Aulani in September

Robvilla123

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, I’m thinking of cancelling my 250 points vacation at Walt Disney world In March for a 134 point vacation in aulani in September. Any toughs? Weather, crowds, events, pools, other stuff to do in aulani. Studio vs 1 bedroom? I have 200 points to use max. 7 days or 8 days? Thanks everyone.

If you have the points for it, I always recommend a 1 BR over a studio at Aulani. The food is very expensive and fairly limited, so it's really preferable to have a full kitchen, IMO. Also, the longer the stay the better, as it's a long trip to get there, assuming you're traveling from the mainland. We never do less than 10 days in Hawaii (usually a few days on another island) because of the travel required to get to and from.

It is less busy in September your points will go further. Although it seems weekends are always busy. There is lots to do, many things are at an extra charge, but there are lots that are included. Go to the aulani website and look under - all activities. You can easily not leave and have a lovely relaxing time. But if you prefer to get out and look around there is a car rental company right at Aulani.

We spent two and a half weeks in Hawaii in September 2016 and it was great! Its considered the tail end of summer, but still a slower time of year with all schools newly back in session. We didn't find it particularly busy anywhere we went and the weather was beautiful. It was mid 80s and sunny each day, and we experienced no rain the whole 16 days we were there. We did note that Maui was particularly windy and Kauai was very humid, but we thought Oahu weather was perfect.

How many people in your travel party? It was just DH and I and we stayed in a studio. We thought it was tight just for two people with limited storage, so if you have anymore than that, I would book a 1BR. Its also nice to have laundry facilities in room so you can pack less - we used the communal washer and dryer (laundry tokens were free for those staying on points in a studio), but there were waits and a few machines were out of order. Its also nice having a full kitchen for anymore than 2 to help with your food budget. Its very recommended to rent a car while at Aulani, so many of us make grocery stops (even just for drinks and snacks, we don't cook) so having room to store these things is nice.

If you can swing 8 days, that's what I would do. As PPs mention, it will take a good day or two to adjust to the time change. I'd also recommend a good mix of onsite resort days and offsite island touring days, so having ample time to dedicate to each will make it worthwhile. As PP mentions, weekends are busy at the resort with local visitors, so we liked planning offsite touring days over Saturday and Sunday to avoid this. Traffic is also easier on the weekends when driving around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter