Aulani

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of going to Aulani next June. We are 2 adults and 2dd's in their 20's. What size villa do you recommend.

Pros/Cons? What not to miss...

Does it have a Disney feel? Any characters?

Thank you!:cool1:

Size of villa is a really personal thing. Me? In the situation you describe I wouldn't want less than a 2BR so everyone has room, privacy, etc. I'm sure you'll get others who say I'm crazy and why waste points for anything bigger than a studio since you're all family.

It does have a Disney feel, but as someone pointed out in a different thread yesterday (and I completely agree) it has more of a Hawaii feel with Disney accents. It's spectacular, that's for sure. There are definitely characters, both at the buffet breakfast at Makahiki and at various times throughout the resort (your daily activities sheet will tell you where and when).

What not to miss? Well, the lazy river and water slides, the spa, both dinner and breakfast at 'Ama 'Ama, the starlit hui show, the menehune adventure (even though it's geared towards kids it's very well done and you should still have fun)... Really, you could easily spend a week here and never leave the grounds!

Size of villa is a really personal thing. Me? In the situation you describe I wouldn't want less than a 2BR so everyone has room, privacy, etc. I'm sure you'll get others who say I'm crazy and why waste points for anything bigger than a studio since you're all family.

It does have a Disney feel, but as someone pointed out in a different thread yesterday (and I completely agree) it has more of a Hawaii feel with Disney accents. It's spectacular, that's for sure. There are definitely characters, both at the buffet breakfast at Makahiki and at various times throughout the resort (your daily activities sheet will tell you where and when).

What not to miss? Well, the lazy river and water slides, the spa, both dinner and breakfast at 'Ama 'Ama, the starlit hui show, the menehune adventure (even though it's geared towards kids it's very well done and you should still have fun)... Really, you could easily spend a week here and never leave the grounds!

I totally agree with you. We have two teenage boys and we always get a 2 bedroom. They share their room and have their own bathroom and their own queen bed each. Nobody has to sleep in the living room.

We did spend 5 days of our time there just hanging at the resort and doing absolutely nothing. We didn't spend any money on the cabanas because it seemed a waste. We did have a pool-side view room, which is floors 1-4, so the room was always close enough to pop back into.

Definitely nothing less than a 1BR. That way the girls have a separate room in which to sleep. However the 1BRs share a split bathroom, with a sink and a jacuzzi bathtub in one area and a sink and a shower in the other and one toilet.

Thanks everyone!

The thing with all dvc one bedrooms, although plenty big for 4 of us, our girls have to pull out chairs in the LR to sleep.

Are there a lot of reasonable restaurants and a nice grocery near aulani for cheaper food options?

Is there free snorkeling somewhere nearby?

Next year. When construction is finished, would you get a cabana?

Do they have a luau onsite?

Thank you for all your help!

We are thinking of going to Aulani next June. We are 2 adults and 2dd's in their 20's. What size villa do you recommend.

Pros/Cons? What not to miss...

Does it have a Disney feel? Any characters?

Thank you!:cool1:

With that group makeup, I'd want at least a dedicated 2 bedroom. The 20 somethings will have their own room and each have their own bed, and more importantly, their own bathroom! I hate to have the common area used for sleeping if I can avoid it.

LOTS of Disney feel and LOTS of characters too. We absolutely loved the spa as well, and that was both male and female members of our party.

Be sure you take in the Starlit Hui show that's offered a couple of times a week. SPECTACULAR and free compared to going to a luau.

One thing to be aware of at Aulani:
The door between the Master Bedroom and the living room in the 1bdroom is a louvered door. Yes.....louvered! :confused:

Also, the Master Bathroom is split and shared with the living room. Again, with a louvered door! What were they thinking? You can stand on the Bedroom side of the door and see someone sitting on the toilet...I kid you not!:confused3

So, depending on how private you want to be, you may need the 2bedroom!:rolleyes1

One thing to be aware of at Aulani:
The door between the Master Bedroom and the living room in the 1bdroom is a louvered door. Yes.....louvered! :confused:

Also, the Master Bathroom is split and shared with the living room. Again, with a louvered door! What were they thinking? You can stand on the Bedroom side of the door and see someone sitting on the toilet...I kid you not!:confused3

So, depending on how private you want to be, you may need the 2bedroom!:rolleyes1

LOL! We never noticed! But then, I'm not inclined to care enough to stand next to a door to see or hear what someone else is doing on the other side! If the door is closed, that's enough for me. I did find the doors to be very heavy, and that muffled sound just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter