• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Cabanas

263a2879

Mouseketeer
Can the Aulani Cabanas be pre-booked? I'm having trouble finding info on them. I would like to reserve one for our April visit.

Can the Aulani Cabanas be pre-booked? I'm having trouble finding info on them. I would like to reserve one for our April visit.

Yes, they can be pre-booked. We booked one for our stay over Thanksgiving and really enjoyed it! You can also specify which area you prefer (by the adult pool, family pool, or the Menehune Bridge area). No guarantees, but it helps if you know you want to be in a certain area. Here's the number to call for more information and to make reservations 808-674-6200.

You should definitely reserve a cabana. We did it for our last day, when we had late flight and no room. Perfect way to spend a day!

Yes, they can be pre-booked. We booked one for our stay over Thanksgiving and really enjoyed it! You can also specify which area you prefer (by the adult pool, family pool, or the Menehune Bridge area). No guarantees, but it helps if you know you want to be in a certain area. Here's the number to call for more information and to make reservations 808-674-6200.

We have a four year old (38") and eight year old (55") and have booked one by the menehune bridge for two days but I am now wondering if we should have made this for the family pool. Does anyone know which would be better if we plan to use the lazy river as well as the slides? Thanks!

We have a four year old (38") and eight year old (55") and have booked one by the menehune bridge for two days but I am now wondering if we should have made this for the family pool. Does anyone know which would be better if we plan to use the lazy river as well as the slides? Thanks!

I think your children will be quite happy near the Menehune Bridge. And it does allow for easy access to the Lazy River and the slides. We had a room that over looked that area and often noticed families at those cabanas seemed to stay there all day long.

I think your children will be quite happy near the Menehune Bridge. And it does allow for easy access to the Lazy River and the slides. We had a room that over looked that area and often noticed families at those cabanas seemed to stay there all day long.

Thank you! Was just worried now that I heard about this new cabana area at the family pool.

The Menehune Bridge area is definitely better for the lazy river access. Here is a link to a map of the resort area:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50376444&postcount=830

The aqua colored body of water near the middle of the map is Rainbow Reef and the Menehune Bridge area is just below it in gray. The cabanas are tucked in the corner. While it's a great choice for you, I will say that it's kinda loud there because there is water splashing/running constantly. It also seemed pretty shady when we were there in November. The other family pool cabanas are next to the restrooms, by the letter P (the bar). They are more removed from the action, but that's a good choice for older kids who want to be closer to the pools. Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

The Menehune Bridge area is definitely better for the lazy river access. Here is a link to a map of the resort area: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50376444&postcount=830 The aqua colored body of water near the middle of the map is Rainbow Reef and the Menehune Bridge area is just below it in gray. The cabanas are tucked in the corner. While it's a great choice for you, I will say that it's kinda loud there because there is water splashing/running constantly. It also seemed pretty shady when we were there in November. The other family pool cabanas are next to the restrooms, by the letter P (the bar). They are more removed from the action, but that's a good choice for older kids who want to be closer to the pools. Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

Very helpful to see where the new family cabanas are located. We don't mind the noise as I am sure our girls will only be adding to it. We have a cabana planned for our first and last full days :)) we will be there march 28 - April 4 and can't wait!

I'm pretty certain your eight year old is too tall for the Menehune Bridge. There is no minimum height requirement, but there is a maximum. Having said that, I'm not sure that it's actually enforced.

As someone else mentioned, it's really loud over by the Bridge. It's not so much the kids as it is the rushing water...it is very loud, and constant. The only way that the cabana by the Bridge is a good choice is if your kids are going to be playing in that area a lot and you want to be able to relax in a chair while they play. Otherwise, I'd choose over by the family pool so that I didn't have to listen to the rushing water all day long.

IMO, there are no long walks at Aulani...it's laid out really well, and everything is close by. There's no real difference between the walk from the two sets of cabanas. The walk from the bridge cabanas might take you 1 minute, and it might take you 2 minutes from the family pool.

I'm pretty certain your eight year old is too tall for the Menehune Bridge. There is no minimum height requirement, but there is a maximum. Having said that, I'm not sure that it's actually enforced. As someone else mentioned, it's really loud over by the Bridge. It's not so much the kids as it is the rushing water...it is very loud, and constant. The only way that the cabana by the Bridge is a good choice is if your kids are going to be playing in that area a lot and you want to be able to relax in a chair while they play. Otherwise, I'd choose over by the family pool so that I didn't have to listen to the rushing water all day long. IMO, there are no long walks at Aulani...it's laid out really well, and everything is close by. There's no real difference between the walk from the two sets of cabanas. The walk from the bridge cabanas might take you 1 minute, and it might take you 2 minutes from the family pool.

So we have decided to do one day at the menehune bridge and one day by the family pool. Compromise for both kids..... I hope

You should definitely reserve a cabana. We did it for our last day, when we had late flight and no room. Perfect way to spend a day!

This is a great idea. Can't seem to find pricing.....any idea what the cabanas run for the day?

I'm pretty certain your eight year old is too tall for the Menehune Bridge. There is no minimum height requirement, but there is a maximum. Having said that, I'm not sure that it's actually enforced.

I'm curious about this as well since we will be visiting next month and DD is just a wee bit taller than the stated maximum. Is there a cast member measuring kids or do they only pay attention if there's an issue? I understand they probably don't want bigger kids running over the smaller ones. Thanks!

I'm curious about this as well since we will be visiting next month and DD is just a wee bit taller than the stated maximum. Is there a cast member measuring kids or do they only pay attention if there's an issue? I understand they probably don't want bigger kids running over the smaller ones. Thanks!

There aren't any CM's measuring kids. I agree with what you said exactly -- they don't want big kids running over little kids, and the CM's probably don't bother unless there's an issue. The height limit is probably an easy way for the CM's to "kick out" big kids if they aren't acting appropriately for the area. I will say, however, that I have seen the CM's kick the adults off of the structure. You can stand below in the water and watch your kids running and playing, but they do not want you up on the bridge structure itself.

Have fun!

Wow! Almost cheaper to get the hotel room for a whole extra day!

Any idea on amenities in the cabanas?

:rotfl: You're right!! :lmao: When we were hoping to go last year we WERE going to try to rent one for a couple of days…but then they raised the prices and even with our DVC discount I think that's an absurd price for 1 day. 10% off isn't all THAT much. We're going to Maui after Aulani and the price for one at the Sheraton Ka'anapali for the day is only $75 so I think we'll just wait and get one over there for our last day.:thumbsup2

(PS) as far as the ammenities in the Aulani cabanas I've read that they have a ceiling fan, small flat screen TV and like a fruit plate or something. Not sure about bottled water…probably a few.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter