• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani availability, help I'm a noob!

crystalk

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We have home DVC resort at the Poly but for our 25th anniversary and our in-laws 50th next this coming year we would like to celebrate at Aulani in mid February 2021. I am concerned that when our booking window becomes available in July there won't be any availability.

Can anyone help me that has experience with Aulani? Does it book up 11 months out or is there plenty of availability at that time of year? Are waitlists for non-peak times often filled at Aulani? Specifically Feb 13 or 14 to the 20th? Should we see about moving the vacay by a week? We were hoping to avoid taking our teen out of a week of school and my husband can't do holidays that start or end midweek, they have to start Saturday and end the following Sunday.

I am aware of renting points or swapping but we haven't ever done so and are a little nervous how that would work.

Thanks for any insight you can give. remember I am a noob and its actually my in-laws contract that I'm helping them with so you may have to explain like you're explaining to a child, LOL :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We were able to book a two bedroom OV for February 2017. We did it at 7 months, and there were other villas to choose from.

We’re hoping for March 2021, and again, we’ll be trying at 7 months.

pixiedust: For both of us!

PS. We have booked twice at 7 months for September. Once a GV and once a two bedroom.

You will be fine so long as you can pay for oceanview. Do not expect Standard.

Agreed that you should be able to get a room. The more expensive options like pool view and ocean view are what you should plan on as the cheaper point rooms book up first.

Actually, you could have problems at 7 months out even potentially for Ocean View for the time you want because it is Presidents' week; much better chances the week before or the week after.

Happy Anniversary to you & your in laws! We will be celebrating our 25th at Aulani as well in January :yay: We decided to do a point transfer from DVC Store - we watched the site and found a listing for Aulani points to cover our week. The transaction was super easy and I felt really good about it all. The points were in our account in less than hour and I was able to call Member Services and make my reservation that day. I liked the idea of the transfer over renting just in case we need to make changes.

Hi,
We have home DVC resort at the Poly but for our 25th anniversary and our in-laws 50th next this coming year we would like to celebrate at Aulani in mid February 2021. I am concerned that when our booking window becomes available in July there won't be any availability.

Can anyone help me that has experience with Aulani? Does it book up 11 months out or is there plenty of availability at that time of year? Are waitlists for non-peak times often filled at Aulani? Specifically Feb 13 or 14 to the 20th? Should we see about moving the vacay by a week? We were hoping to avoid taking our teen out of a week of school and my husband can't do holidays that start or end midweek, they have to start Saturday and end the following Sunday.

I am aware of renting points or swapping but we haven't ever done so and are a little nervous how that would work.

Thanks for any insight you can give. remember I am a noob and its actually my in-laws contract that I'm helping them with so you may have to explain like you're explaining to a child, LOL :rolleyes:

You should be okay, but need to have a huge amount of points to book at the 7 months mark for the Oceanview units, else transferring in Aulani points may be your best option.

Take a look at this post, it should give you a better idea: https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...ptember-2019-2-bd-added.3689931/post-59393051

Good Luck getting the booking you need / want.

Great3

The way I see it, we live on the East coast of the USA. If we ever go to Aulani it will most likely be an ocean view. Probably going to go just once so gonna get the best view and never regret it. Good luck with your trip. Congratulations to them on 50 years.

Last edited:
The way I see it, we live on the East coast of the USA. If we ever go to Aulani it will most likely be an ocean view. Probably going to go just once so gonna get the beat and never regret it. Good luck with your trip. Congratulations to them on 50 years.
We live in NJ, and thought it would be a one time trip to Aulani. We’re hoping for #4 next March ! Have to wait until August to see if we’ll be lucky. Yes, we book OV, but once, it was not a great view. Next time if we got something like that we would ask to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter