Characters. I found it on the link listed above or you can google it. It was the best thing ever!! I made a second one for my granddaughter.
I took it to fed ex and they removed the binding and added a spiral binding. They also laminated the front and back cover. Through the creative DISigns page I found pages for characters that weren't in the book and fed ex added them.

Adding the pages to the Encyclopedia of Animated Characters is an excellent idea. A few years back we were at DL with this Encyclopedia. When we met Mary Poppins and Burt I kept looking and looking for her page. Then it dawned on me, "She's not ANIMATED!" :goodvibes

Just to give you another idea, for I myself am lacking in the crafty department...
I did an autograph book for my oldest when she was 6. Since then and with the other two, we do Tshirts. First thing we do every trip is shop for one for each kid, take along our fat sharpies, and they get them filled up. Then they can wear them to school or wherever when we get home. Oldest is 16 and still enjoys it more than the book.

I wanted to surprise my kids with homemade autograph books for our trip this fall. I bought a pack of pastel 12x12 scrapbook paper and cut the pages in quarters with a paper cutter. I then spiral bound the pages (we have a machine at work to do this) and bought scrapbook stickers for each page. They turned out really cute.

Where can I purchase one if I don't want to make one? We meet Anna & Elsa on our arrival day (this Monday), so I should probably have one in hand before that! (Just thought of this - yikes!)

Where can I purchase one if I don't want to make one? We meet Anna & Elsa on our arrival day (this Monday), so I should probably have one in hand before that! (Just thought of this - yikes!)

Some Disney Stores have them. Or you could just grab one at the park on your way to see A&E.

I always create my own autograph book...I use microsoft publisher to create them...once I am done creating then I put my work on a stick and take it to staples to have them print it out. Actually I think you can just send your whole project over to staples online now. After they print all my pages they bind it together for me...it usually costs about $15 per book to do it that way with staples. I have gotten a ton of reactions from the characters in the past with having our hand made autograph books...they usually get super excited to see them rather than having the same old boring books you can buy in the gift shops, lol

Just to give you another idea, for I myself am lacking in the crafty department...
I did an autograph book for my oldest when she was 6. Since then and with the other two, we do Tshirts. First thing we do every trip is shop for one for each kid, take along our fat sharpies, and they get them filled up. Then they can wear them to school or wherever when we get home. Oldest is 16 and still enjoys it more than the book.

Does the sharpie ink come out in the wash after awhile? Wondering if we would need to get fabric markers instead.

Another vote for this book! I did this also based on a tip on here several yrs. ago, got it from Amazon, then had same thing done as PP at Staples, but we just had extra blank pages added, since it was too close to our trip to design anything. We have had the newer characters that aren't in there and face characters like Mary Poppins sign on those extra pages. The book is fantastic though, with lots of great facts about characters, and nice to occupy kids while waiting in line for meets or rides. Also in ABC order so easy to flip to page you need. Characters have had so much fun with it too! One of the stepsisters took it at 1900 PF, and crossed out the negative words about them(lazy, etc), and wrote in positive ones(beautiful, etc.), and then did the opposite for Cinderella's words - hysterical! When we met Jessie and Woody by Splash, Woody acted very offended that we asked Jessie to sign first, and was looking for his page! Just an FYI that is a little heavy to carry around, but worth it for us.

Another vote for this book! I did this also based on a tip on here several yrs. ago, got it from Amazon, then had same thing done as PP at Staples, but we just had extra blank pages added, since it was too close to our trip to design anything. We have had the newer characters that aren't in there and face characters like Mary Poppins sign on those extra pages. The book is fantastic though, with lots of great facts about characters, and nice to occupy kids while waiting in line for meets or rides. Also in ABC order so easy to flip to page you need. Characters have had so much fun with it too! One of the stepsisters took it at 1900 PF, and crossed out the negative words about them(lazy, etc), and wrote in positive ones(beautiful, etc.), and then did the opposite for Cinderella's words - hysterical! When we met Jessie and Woody by Splash, Woody acted very offended that we asked Jessie to sign first, and was looking for his page! Just an FYI that is a little heavy to carry around, but worth it for us.
The stepsisters did the same to ours!! And one drew a mustache on the other one. Lol When we met Stitch he took off with it, insisting because he was in it the book belonged to him. My daughter loved it! Prince Naveen asked my daughter where she got the book and she said Amazon. He acted all shocked and scared and asked her if she was frightened going into the Amazon to retrieve a book. Well worth carrying it around!!!!

I had a pillowcase made with my granddaughter's picture on the front and back for autograph's. My 15 year old wanted a white book bag for hers. I bought a regular autograph book for my son.

If you have an iPad there is an app called A+ signature. It allowed us to take a picture and then have the character sign the photo using a stylist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter