Aulani Trip Report - July 2023

Aulani Day 3 - dinner at Longhi’s (Marriott)
We had a dinner reservation at Longhi’s for 6:30pm. It was a lovely walk over there and we stopped a few times along the way to take some pictures.

Came across this blast from the past during our walk over and the kids had NO IDEA what it was. :rotfl2:

Longhi's 01.jpg

When we checked in at the host stand, we asked if they had a table available where we could see the luau that was taking place that night. This was another great tip that I had read during our planning, so shout out to whoever shared this! I think the luau is only offered at the Marriott on Tuesdays, so we timed our reservation to coincide. Our table request was accommodated and this was a nice way to see a bit of a luau without fully committing to expensive tickets where our kids probably wouldn’t enjoy the food. As we walked toward the restaurant, we stopped at some of the tables that were set up near the luau for local crafters to sell items. My son bought a necklace and my daughter bought a gift to take home to her best friend.

As for Longhi’s, we really enjoyed our meal. My husband had the Lobster Longhi, which he loved. My daughter had the filet mignon, which was prepared to a perfect medium rare and melted in your mouth. I had the veal picatta, which I found a bit disappointing. Not terrible, but I wish that I had ordered the filet instead. We also had the Longhi Longhi salads, which were basically Ceasar salads. My favorite part of the meal was dessert! We indulged in key lime pie, the chocolate lava cake, the chocolate and raspberry torte, and some delicious French pressed coffee. I brought half of my pie back to the room to enjoy the next day.

We enjoyed the walk back to Aulani after our filling meal and it was a beautiful night. We did notice that the winds were beginning to pick up with the pending arrival of Tropical Storm Calvin (downgraded from a hurricane).

Here are a few pics taken on our way to dinner.

Longhi's 02.jpg

Longhi's 03.jpg

And one of my "Moana girl"...

Longhi's 04.jpg

Beautiful sunset
Sunset.jpg

Aulani Day 3 - dinner at Longhi’s (Marriott)
We had a dinner reservation at Longhi’s for 6:30pm. It was a lovely walk over there and we stopped a few times along the way to take some pictures.

Came across this blast from the past during our walk over and the kids had NO IDEA what it was. :rotfl2:

View attachment 781778

When we checked in at the host stand, we asked if they had a table available where we could see the luau that was taking place that night. This was another great tip that I had read during our planning, so shout out to whoever shared this! I think the luau is only offered at the Marriott on Tuesdays, so we timed our reservation to coincide. Our table request was accommodated and this was a nice way to see a bit of a luau without fully committing to expensive tickets where our kids probably wouldn’t enjoy the food. As we walked toward the restaurant, we stopped at some of the tables that were set up near the luau for local crafters to sell items. My son bought a necklace and my daughter bought a gift to take home to her best friend.

As for Longhi’s, we really enjoyed our meal. My husband had the Lobster Longhi, which he loved. My daughter had the filet mignon, which was prepared to a perfect medium rare and melted in your mouth. I had the veal picatta, which I found a bit disappointing. Not terrible, but I wish that I had ordered the filet instead. We also had the Longhi Longhi salads, which were basically Ceasar salads. My favorite part of the meal was dessert! We indulged in key lime pie, the chocolate lava cake, the chocolate and raspberry torte, and some delicious French pressed coffee. I brought half of my pie back to the room to enjoy the next day.

We enjoyed the walk back to Aulani after our filling meal and it was a beautiful night. We did notice that the winds were beginning to pick up with the pending arrival of Tropical Storm Calvin (downgraded from a hurricane).

Here are a few pics taken on our way to dinner.

View attachment 781780

View attachment 781781

And one of my "Moana girl"...

View attachment 781782

Beautiful sunset
View attachment 781783
Glad you enjoyed your meal at Longi's. We ate there during our June Aulani stay and enjoyed it too. On advice of friends we got to the Marriott early and had a frozen Mai Tai at the pool bar. So good!!!

Glad you enjoyed your meal at Longi's. We ate there during our June Aulani stay and enjoyed it too. On advice of friends we got to the Marriott early and had a frozen Mai Tai at the pool bar. So good!!!

Thanks for the Mai Tai tip. Definitely making note for next time. I had quite a running list of drinks that I wanted to try on this trip and just ran out of time. I did have the regular Mai Tai at Longhi's, though, and thought it was great!

Aulani Day 4 - beach morning, family photos, and a tropical storm
We set Wednesday aside for family photos taken on the beach at sunset, so other than that, it was intended to be a relaxing day at the resort. Of course, we ran into another hiccup with the approaching tropical storm that was predicted to hit. It looked like the Big Island and Maui were set to get the worst of the weather, but the forecast still called for plenty of rain and high winds for Oahu. This resulted in A LOT of stress for me as the chief planner for our family. I had spent a ridiculous amount of time and energy planning for this photo session - selecting a photographer, hair/makeup/floral vendors, new outfits for the family, and choosing a location. Now we just had to wait to see what was going to happen.

We registered for the morning family beach activity called Thingamabobs - A Mermaid's Tale. Once again, my husband and kids were skeptical and full of questions. I really didn’t know any details since the description on the website and app doesn’t tell you a lot. Suffice to say, the kids really enjoyed it and as far as “free” activities go, this was something nice for families to do together. Husband wasn’t terribly excited about being in the sand, but beaches and water aren’t really his thing. I was happy that he participated 🙂.

After that, I returned to our room to take a shower and have an early lunch before our hair and makeup stylist arrived at noon. Husband and kids spent some more time at the lagoon and they also had fun playing ping pong for a bit. They eventually returned for showers and lunch, too.

Sheri, from Bliss Beauty, provided hair and makeup for me and our daughter. Sheri was very good to work with and I enjoyed chatting with her while she got us ready. I wasn’t prepared with any inspiration pictures and she did a nice job suggesting styles for both of us. We both had our hair pulled back due to the winds, which I didn’t mind. It was a big treat for our daughter to be allowed to wear makeup and have it professionally done.

As we got ready, I was texting back and forth with our photographer, trying to decide what to do about the weather. Earlier in the week, she had offered me some alternate dates due to the storm forecast, but unfortunately, we couldn’t make any of them work with our schedule due to other tours that we were already committed to, as well as the hair/makeup and florals. I really appreciated that she was doing her best to be flexible and to ensure a positive experience. In the end, we decided to relocate the shoot to Secret Beach, which is a relatively short walk from Aulani. The forecast looked slightly better for this side of the island than our original location at Lanikai Beach.

To be continued…

Aulani Day 4 - family photos, Angel, and Moana
While we were getting our hair and makeup done, my husband was in charge of meeting the florist at the Aulani entrance to pick up our floral headpieces that were being delivered. If I am being honest, I was super disappointed in the crown that I received for my daughter. The colors were correct, but it was composed mostly of mini carnations (or something similar). It didn’t include any of the more tropical varieties that I had requested in my original order or look anything close to the beautiful work she posts on social media. I was really wishing that I had confirmed the flowers in a final email closer to our trip, but I was more concerned about details for delivery and the colors and trusted that she had all of the notes from my original order. I was happy with the floral clip that I received for my hair, and to her credit, the florist was receptive to my feedback about the crown when I messaged her later. She offered a resolution that I thought was fair. But I admit that between the flower disappointment and the weather, I was beginning to feel pretty defeated.

Due to the location change for the shoot, we had some extra time to kill before we walked over to Secret Beach. I pulled up the character schedule on the app and we decided to try and meet a few. I think the locations were moved indoors due to the weather, because when we met characters later in our week, they were always outside. The meet with Moana was in a ballroom at the convention center and Angel was at Aunty’s.

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

After our character photos, we headed over to the beach. We got there a good 20 minutes earlier than we needed to. It was beginning to rain just enough that the raindrops were leaving water spots on the guys’ shirts. Thankfully, the rain didn’t last too long, but the wind was pretty noticeable. I was glad we had our hair pulled back.

Our photographer was Shannon Melek, of Shannon Melek Photography. She got right to work, taking all different variations of poses with the whole family, the kids, the adults, etc. She acknowledged that she was working fast because she wanted to get everything done in case the weather worsened. Once it seemed like it was calming down, she slowed her pace and let the kids relax a bit. She was so incredibly thoughtful and patient as we waited to see what might happen with the sunset. By then, the other families and photographers had cleared out.

Our patience was rewarded and the sky lit up! I couldn’t be happier with how the pictures turned out. Shannon is an amazing photographer and I would recommend her 1000%. She posts lots of pictures on her FB page, if you want to check her out. I just received the full gallery from her yesterday (fantastic turnaround time) and I love them all.

5R7A9343.jpeg

5R7A9190.jpg

By the time pictures ended, we were growing hungry for dinner. We checked out the menu for Mina’s as we walked back, but decided it wasn’t a great fit for us since most of us don’t care for seafood. Instead, we walked across the street to the Mexican restaurant. It was terrific and we would definitely go back.

Love your repot so far! it sounds lIke our trips intersected. We were there the 19-26. We flew in the day of the storm which was stressful planning but ended up being no big deal. Bummer on the rough start. We live in Phoenix!

Really beautiful pictures-so glad your photo session turned out so well, the colors are just stunning. Also love the Moana girl and sunset pics, they turned out great! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Love your repot so far! it sounds lIke our trips intersected. We were there the 19-26. We flew in the day of the storm which was stressful planning but ended up being no big deal. Bummer on the rough start. We live in Phoenix!

I don't know how you survive the Phoenix summers - too hot for me, LOL.

Really beautiful pictures-so glad your photo session turned out so well, the colors are just stunning. Also love the Moana girl and sunset pics, they turned out great! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Thanks for following along. After all of the stress on photo day, I am really pleased with how they turned out. It's not something we will likely do every time, but it had been quite a few years since we've had nice family photos taken and this meant a lot to me.

Day 5 - Pearl Harbor and Waikiki (maybe)
Husband and I were both looking forward to our scheduled tours at Pearl Harbor. In preparation, we spent time with the kids before the trip reminding them of this moment in history and why it is still so important. They each read a children’s book set in that time period. Our daughter read “Pearl Harbor,” part of the American Girl: real stories from my time series. Our son read “I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941,” part of the I Survived series. This was a good way to have them take some ownership for their learning. Our daughter especially enjoyed learning about Hawaiian culture and language in her book.

I created an online account on the National Parks website and was able to reserve our tickets to visit the USS Arizona Memorial exactly eight weeks in advance ($1 service fee). Additional tickets are released 24 hours in advance, or you can arrive early in the morning and wait in the standby line. We arrived ~7:30 a.m. and the standby line was already quite long, so I was glad that we had a confirmed reservation. We rented the audio headsets and toured some of the exhibits before riding the boat out to the memorial site. We chose the guide that included 30 minutes of content, although my husband easily could have spent the entire day there. Since I had been to Pearl Harbor once before, I toured with the kids at a quicker pace while my husband read every single exhibit marker. He loved it. :-)

Pearl Harbor 01.jpg

Pearl Harbor 02.jpg

After our visit to the USS Arizona, we grabbed a snack and then took the bus to Ford Island to tour the USS Missouri, or “Mighty Mo.” Although I teased my husband about how much he was into it, I personally loved reading up on the history of the Missouri and the significant role it played in our military. We took two different tours while we were there. The first one was the basic tour that is included with your general admission ticket. This included a stop to see where the Japanese Instrument of Surrender, 1945, was signed, effectively ending WWII. The general admission ticket also allows you to tour much of the ship on your own. After the first tour, we got off of the ship for a lunch break. There are several food trucks located nearby. I had the pork tacos and they were great! After lunch, we re-boarded the ship for the Captain’s Tour.

Here is a shortened description of what was included in the Captain’s Tour copied from their website: The first stop on this tour will take you to the Wardroom where the ship’s officers dined. Then step off the tour route and into the most luxurious space onboard, the Captain’s in-port cabin, where only the most distinguished visitors were invited (we learned that events and meetings are still held in this cabin). From there take a ladder up to the Combat Engagement Center where the ship’s modern weapons were operated from and Tomahawk missiles were launched during the Persian Gulf War (seeing this part of the ship was AMAZING). Guests will then make their way up to the Navigation bridge where the Captain commanded the ship while underway. Guests will round out their tour with a special stop inside of Gun Turret #1 where they will see the inner workings behind the Mighty Mo’s famous big guns. This intimate tour has a capacity of ten visitors at a time and runs approximately 45 minutes.

Note: there are several steep ladders that you will need to climb up and down as part of this tour. In addition, it includes some stops in tight, dark spaces. If you are subject to claustrophobia, this might not be the best fit for you.

We thoroughly enjoyed this tour and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with an interest in history.

USS Missouri "Mighty Mo"
Pearl Harbor 03.jpg

Note that all of us are wearing closed-toe shoes, which was supposedly a requirement for the Captain's Tour. The other family who was signed up for the tour with us was wearing flip-flops. I was so annoyed because I would not have packed bulky tennis shoes for this trip if not for this tour. 😡
Pearl Harbor 04.jpg

Pearl Harbor 05.jpg

Inside the CEC, sitting in the commanding officer's chair making the call to fire the missiles. This was one of my favorite parts of the tour.
Pearl Harbor 06.jpg

Following this tour, our intention was to continue exploring the ship on our own to see a few of the places that we had not yet been. Unfortunately, the heat was really starting to get to me and our daughter. In case you are not aware, bags and purses are not allowed in any of the Pearl Harbor visitor areas (they offer a bag check for $7 per bag). I could feel a migraine setting in, but didn’t have access to my medication because I didn’t have my purse. I made an executive decision that it was time to go. We re-boarded the bus and returned to the main entrance. Husband and kids made one more trip to the gift shop so that our son could buy some souvenirs, while I collected my purse and headed to the car for some much-needed air conditioning.

To be continued…

Day 5 - Drive-by of Waikiki and a Backup Plan
The plans for our second half of the day included some free time in Waikiki to shop and explore the beach, followed by a dinner reservation at Duke’s. I was super excited about going to Duke’s!

Unfortunately, my migraine was not improving and as we drove to Waikiki, I began to feel really carsick. Yep - three days after being seasick, now I was carsick. UGH!!! I was trying to wait it out in hopes that my migraine medication would be kicking in, but at the same time, I was serving as navigator for my husband and we were driving in circles through downtown, trying to find public parking. It was a recipe for disaster. We eventually found a garage to park in and then just started walking with no particular destination in mind. We ended up inside of the mall, where I was hoping to sit for a bit and cool off. However, the mall was “open air” and hot! After a brief break, we decided to throw in the towel and return to Aulani. Our dinner reservation at Duke’s was still a few hours away and this seemed like the smart choice, even though I was really, really disappointed. 😢

As we prepared to leave the mall, I spotted the Honolulu Cookie Company, which was on my list of places to check out. We went in so that I could buy a box of assorted cookies to take home to my mom as a thank you for watching our dog and house. I was still feeling so sick at this point, I didn’t even buy anything for myself. Another disappointment. 😭

The kids and I slept in the car all the way back to Aulani. By the time we got there, I was feeling noticeably better. We decided to walk across the street and have dinner at Monkeypod. I had read lots of good things about it and it really hit the spot after a long day. We ordered the fries as an appetizer, a few pizzas (happy hour special!), and our son had pasta. I wish I had felt up for having a Mai Tai, but decided not to.

After dinner, our daughter and I did some more exploring at the resort. We picked up wristbands for the next day and I also signed the paperwork for the kids to check out the tablet for the Menehune adventure, which they planned to do the next day. I think we also spent some time in the lazy river. Even though things didn’t go according to plan, it ended up being a nice, relaxing evening. At this point, we’d been on the go for 10 days straight of traveling, so I think we were all ready for a break.

IMG_0955.jpg

As a fellow migraine sufferer who's also very prone to motion sickness, I feel you! I'm so happy it didn't completely ruin your day and you were feeling better enough to enjoy a more relaxed evening!

Your family photos turned out amazing! I love the co-ordination of colours, you did a fantastic job of pulling that together.

As a fellow migraine sufferer who's also very prone to motion sickness, I feel you! I'm so happy it didn't completely ruin your day and you were feeling better enough to enjoy a more relaxed evening!

Migraines are the worst! I really wish that I'd been able to carry my purse with me on our tour. During our planning, I had briefly looked into buying a clear "stadium bag" since I had read that those were allowed in. I never followed through because my packing list was already out of control, LOL, and I wasn't really sure if it would be allowed in or not.

Your family photos turned out amazing! I love the co-ordination of colours, you did a fantastic job of pulling that together.

Thank you so much! I found the dresses pretty early on in our planning, but really struggled with finding something solid for the guys AND that they would like.

Day 6 - Resort Day!
Looking back, I think this was one of my favorite days from the entire trip.

Husband and I had reservations at the Laniwai Spa for the Signature Lomilomi massage (remember to let them know if you are a DVC member). Initially, our reservations were scheduled 30-minutes apart, but the spa called me the day prior and offered to change them to the same time. This worked out perfectly as it gave us a full hour to experience the Hydrotherapy Garden together. Wow! I loved this part nearly as much as my massage. The garden was so peaceful and it was such a wonderful way to relax and prepare for our appointment.

The hour flew by and the host soon returned to collect us and have us change into our robes. I loved my massage! This is definitely on our list of things to do again when we return to Aulani some day. Recommend 100%!

While we were enjoying the spa, the kids were entrusted to have a little free time on their own, as long as they agreed to stay together. They mostly used this time to work on the Menehune Adventure with the tablet they checked out. They completed most of it, but still had a couple of items left to finish later.

We all met back in the room for a light lunch and also used this opportunity to take a few character pics. Afterwards, the adults headed out for our afternoon activity - the DVC Poke and Sake chef demonstration at Makahiki. This was another highlight of the trip. We loved the intimate setting for this, the poke was delicious, and we learned a lot. Some of the guests took their leftovers with them in a to-go box, but we ate everything! :rotfl2: I’d never had sake before and enjoyed the opportunity to try it. I’m not sure if this is something we would do again, just based on price and timing (only offered once a week), but we loved it.

Here are a few pictures from our relaxing resort day.

On my way to the spa, I stopped for a quick pic with 'Olu Mel.
IMG_0971.jpg

YAY - we finally met Stitch! Son has his new Stitch plush clipped to his wrist. He was so happy when the gift shop re-stocked it!

I treated myself to the Aulani / Stitch print Dooney and Burke. It's a lot bigger than I normally like, but I had to have it. The colors and print are amazing. I considered getting the wallet, but it wasn't big enough to hold my phone, so I went with this, but I wish it came in a cross-body style.
IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Daughter and I decided that "meet-and-greet" Daisy is a lot less annoying than cartoon/TV Daisy. :laughing:
IMG_1006.jpg

The main mouse! Also, the cast members were terrific about offering to take pictures with my phone. I did not see a need to buy the Photo Pass because I was so happy with how these turned out.
IMG_1012.jpg

Having fun at the poke and sake demonstration. This is the bowl that I made.
IMG_1022.jpg

We enjoyed learning about Hawaiian culture and cooking from Chef Greg. He was a great host!
IMG_1031.jpg

To be continued…

Day 6 - Resort Day, continued
This was a relaxing evening for us. We made dinner in the room, and then split up for the evening. The guys stayed in the room and read / had electronics time.

My daughter and I headed back downstairs for another visit to the gift shops. We went at least once every day, trying to make decisions on what to buy. She was looking for a sweatshirt, but isn’t into the spirit jersey look. She also wanted to buy a Pandora charm, but I had to tell her no because it was the exact same one that I knew my mom already bought for her upcoming birthday (and she refused to pick a different one). She also wanted to buy a birthday gift for her twin brother. She bought him the other Stitch plush that he kept admiring (the one with the ice cream cone). The cast member carefully wrapped it up in tissue and I was able to sneak it into my suitcase.

After shopping, she and I worked on the photo scavenger hunt. We made it through most of the list, including the bonus questions, but we were stumped by a couple of them. We stopped by the community hall and they gave us a couple of hints, but we decided to call it a night since it was getting dark and it was getting harder to see. And we wanted to get a good night’s rest for our last full day in Hawaii.

Here are a couple of pics from the photo scavenger hunt. Some of the clues were really easy!

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

Day 7 - Our last full day - more surfing and malasadas!
As I worked on our trip planning months earlier, I did not intend for us to spend our last day back at the north shore for a second round of surfing lessons. I wasn’t even sure if they were going to like it. But the kids were adamant that they would want to go again, so I booked it, knowing it could be canceled for a refund if they changed their mind. Boy was I glad that we went with this plan. Our son was so excited to go again and our daughter was feeling well enough and wanted to try it. So that was our plan. But first, we had to stop at Leonard’s for more malasadas. Unfortunately, they were not open when we got there because one of the employees had not shown up to work. Bummer!

Since Leonard’s didn’t pan out, I suggested that we stop by Ted’s Bakery and see if it lived up to the hype. We got there shortly after it opened and there was already a line out the building (but not nearly as long as the line we witnessed a few days earlier). We ordered some glazers, croissants, and a couple slices of pie. It was all very good. Hopefully, we have a chance to return for lunch sometime.

After a quick breakfast, it was off to Turtle Bay Resort for more surfing lessons. Our son was paired with Chris again, per our request, and our daughter was paired up with Seven. We liked both of them very much and they worked well as a team. Our daughter caught on really fast and soon they were riding the same wave. Our son also worked on learning some jumps and tricks. They had a blast!!! This was their favorite activity from the entire trip and they can’t wait to go back. The 90 minutes flew by and before we knew it, our time had ended.

_dsc0003.JPG

Practicing on land before heading out to the water
_dsc0034.JPG

_dsc0057.JPG

dsc00296.JPG

dsc00416.JPG

As we headed back toward Ko Olina, our daughter asked if we could stop by Leonard’s again to see if they were open. She didn’t have to twist our arms. She went with the dobash, and husband and I both had the haipua.

IMG_3840.jpg

To be continued…

Afterwards, the adults headed out for our afternoon activity - the DVC Poke and Sake chef demonstration at Makahiki. This was another highlight of the trip.

We are in the final countdown for our first trip to Aulani and Oahu and I am LOVING your trip report!!!! THANK YOU so much for posting it!!! About the Poke and Sake event, would you mind sharing how you signed up for this? It looks like something my husband and I would love . . . him for the poke and me (not always a big seafood fan) for the sake. :-)

We are in the final countdown for our first trip to Aulani and Oahu and I am LOVING your trip report!!!! THANK YOU so much for posting it!!! About the Poke and Sake event, would you mind sharing how you signed up for this? It looks like something my husband and I would love . . . him for the poke and me (not always a big seafood fan) for the sake. :-)

Thanks for following along :) I'm glad to actually have some readers for my first-ever trip report.

I just checked my notes and it looks like I called one of these numbers to make the poke and sake reservation:
Concierge, (808) 674-6200 or 1-866-443-4763. If I am remembering, one of the numbers didn't work, but I'm not sure which one.

I am normally not a big fan of seafood either, but for some reason, I love the raw tuna. :fish:

I just checked my notes and it looks like I called one of these numbers to make the poke and sake reservation:
Concierge, (808) 674-6200 or 1-866-443-4763. If I am remembering, one of the numbers didn't work, but I'm not sure which one.

Thanks so much! I'll give them a call.

And I'll be on the lookout for the rest of your trip report . . . Even though I know writing that "departure day" one has to be a bummer!

I’m feeling pretty sad as I wrap up the end of this trip report. Not just because our wonderful trip is coming to an end, but more so due to the devastating fire in Maui. Seeing the photos and video on tv is truly heartbreaking. It’s hard to believe that it’s real. I feel for the residents who lost homes, jobs, treasured belongings, and worse, loss of family. And I feel badly for the vacationers who saved and planned, just as we did, never expecting something like this could happen. I don’t know what their recovery and re-building will look like, but I hope that tourism can play a part in helping.

So with that, here are some pictures from our last afternoon and evening.

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

It was nice to take some pics with characters we don't normally get to see at WDW. But with that being said, there were still some that we missed. I think Shellie May was there on our arrival day, but we never saw Duffy's other friends, except for 'Olu Mel. Also, the meet and greets were mostly during the day (while we were out touring). I would have like more evening options.

IMG_1129.jpg

I am wearing my new Aulani Stitch baseball cap.
IMG_1140.jpg

We also finished up the Photo Scavenger hunt. I'm not saying which clue this photo went with, but it took us a bit to figure it out. When we were done, we took it back to the community hall and turned it in. I don't recall what the prize was, but it wasn't much. However, the cast member told us that we could take it to the DVC Villa where they do tours and collect another prize. That one was definitely worth it!!! They were limited to one per family, and my daughter claimed it.

Also, regarding DVC gifts... we received the small Aulani print in our room. I visited the DVC desk on our first day and received a sling bag and buttons, but did not receive the coasters that I heard others get. I didn't necessarily need them, but would have liked them. And they also gave me the Hawaiian language "word of the day" challenge. Our daughter was really into this and went down to the desk for five straight days to learn a new word. I have to say, she was not impressed with the prize for this. :rotfl2: I mean, it's free stuff, but she was definitely expecting more for her five days of "work."

IMG_1142.jpg

On our way to dinner, we stopped by Stitch and our daughter donated her floral crown.

IMG_1151.jpg

Before dinner, I took her to the Painted Sky: HI Style Studio to have her hair styled. This was a total impulse decision, LOL. During the week, she had discovered a couple of activities that I had NOT booked for us, assuming she was now too old. This included the character breakfast, the make-your-own Mickey Ears, and the Ohana Painting Party. By the time I realized she wanted to do these, they were all at capacity, so I booked the hairstyle on a whim. She loved it!
IMG_1161.jpg

Enjoying Mai Tais at Longhi's (again). Dinner was great!
IMG_1169 (1).jpg

One last sunset.
IMG_1177.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter