Aulani Construction update.

ssusca

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone. We're heading to Aulani in two weeks! Does anybody have an update with respect to the construction? Is there any chance that the new pool will be complete by the time we get there? How's the noise? Any other info? TIA

We just got back Sunday :sad1: and they've still got a fair way to go before they're done, but we barely noticed any noise at all. Of course, it might be noisier if you're staying in the end of Waianae Building close to the construction, but really I didn't even notice it when we were in the pool right by there. Mostly what you hear in Waikolohe Valley is the sound of playing children, the afternoon pool party, and live music. Here's a pic with the construction area toward the top center of the picture.

There is a whole thread discussing this very thing but it has fallen back a few pages on this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060967

On the above thread I posted the latest report that I have found in my searching on construction updates. Right now the completion date is the end of September.

The latest report I found was written and posted on the site Disney by Mark... but it was done around the 16th of June, so I keep checking back for a new one.

Hopefully there will be one soon as he usually does one every month, but until that time here is the link to the last one Disney by Mark did just so you don't have to search through the thread above to find it:
http://www.disneybymark.com/2013/06/16/aulani-expansion-update/

I am here now. I would say there is at least 30 and likely 60 days of work left.

The noise is not an issue. The lack of lunges around the pool has been a much bigger annoyance.

Thank you Cinderpamella. I have seen that thread and the Disneybymark blog. I was looking for a much more recent update by somebody that is there now or has just returned. As luck would have it, I got both. Gotta love the Disboards!

Thanks for the info everyone!

We have a Grand Villa for 2 days on points, have to move out to 3 separate rooms on the 3 day on money and back into the grand villa on the 4th day. Am on the wait list but it has not come thru. Sounds crazy but we'll do it and I guess the plus side is we'll have a clean room each time we move. Wondering if it is construction related or just I booked too late. If anyone has sugestions, please let me know.

We were there on Tues and Wed. I would say Sept or later. My opinion is they have a ways to go. The noise didn't bother us much but I will say we heard it more on Wed when they were digging with a large backhoe or crane type of equipment, it was pretty loud. But, not enough for me to feel like it ruined our stay or soured our good time. Yes, the lack of loungers is still a very big issue as it was on our visit last July also.

Lovvvved our stay, this time in a studio (last year in a one bedroom) and cried when we had to leave. It truly feels like home at Aulani!!

If anyone has any questions, please ask here or PM me. I am happy to help!

Yes, the lack of loungers is still a very big issue as it was on our visit last July also.

We walked through the parking garage to get to the JW Marriott, and all along one wall of the bottom level of the garage were a bunch of new lounge chairs still wrapped in bubble wrap. I bet a lot of people will be happy when the construction is done and those new chairs are deployed in that area! :woohoo:

Yes, it will be nice to get new loungers set up. I still feel like they install some cubbies or lockers for guests to just put their stuff down. We are in the pool, out to the lagoon, back in the lazy river, down the slides--never really laying on a lounger, we just need a dropping point. We heard another family there also suggest the same thing as they were talking out loud to each other.

Someone here wondered before how the loungers in front of Ama Ama would be. I think they are ok but what I noticed is there are no umbrellas in that area. If you are fine with no shade at all, then they can be an option.

Yes, it will be nice to get new loungers set up. I still feel like they install some cubbies or lockers for guests to just put their stuff down. We are in the pool, out to the lagoon, back in the lazy river, down the slides--never really laying on a lounger, we just need a dropping point. We heard another family there also suggest the same thing as they were talking out loud to each other.

I was saying the same thing about the cubbies to my hubby while we were there! So many chairs with no people in them. Dis minds think alike!

Someone here wondered before how the loungers in front of Ama Ama would be. I think they are ok but what I noticed is there are no umbrellas in that area. If you are fine with no shade at all, then they can be an option.

We tried sitting in that area and it was soooo hot! My sister and I tried sunbathing there and just roasted. It was much more comfortable sunning by the pool. Even without an umbrella, the air circulation is better there or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter