Autism and EFA's

wiggles02

Mouseketeer
Has anyone given their autism spectrum child omega fatty acids? I've been doing some research and how they affect these kids and I'm thinking of trying it with ds who is pdd-nos. Have you had good results? How did they tolerate them? Did you talk to your doctor beforehand. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

wiggles02 said:
Has anyone given their autism spectrum child omega fatty acids? I've been doing some research and how they affect these kids and I'm thinking of trying it with ds who is pdd-nos. Have you had good results? How did they tolerate them? Did you talk to your doctor beforehand. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

We didn't try the omega fatty acids for our son but we did do other dietary things (gluten free/casein free, enzymes, probiotics, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting). The best thing we did was find a doctor who follows the DAN! (Defeat Autism Now!) protocol. We saw a wonderful naturopath who helped us with the testing and the amounts of things we needed to give to our son.

Good luck with it! I hope it helps!

my mom uses probotics from natren? for my autistic brother & it has helped him so much with digestion, general health & concentration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter