• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Luau is back!!

Hooray on the opening and boo on the price increase

General seating is priced at $160 per person for adults and $94 for children. Infants to 2 years old are free. Preferred seating is $189 per adult and $114 for children. Original pricing for the KA WA’A Luau at Disney’s Aulani Resort prior to its closure was set at $179 for preferred and $139 for general and originally set to increase in April of 2020 to $184 and $144 respectively.

Yeah and a price increase. Time to sacrifice your first born and take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for it.

After looking online Yelp, etc it looks like the top three are

Fia Fia
Paradise
Aulani

I think it is best just to stick with Disney (duh and pay the price)

What is included in Preferred seats?

I would book an Island View room and request a view of the Halawai Lawn/Luau. That is our typical room catagory/view. We book it for the kids, but I have seen the show so many times now I can still hear it in my head. 🤪 Anyway, point being you may be able to see the show (multiple) times during your stay for no cost while enjoying a nice bottle of wine (or cocktails) on your balcony. And check out Paradise Cove Luau next door instead!

After looking online Yelp, etc it looks like the top three are

Fia Fia
Paradise
Aulani

I think it is best just to stick with Disney (duh and pay the price)

What is included in Preferred seats?

You sit closer to the stage, get let in earlier then general admission(which is great when they have the activities), and all alcohol. Oh, a "nicer" lei.

I'm so glad to hear this. I had the nicest conversation with a woman when I called to cancel our luau last year. She seemed to be a truly nice person but I could hear the worry in her voice about what was happening. I hope she's still there.

I'm looking to book the Aulani Luau. On the booking page, I need to choose a date and then a Web time. I have no idea what a Web time is. Choices are 5:00 or 5:30. Can anybody help me out with this? TIA.

Looking at the description, it appears that alcoholic beverages are included for everyone, including general admission:

"For General Seating, a Hawaiian lei and all beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are included."

Has this always been the case? With priority seating, the only additional benefit seem to be early check-in, a complementary welcome photo and priority seating.

Looking at the description, it appears that alcoholic beverages are included for everyone, including general admission:

"For General Seating, a Hawaiian lei and all beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are included."

Has this always been the case? With priority seating, the only additional benefit seem to be early check-in, a complementary welcome photo and priority seating.

Everyone gets the one welcome drink. The higher prices gets all of their alcohol for free, get in earlier(which is nice when they have activities), and seating is first come, first served so those in general seating would line up over an hour ahead of time to get a better seat. No need to do that for priority.

I second the Ewa Tower with a lawn view. You can just watch it from your balcony...

I remember the "good ole days" of having the Starlit Hui for free...

Everyone gets the one welcome drink. The higher prices gets all of their alcohol for free, get in earlier(which is nice when they have activities), and seating is first come, first served so those in general seating would line up over an hour ahead of time to get a better seat. No need to do that for priority.
Thank you, that makes more sense.

Thank you. What is a "Web Time"?
I saw that, too. Honestly, I think it is an error in the web design. It is probably supposed to pre-populate with either 5pm or 5:30pm, based on the date you select for your booking (5:00pm for dates before June 1, and 5:30pm for those afterwards). I think you can complete the booking without making a selection. Since my date was before June 1, I just selected 5pm.

We are planning to do the luau when we're there in early June. I'm wondering if there will be some flexibility with the food. I understand why it needs to be a plated meal now, but what happens if you don't care for several of the items? My husband isn't much for seafood and would probably prefer some the kids options. And I will have an 11 year old that we'll pay for as a Disney adult, but he definitely won't care for the adult options. I'm hoping they would be able to bring more of some items or bring a child plate to an adult.

We are planning to do the luau when we're there in early June. I'm wondering if there will be some flexibility with the food. I understand why it needs to be a plated meal now, but what happens if you don't care for several of the items? My husband isn't much for seafood and would probably prefer some the kids options. And I will have an 11 year old that we'll pay for as a Disney adult, but he definitely won't care for the adult options. I'm hoping they would be able to bring more of some items or bring a child plate to an adult.
Definitely interested in this as well. Due to food sensitivities in our fare, the standard fare, especially seafood, can be problematic... and I was wondering about the availability of kid friendly options for grown ups...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter