• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani- poolside vs. island view if only 1 point more/night?

ldo

DIS Veteran
Aulani- poolside vs. island view if only 1 point difference. I know "experts" say poolside is really not a good usage of points, but for my time, it's only 1 point a night more. I'm inclined to just keep island view and request high floor. Couple, no kids. 3 nights studio. thanks, Elaine

I'm the opposite, I don't want the poolside view. We are going to Aulani for the first time in December, and we are booking island garden view. If island garden view isn't available, I would rather splurge and get ocean view.

If you want a more peaceful and quiet view/experience, stick with island view. One of my favorite things about Aulani though is hearing the evening entertainment while we hang out in our villa with the sliders to the lanai open. I would have serious FOMO with island view as we also love being able to hear the happy noises from the pools, slides, and lazy river and see how long the lines are before heading down. For those reasons we only book ocean or garden pool for our trips. Many people are happy with island view though as they are able to watch the luau from their lanai - definitely a personal preference thing. 😎

Totally personal preference. I love the spirit of joy that seems to abound at Aulani and that is the feeling I get with pool view so I would absolutely get that view for 1additional point.

Pool side is usually noisier but you get to look at the pool. Island side is quiet but you can also be facing the convention center's roof on lower floors. This time we were facing the lawn, and they had hula dances in the afternoon which was lovely.

If you want a more peaceful and quiet view/experience, stick with island view. One of my favorite things about Aulani though is hearing the evening entertainment while we hang out in our villa with the sliders to the lanai open. I would have serious FOMO with island view as we also love being able to hear the happy noises from the pools, slides, and lazy river and see how long the lines are before heading down. For those reasons we only book ocean or garden pool for our trips. Many people are happy with island view though as they are able to watch the luau from their lanai - definitely a personal preference thing. 😎
I agree. I don't care about views when I stay at WDW/DL since I'm not in the resort room often. Aulani is different. I've done Island View (not facing the Luau side) and Ocean View on the poolside. The Island View was ok, but the Ocean/Poolside View was amazing. As an East Coaster, I am up early and back in the room earlier than I would on WDW/DL vacations. I end up spending more time on the room patio. The poolside is peaceful in the morning, and evening entertainment is lovely at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter