Aulani - with current incentives......

I am debating buying these (300) also for a Dec UY. I need to decide by tomorrow though. We go to Aulani about once every two to three years, but honestly have never needed the 11 month window at the times we travel. So these would end up being some combination of SAP and Aulain points. I would sell my 175 SSR restricted contract which I figure I would list for about $129 a point or so to help offset the cost. Basically adding 125 more points for the $133 a point (minus the cost of selling the resale) and also getting a total of 600 2020 and 2021 Dec points. Hmm

How small are folks breaking down the 300 points — 50, 75 or 100 points? I’m weighing the pros/cons of higher closing costs versus the resale value of smaller contracts, in case I wanted to downsize later.

Question: I have contracts in October (direct) and June (resale), but none at Aulani. If I try to buy Aulani with December use year would I get the add-on incentives or the new member incentives since it is a different use year? Seems like a good deal for direct points and with December use year could also get 2020 points as well.

You would get the add-on incentives.

How small are folks breaking down the 300 points — 50, 75 or 100 points? I’m weighing the pros/cons of higher closing costs versus the resale value of smaller contracts, in case I wanted to downsize later.

We did 75 point contracts. Chatted with a resale broker who recommended going under 100 points to maximize resale value. Even if you can get $3-$5 more pp when you resell, you more thank break even.

We did 75 point contracts. Chatted with a resale broker who recommended going under 100 points to maximize resale value. Even if you can get $3-$5 more pp when you resell, you more thank break even.
What is the extra closing cost per contract?

I believe it is ~$195 for each contract. DVC calls it a "Document Fee".
Was this your total closing cost for each of the 75 point contracts? I’ve never bought direct before so I assumed CC would be closer to resale so about $700-800 each.

I jumped on the Aulani direct deal and picked Dec use year for double loaded so if I can rent those out at $30-40 that brings my AUL sap points at or under $100 direct. I live west coast and already own 1 resale Aulani contract so picked AUL for 11months adv and sap so this direct add on just doubles down on more vacays for the family in our future. To me AUL has more value than SSR, as I don’t see any scenario needing to book 8-11months in advance there vs AUL there are some time periods or dates/room categories you need the advantage.
Are you paying the MF on Dec 2021 points or this are free?

Im always on the hunt for decent value points.

Now AUL with current incentives seems very good.

For example 300 points $201pp less $68pp = $133pp direct.

SSR currently going for around that level resale. I currently have 350 points direct so I don't need the blue card.

But to have more 'unrestricted' points seems very appealing

What are folks thoughts on AUL? Is it like SSR in that it doesn't get the love it deserves?

This incentive worked on me. Picked up some direct points last week!

This incentive worked on me. Picked up some direct points last week!
It was interesting hearing your resale selling experience on the show the other week.
Selling restricted resale points to buy unrestricted direct points sounds like a win!

Was this your total closing cost for each of the 75 point contracts? I’ve never bought direct before so I assumed CC would be closer to resale so about $700-800 each.

That is the document fee which excludes title insurance premiums. It’s a set fee per contract. It’s not based on the value of the contract or the resort.

It was interesting hearing your resale selling experience on the show the other week.
Selling restricted resale points to buy unrestricted direct points sounds like a win!
I also just bought my 300 today with a December use year. Overall it allows me to get a bunch of now points since we had borrowed some, and I’ll sell my 175 restricted to help offset a significant amount of the cost.

In certain circumstances, the discussion of what we could resell these points for is pointless (pun intended!) In my case I'm an older gentleman, and I would not ever resell this contract. So that's simply irrelevant to me, and to others who may be in my situation. I will leave this contract to an heir, but since their cost is $0.00, whatever they get if they want to sell it is gravy.

I'm speaking hypothetically, because I haven't taken this deal, but I'm seriously considering it.

We ended up taking this deal as well. 300points, 3 payments, paying with Chase Sapphire for the 3x points (another ~$1,800 off), and renting out the first batch - never thought we'd actually purchase direct but here we are... 🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter