Aulani & Moana

invinciblesummer

Earning My Ears
Okay so the ONLY reason we are even thinking of making the trek out to Aulani from the East Coast is for my niece to meet Moana. We were going to do it this year for her birthday in December but decided to wait it out until her birthday next year (December 2020) since it seems quite expensive and that’ll give us more time to be flexible with what we spend. We’ve decided we don’t necessarily want to do a full week at Aulani mostly because it’s more budget-friendly to split the stay in Honolulu between Aulani and Wakiki Beach. So...what would be the best days of the week to visit? We know Aunty’s Beach House has a whole Moana themed day (right?) and assuming they still have it at the end of 2020 – is that always the same day? What day of the week is that? We’d essentially only be staying so that my niece could meet Moana so it’s of the utmost importance that we visit on a day that she’s actually there 🤣. Any and all insight is greatly appreciated!!

Okay so the ONLY reason we are even thinking of making the trek out to Aulani from the East Coast is for my niece to meet Moana. We were going to do it this year for her birthday in December but decided to wait it out until her birthday next year (December 2020) since it seems quite expensive and that’ll give us more time to be flexible with what we spend. We’ve decided we don’t necessarily want to do a full week at Aulani mostly because it’s more budget-friendly to split the stay in Honolulu between Aulani and Wakiki Beach. So...what would be the best days of the week to visit? We know Aunty’s Beach House has a whole Moana themed day (right?) and assuming they still have it at the end of 2020 – is that always the same day? What day of the week is that? We’d essentially only be staying so that my niece could meet Moana so it’s of the utmost importance that we visit on a day that she’s actually there 🤣. Any and all insight is greatly appreciated!!

[/QU My wife had her picture taken with Moana and then Moana came to the camera and we taped her saying hi to our grand daughter. Not sure what date it was but there was no wait at all. Our grand daughter was thrilled 7B8A54B5-4AAF-46DF-955E-495E10B32EDE.jpeg

they’re advertising auditions for moana at aulani so safe bet moana will be there for a while (probably 2-3 years as they’ll likely want to keep the character active while debating/planning/working on any kind of potential sequel)

schedules aren’t really that predictable that far out, but its a safer bet to target a busier day (probably book sat night so you have a shot at sat and sun)

How old is your niece? There’s a premium kids activity where she visits, but kids activities are only for ages 3-12. The day of the week could always change since it is pretty far out. Currently that premium activity is scheduled on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. You are able to preregister for this activity but there is a cost and I’m not sure how much it is. (We visit in a few weeks for the first time). I personally wouldn’t visit the resort on a weekend if I was only visiting one day. I’ve read it’s much busier on weekend days compared to weekdays.
Hope this helps you!

Moana is often at the evening fire pit storytelling as well, though she won't interact with guests much at that time. She was out for photo opportunities at least three times during our six day stay, but probably more... I didn't keep my photos of the character schedules. If you stay for two or three nights (three or four days) she very likely will be on the character meet schedule, regardless of which three or four days those are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter