Aussie Disneyland Planners come on in and lets plan together :)

We are off to US/Canada for Christmas. :banana:
I've just got off the phone with Qantas making our final FF booking for our Dec trip. Looks like it is WDW this year instead of DLR.
We've so far booked our LA to Orlando flights for Nov 30th and our Syracuse to LA for Jan 5th.
We will be at WDW staying on property from Nov 30 Until Dec 12th. Most likely at All Star Music this time. Will book that very soon as I can always make changes down the track if any good specials come up.
I still need to book flights from Orlando to Syracuse as well as our flights to America. I've looked at Jet Blue to get us to Syracuse but can't book that far ahead as yet. I'll wait for a bit longer to book the international flight as i'm hoping for a better fare than is available at the moment.:)

Hey there. So are you using Frequent Flyer points for your international flights? Do you know roughly how many you need for a flight to the US?

Well, we leave in just under 5 weeks, LA for 3 nights, LV for 4 nights, then back to DL for a week. So just over 2 weeks in total. DD will miss the first week of term 2 (she's in year 2.) Teacher is providing us with "work" which is basically spelling list for the week, her reader for the week, plus they are doing a transport module so she has been asked to present a detailed recount of the transport methods we used. So pretty easy really.

Then in our very rough pipeline, December 2011, New York for a week or so before Christmas. DD won't spend Christmas away from home, so it depends on the date for her dancing concert, but just as important, $$$$$$. Plus it's a long time away yet...

Gosh Kylie, not long to go now. You must be so excited, you've been watching everyone else go for so long, now it's your turn and I'm watching, green with envy LOL.

I am thinking of a December 2011 NYC, WDW, Washington DC kinda thing too. Mentioned it to hubby last night, he pointed out we have just bought a block of land and we are building, that's our priority. I said I don't understand why the two have to be mutually exclusive. Can't we do both. He said, I don't think so. I said "we'll see". If you remember, he told me last year we weren't going, ummmm and we did. The poor guy, he doesn't stand a chance :rotfl2: I look forward to hearing your plans as they develop for Dec 2011

Hey there. So are you using Frequent Flyer points for your international flights? Do you know roughly how many you need for a flight to the US?

We used our points up on our trip last year so only had around 110,00 to use for this trip. We are using our points for the US domestic only as it works out a better savings for us.

Total points for a return ticket to LAX was either 96,000 or 108,00 plus around 500.00 in taxes.

The total of all our flights within the US would have cost a few hundred more than one return ticket to LAX and most likely more if we waited and booked later in the year. (working on prices available at the moment)
We used 108,000 points total for three people for flights from LAX to Orlando and then Syracuse to LAX. The grand total of all taxes for all flights was $30.00 USD. I had to pay the assisted booking fee with my cc as I was short on points and this was $75.00 total AUD. (can't book Syracuse online)
We tend to accumulate enough points for either one international flight or all US domestic flights each year. Using them for US domestic has always worked out a better savings for us.
Now its fingers crossed that a good fare comes up for Nov. V Australia has some great fares available at the moment but only until end of Sept.

We used our points up on our trip last year so only had around 110,00 to use for this trip. We are using our points for the US domestic only as it works out a better savings for us.

Total points for a return ticket to LAX was either 96,000 or 108,00 plus around 500.00 in taxes.

The total of all our flights within the US would have cost a few hundred more than one return ticket to LAX and most likely more if we waited and booked later in the year. (working on prices available at the moment)
We used 108,000 points total for three people for flights from LAX to Orlando and then Syracuse to LAX. The grand total of all taxes for all flights was $30.00 USD. I had to pay the assisted booking fee with my cc as I was short on points and this was $75.00 total AUD. (can't book Syracuse online)
We tend to accumulate enough points for either one international flight or all US domestic flights each year. Using them for US domestic has always worked out a better savings for us.
Now its fingers crossed that a good fare comes up for Nov. V Australia has some great fares available at the moment but only until end of Sept.

Thanks for all of that info, that's great. And a good tip about using for the US domestic flights. Thanks again.

Can I ask that the next person going to WDW, could you bring me back a map from each of the parks pretty please with cherries on top. Am happy to send postage.

Or is there anyone who has been recently that has some spares????

I've got some spare DL ones if anyone wants them.

Can I ask that the next person going to WDW, could you bring me back a map from each of the parks pretty please with cherries on top. Am happy to send postage.

Or is there anyone who has been recently that has some spares????

I've got some spare DL ones if anyone wants them.

Hey Ms Shuttergirl. I'll be there in May. Happy to bring you back a copy from each park. Will PM you...

I'll be there in July, so will pick up spares as well if anyone else wants them.

Ms Shuttergirl - I'd love a DL map if you still have some :). That will get the kids excited!

96 days! :cool1:

I'll be there in July, so will pick up spares as well if anyone else wants them.

Ms Shuttergirl - I'd love a DL map if you still have some :). That will get the kids excited!

96 days! :cool1:

No worries at all. In the envelope and will be on its way this week.

Booked my anaheim accom. yesterday. All set now. All I need is to pay for 2 days car rental and my spending money. :banana::yay::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

hey, mellbby where are you staying in anaheim and where did you book your car? have some friends going in Sept and trying to help them out.

My Trip
I regret booking Legoland package, but I clicked confirm before I realised it was one of those non refundable things. I've read reviews about LL and they sound pretty bad; a bit of a downer after seeing DL, and nothing for adults. Perhaps my son will like it as he loves lego anyway, and then I might just let dh and son go by themselves while I do some shopping instead.
A while ago now since I have visited The Dis (and The Happiest Place On earth ;)) but when we were over we took DS3 (very nearly 4) to Legoland and we all loved it :thumbsup2
Such and eye opener and DS still talks about Legoland now.

I can't wait to get back over there.

Apparently none of our kids will ever miss out on Disneyland, so i'd better hurry up and pop some more out LOL

A while ago now since I have visited The Dis (and The Happiest Place On earth ;)) but when we were over we took DS3 (very nearly 4) to Legoland and we all loved it :thumbsup2
Such and eye opener and DS still talks about Legoland now.

I can't wait to get back over there.

Apparently none of our kids will ever miss out on Disneyland, so i'd better hurry up and pop some more out LOL

Too funny, you know you are fan when you are prepared to have another child to get back there:rotfl2:

Has anyone else entered the Woolworths/Omo Disneyland competition?

You need to purchase any OMO powder or liquid from Woolworths then enter at www.omo.com.au/woolworths with barcode and receipt no#. Entries accepted up to 4/4/10.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter