• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani photopass and refillable mug.

blondietink

DIS Veteran
How much is the photopass at Aulani and can you order it before you get there? We might not ever get bak to Hawaii, and think this would be a good way to get picture with all of us in them. Usually DH is the one with the camera.

Also, what drinks can you get in the refillable mug? DS hates soft drinks. Is there lemonade or other juices for it? Is the cost per day or length of stay?

You can get the Photo Pass at a better deal once at the resort. The on-line photo pass was more expensive than at the resort, and they could not refund our deal with an explanation that they were not the same group as the on-line group.

We were disappointed in how few photographers there were also, and the few that were around concentrated on the children. It was not easy getting their attention since we were without little ones or were not in line for a character picture.

So, that was my question, is an Aulani photopass worth it? We'll be there 12 days, but I'm not sure how much of that will be at the resort in photopass type areas.

We have plans to go out and do things while there. I think I'll wait and see what kinds of photos we end up with.

We didn't pay anything for our Aulani photo pass. The photographer just handed us a new one when we walked up for pictures with Minnie. :) We didn't use the photo pass again during our stay though, and I don't plan to order from the few pics that were taken.

I'm trying to recall what was on the soda machines at the drink refill stations, besides the typical soft drinks. There was Minute Maid lemonade for sure, and I want to say there was some kind of power ade (not sure) and maybe a raspberry flavored tea (not sure of that one either). You can also get coffee, hot chocolate, and hot tea at the Olelo (sp?) Room.

Have a great time! We loved it there! :)

We were just there in June and found the photo pass a great deal! Since we knew we were going to buy it, we took advantage of the opportunities to take photos. Every time we saw a photographer, we asked if they could take our photos. We ended up with over 250 photos during our week stay and they even loaded an extra 45 or so of the property. It cost us $99.00 for the photo disks (yes two of them!) and with the DVC discount of 10.00 it was even less! A cool feature is that you can view your photo pass pictures every night or afternoon on you in room television. They are pretty good of keeping it up in almost real time! So I say take as many pictures as you want or as soon as you decide you're spending the $99! With every character we took kids solo, dad solo, mom solo, and then all the family! Some were better than others of course:)

As for the mug, DW wanted on so she got it! Kids and I drank ice cold water that is supplied by the pool or just had bottles of water.

Have fun!

We thought it was a great deal for $99. We were only there 3 nights, but had 260 photos. We seemed to run into photographers often. You can ask when someone is scheduled up in the lobby area and there were always a couple of photographers on the beach around sunset time. If you are even remotely thinking of purchasing it, take full advantage of any/all opportunities. You don't have to decide to purchase or not until you see all the pictures. We purchased as we were leaving. It only takes about 5-7 minutes to burn the CD.

Thank you for the information. We will buy the disc for sure, and after 7 days I'm sure we will have more than one disc.

Will probably get one or two refillable mugs. We don't drink coffee but love iced tea/lemonade, etc.

Also, what drinks can you get in the refillable mug? DS hates soft drinks. Is there lemonade or other juices for it? Is the cost per day or length of stay?

I just checked the refill station. It had Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Minute Maid Lemonade, Powerade Mountain Berry Blast, Fanta Orange, Barq's Root Beer, and Sprite. I believe there's also coffee available in the morning but DS hasn't bothered with that. ;) Of course, Target had Coke 12-packs on sale 3 for $9, so we could have bought him 72 cans of soda for less money, but he was dying for a mug and loves refilling it at every opportunity. :love:

I just noticed the other refill station has sweetened raspberry Nestea in place of the Powerade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter