Aulani Transient Tax

Yes it is annoying I agree but it is any hotel so where else can you stay a week at deluxe accommodations for under $300?
I'm guessing only Hyatt as I believe if staying on points there you don't have to pay the tax.
Why not at the Hyatt?

$665.63 for a week in an OV GV when we go in August. Ouch!
Well at least you did your homework, calculated it in advance so it’s not a surprise, so you can incorporate it into your budget.

But, as discussed, that’s the way it is in Hawaii. It’s like going to WDW and being upset over ticket prices.

Well at least you did your homework, calculated it in advance so it’s not a surprise, so you can incorporate it into your budget.

But, as discussed, that’s the way it is in Hawaii. It’s like going to WDW and being upset over ticket prices.

Not upset at all. Cost of going to paradise.

Hawaii has the highest tourist tax rate of any State. Tourism is their main economy. Hawaii has always been an extremely expensive place to visit. It stinks but what are you gonna do?
Not always, we stayed in a beautiful 2-bedroom condo near Kona on the Big Island back in 2009 for 9 nights and 2011 for 8 nights. Total cost for flights from Madison, WI; rental car; & condo through Orbitz were $2205 for our 2009 trip and $2472 for our 2011 trip. And, to top it off the rental car a company only had convertibles available in 2205 so we got one for no extra charge.

Compared to what a GV costs per night—that is nothing.
We've got a 10 night reservation in June. Yes, that adds up!!!!

Fortunately a GV holds a lot of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter