• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Car Rental

TheJLiz

Earning My Ears
Just wondering what kind of prices people are getting for car rentals in Oahu. We have a vacation booked for January at Aulani and our 8 day car rental is about $900 for a luxury suv.

We were just there last week, and we got a full size SUV (Ford Explorer) for $750 for 11 days. This was through National with my corporate rate.

About 2 weeks ago I booked a car for 8 days in mid-February. A "Nissan Maxima or similar premium" for a total of $567 from Enterprise through USAA. For some reason the same car is now showing over $1,500 to book.

I reserved our car months ago (think like January or so) and got a midsize for $750 for our trip for the last two weeks of October (we’re at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club where we own). Now it’s almost $2,000 for the same timeframe. Glad I booked it early.

We were just there last week, and we got a full size SUV (Ford Explorer) for $750 for 11 days. This was through National with my corporate rate.
How was the pick up process with National? We are flying with Hawaiian Airlines and I believe they use terminal two for their arrival flights. Our reservation is also with National.

$900 for a luxury SUV isn't bad. It's really tough to find a large vehicle under $100/day.

How was the pick up process with National? We are flying with Hawaiian Airlines and I believe they use terminal two for their arrival flights. Our reservation is also with National.
So, the pick up process, once we GOT to National, was great. The issue is that there is a lot of construction at the airport right now, and the "normal" directions from National are to take the terminal elevator to the 3rd floor and then cross over to the parking garage. This is not currently possible. You have to go down to level 1, cross over to the parking garage in this really convoluted route with very temporary signs, and THEN take the elevators IN THE PARKING GARAGE up to the National level. Hopefully, these instructions help you avoid getting frustrated and really hot (!) while dragging luggage around. Lol.

We are looking for 8 days in mid-December and the best I have found is $1100 on Costco (for the smallest car possible). I booked it, but hoping rates improve.

We are hoping for march 2022. I booked a 4 door jeep with costco for 550. Even the compacts were more money. I havent evem booked flight or room yet. But with the frenzy i thought better get the car at least.

just booked yesterday. prices keep going up. I am going 12-26 for 2 weeks.
staying with a friend 1st week, so we can use her car
i booked for one week for $836.(costco)
Best part is i booked at aulani alamo which was Cheaper than the airport.
So I will drop car off at aulani when we arrive. Then we wont need a car. We will do our touring before.
Kerri

just booked yesterday. prices keep going up. I am going 12-26 for 2 weeks.
staying with a friend 1st week, so we can use her car
i booked for one week for $836.(costco)
Best part is i booked at aulani alamo which was Cheaper than the airport.
So I will drop car off at aulani when we arrive. Then we wont need a car. We will do our touring before.
Kerri
Did you book through the Aulani website? I keep trying different dates and getting the error message "No rate could be found for the given information." Not quite sure what I'm missing.

Did you book through the Aulani website? I keep trying different dates and getting the error message "No rate could be found for the given information." Not quite sure what I'm missing.
No. I booked through Costco.
When you search it lets you compare 4 different places.
Aulani was cheaper…. I was shocked!!!
Kerri

If you are trying to rent a car at Aulani, go to the Alamo website. Aulani and Alamo are partners, but you can not book one through the other.

We just booked last night for our upcoming March 2022 trip. 6 days with Avis (hubby has a corporate discount) in a full size sedan for $330 CDN (which is about $300US or a bit less depending on the exchange rate). I'm thrilled with this price. Costco wanted $518US for the same rental.

I booked my rental car for the end of August back in early October on Costco. I’m paying ~$360 for a full size car for a week with Alamo.

We just booked last night for our upcoming March 2022 trip. 6 days with Avis (hubby has a corporate discount) in a full size sedan for $330 CDN (which is about $300US or a bit less depending on the exchange rate). I'm thrilled with this price. Costco wanted $518US for the same rental.
wow,,,love to get that discount....we are going march as well,,,saved the $500Costco deal but ours was for the 4 door jeep,,which was the cheapest,,,cheaper than economy..lol

We are looking for 8 days in mid-December and the best I have found is $1100 on Costco (for the smallest car possible). I booked it, but hoping rates improve.
I think you're doing something wrong. I just ran December 11 to 19 from National and got $411.92 for a midsize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter