Aulani - how much time?

AKMOUSE

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked for 4 days at Aulani. However, we are wondering if that is too much?
We have been to Hawaii before and we are going for a week, so we would not be doing any tourist stuff on our Aulani days - just enjoying the resort while we are there.
So - if we spent 2 days there, would that suffice? Would we be able to enjoy it? Or should we keep the 4 days?

Would love to hear your recommendations. :surfweb:

4 days is a great length of time, that gives you time to enjoy the resort... maybe do some of the scheduled activities like Uncle's story telling, Starlit Hui, visit the spa and just relax!

I would think 2 days would be too little...

DH and I have both been to Hawaii many times - he also lived on Oahu for a short period. We stayed at Aulani for 7 nights in Dec and both of us considered it too short. :lmao: We really only did things away from the resort a couple of days - one was Pearl Harbor and the other day was going to watch some of the surfing competition, drive around the north shore and it ended with a visit with some of DH's friends on the other side of the island. For us, who have seen a majority of the sights around the various islands, Aulani was a great place to just have a relaxing vacation.

I don't think 4 nights would be too much at Aulani. We haven't been yet (going in August) but booked a full week there even tho we have also been to Hawaii before and have never spent more than 3 or 4 nights on Oahu. I think 3-4 nights in Waikiki is enough but Aulani sounds like a "real" resort and we're looking forward to spending a couple of days doing nothing but enjoying the resort. I really think this trip will have a much different feel to it than when we stay in Waikiki. We're moving on to Maui then for 3 nights after Aulani as we feel a week is too short for what it takes to get there from the east coast.

Been to Hawaii many times. Stayed at Aulani for a week and the only time I left the resort was to go to the grocery store and to walk to Roy's across the street for dinner.

Just got back..! For my husband, he wants to do other sight seeing and wanted to go to Waikiki after 5 days of being in Aulani.. I think 4 days is too short.. We were there for 6 nights and it was just perfect. I could have used one more night to go do stuff..

Its an amazing resort!!! So much to do and i suggest alternate things to do.. We did pool stuff one day; beach the next day; back to pool stuff. the kids were in Aunties beach house each day after 4 pm till close. We ordered food for them there for dinner.. (costs about $8 per kid..) its not bad.. they didnt wanna leave. Yes go for your 4 days and dont split.. there's too much to do and you'll regret that you didnt have much time to enjoy anything else.

I probably wont do more than 7 days there... but that time you would want to do other things outside the resort. its also expensive to eat there.. so make sure you hit Costco and Target and try out local places to eat. We did and saved a ton.. Instead i used my cash to buy shave ice; quick snacks and one character breakfast reservation... eat breakfast in your room most days.. to save money and then you'll have more time to hit the water activities..

Enjoy!

We are currently booked for 4 days at Aulani. However, we are wondering if that is too much?
We have been to Hawaii before and we are going for a week, so we would not be doing any tourist stuff on our Aulani days - just enjoying the resort while we are there.
So - if we spent 2 days there, would that suffice? Would we be able to enjoy it? Or should we keep the 4 days?

Would love to hear your recommendations. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter