Aulani Restaurant Question

amym2

DIS Veteran
I've asked this before but have never gotten an answer, and it seems like there are currently lots of posters who have recently been to Aulani. Does anyone know if kids over 9 are allowed to order from the Keiki menu at Ama Ama or Makahiki? DS is 11 and sometimes eats from kids menus and sometimes from adult menus at restaurants. I realize he'll be adult price for buffets.

The answer is yes, at least unofficially. At one meal last year when our daughter was at Aunty's, my wife and I had lunch at 'Ama 'Ama. She wasn't especially hungry, and one of the items on the kid's menu was calling to her. So we asked our server who was happy to let her order off the kid's menu, no muss and no fuss.

Sounds like it will work out for your family based on the replies. We have not eaten at those restaurants so no firsthand experience from me. Have a wonderful time!

Yes, my 12-year-old ordered off the kids' menu twice at 'Ama 'Ama. We never mentioned her age and the server never asked. Of course, at the breakfast buffet at Makahiki you pay by age, so we paid the adult price. (Even though it never ceases to amaze me that Disney considers a 10-year-old an adult!!!)

Thanks for your replies, everyone! Good to know that it should be an option. I figured that was probably the case, since Disney typically allows older kids to order from the kids menus at other locations, but I wasn't sure if they were more strict at Aulani. The kids meals look decent at Ama Ama and Makahiki, so he should be able to find something.

Now to decide whether to shell out the big bucks for the breakfast buffet at Makahiki or go over the the JW Marriott where DS would still be a kids price. We did that buffet on a no-kids trip years ago and enjoyed it. But then Makahiki is Disney with that Disney feel (although our kids don't care much about characters).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter