Aulani Multiple reservation question

ShablamE

Mouseketeer
I have three different memberships which I've used to create three different reservations spanning 10 days at Aulani. Contacting Member services this morning to have them merged I was informed that reservations from multiple memberships cannot be merged and that they would add a note to the reservations that this was a continuing stay and the room booking agents would try to accommodate this to not have us change rooms but requests are not guaranteed. This seems a bit absurd to me that because I own multiple contracts I can't have my reservations merged into a single and that I could be requested during my stay to change rooms.

Does anyone know of a good email for Aulani to try and reach out to reinforce that these reservations are all for the same family with a single 10 day stay all booked in the same room type and over a continuous 10 day span so that we don't end up with a room change?

Is that policy actually correct that reservations from different membership numbers cannot be merged even though the owners of those memberships are all listed identically?

You cannot merge reservations made using different memberships even if designated members on the memberships are the same. That has always been the rule. You can have MS link the separate reservations, as MS has now done for yours. They always tell you that does not guarantee that you will be able to stay in the same room, but I have done that over the years about 30 times and have never had to change rooms. To assure not having to change rooms, do check-in at the front desk and inform them you have the successive reservations.

Last edited:
Every time we have stayed at Aulani (6) we have used points from different accounts and individuals. We have never had to move during the stay.

As above, MS has done what they can. When you arrive, check with the front desk to confirm that you’re assigned to the same villa throughout your stay. If not, that’s when they have the best chance to fix it! They’ll want to keep you in the same villa as much as you want to stay there - saves on housekeeping costs.

And it's literally an IT issue: They cannot link reservations across memberships. Like, physically cannot. Interface does not permit for it.

Exactly as everyone above says. As long as all 3 reservations are for the same room type, you should be fine. If one is different, then you will probably have to move. I'm jealous you are spending 10 nights at Aulani!

Like, physically cannot.

Yes, they aren't like my christmas lights in which I can physically plug in one multi colored string, a white string, and a bubbler all together. ❄️☃️🎄

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter