Aulani DVC card checking - started June 1st

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
It appears DVC management decided to start DVC blue card checks effective for all member perks at Aulani effective 6/1/19. This included discounts for merchandise, discount on reef, discounts on food, DVC member celebration, Mixology season and everything else I've missed. Definitely get the feeling white cards are second class citizens. I've had a couple discussions with cast members and they just say "We want to make sure our direct members are getting their great benefits". Just an FYI...

When did they stop checking cards? We've been there a couple of times and they always checked our cards for discounts although it's been a couple of years since our last visit.

They had very very relaxed rules from what cast members said. This is a change from they prior practices (Granted i havent been to Aulani before this stay).

As a potential buyer - Are white cards not supposed to get the merchandise discounts in the shops? I thought the resale perk limitations were more for things like AP discounts.

Interested to see if white card has any benefit at Aulani.

You need the blue card for all Member benefits, including merchandise discounts.

OK, am I the only one......What is a white card???

I am aDVC Blue Card member....never heard of a "white card"

Please help me

Robin "D"

As a potential buyer - Are white cards not supposed to get the merchandise discounts in the shops? I thought the resale perk limitations were more for things like AP discounts.

Interested to see if white card has any benefit at Aulani.
No you need a blue card for discounts.

OK, am I the only one......What is a white card???

I am aDVC Blue Card member....never heard of a "white card"

Please help me

Robin "D"
Those that purchase resale after 4/4/2016 will only have a digital white membership card. The white card is only valid for pool hopping, DVD rentals and access to the TOTWL. No discounts on dining, merchandise, APs, etc. Also no access to member events like Moonlight Magic.

If you have a blue membership card, you either purchased direct from DVC or resale prior to 4/4/2016. Those with a blue membership card are entitled all member perks & benefits.

Here now and yes they are asking to see my card left and right. Fine by me. CMs also mentioned they are being asked to ask to be more diligent about seeing the card. Heard a woman complaining. “What if I was gifted the stay by a member”. I wanted to respond, then you don’t get the perks. Seems pretty straightforward.

Here now and yes they are asking to see my card left and right. Fine by me. CMs also mentioned they are being asked to ask to be more diligent about seeing the card. Heard a woman complaining. “What if I was gifted the stay by a member”. I wanted to respond, then you don’t get the perks. Seems pretty straightforward.

Did you all attend the member celebration this morning at Aulani? I've never attended one of those events but it was pretty enjoyable. I was selected as the team Woody trivia / lip sync /dance off team leader :)

Did you all attend the member celebration this morning at Aulani? I've never attended one of those events but it was pretty enjoyable. I was selected as the team Woody trivia / lip sync /dance off team leader :)

No we didn't go. Haven't done a great job of doing many of the activities. Kids wanted bright and early at the beach, so we were in the water by around 8:45. And we did Pearl Harbor this afternoon, so it was a pretty packed day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter