Auto Train Fares?

DVC Chris

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I have taken Auto Train once before and enjoyed it. We are looking to take our next trip in Late Nov./Early Dec. I looked up the fares and they are about $200 higher than I paid last year (late-Aug/Sept.)... Is anybody aware of Amtrak's pricing policies. Do they lower the fares as it gets closer?......I know I can trade in the ticket, pay the $75 change fee, and have them re-issued for the lower priced ticket, BUT I still lose the $75.00.......

I am also getting concerned that they may begin to raise the fares if the gas prices in the East skyrocket.....

Any insight would be appreciated.....

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the specifics of their pricing, but we're taking the autotrain in November and when I looked in January the prices were about $200 less then when I finally booked them in March. Maybe the price goes up closer to the time, like airfares? If you are an AAA member, they offer a discount.

Our experience with the auto train is that they are just like the airlines, fares go up and down depending on when you call, which res agent you get etc. They do give a very nice discount with the AAA membership(it basically more than covers the cost of the membership).

Like anything related to FLA and WDW, call and call often, and when you hear a price you like twice...Take It!

Good Luck

The Auto Train fares are least expensive at about 11 months out which is the earliest you can book a fare.

As you get closer to the travel date the fares go up.

The AAA discount is 10% off of the charge for the vehicle only. There is no AAA discount on the passanger fares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter