• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani at 7 month in October- what are our chances if not home resort (NOT this year but 2024)

mom2missmous

Mouseketeer
Hello all!
I apologize in advance the long thread!
We have been doing some checking around on availability boards to to see what our chances are of booking a studio stay for a week at Aulani end October 2024 . We are flexible on dates and views as long as it is after the 19th of the month.
I know none of us has a crystal ball, but trying to see how likely it is that we can get a reservation during this time period (could even be very beginning of November if needed . ) I had been told by a few people we have a pretty good chance , but when I look online at present(just to see how booked it is already by this point in the month this year , the 10-11 of October seems be booked (yes, realize that 11th marks the 11 month window today , but it is JUST the 11th or just 10 and 11, not an entire spread of days.) I was advised that around Columbus day could be difficult, but that would be on a Monday,so just mid- week that week is perplexing. Is this usual for this(these) particular days to be booked solid across all types of studio views? Is this a possible indication that the rest of the month will also booked solid as the days open up or is there something special going on on/around that date?

I know no matter what ,nothing would be a "given" since it is not our home resort and I can't even book until NEXT March anyway, but this is for some special people to celebrate a very a important life event and although they will totally understand it is not a "sure thing", I don't want to get their hopes up if our chances are slim of booking this for them. We will, of course, have a backup plan of booking our home resort at WDW at 11 months ! Thanks in advance for any help/insight you seasoned Aulani travelers /owners can offer us!

Just wanted to add-- the nights of Oct 11 and 12 for 2023 being sold out with other nights available are most likely because the first Disney cruise from Hawaii to Australia departs from Honolulu on Oct 13.
We are on the Vancouver to Honolulu cruise. We arrive at Aulani on 10/13 and standard
studios were not available. We booked garden studio today For 4 nights.

We always go President's week in Feb and we've always gotten a studio at 7 months (even standard view once). This is a week where Aulani is either at or very close to capacity. I would think Oct would be much easier to score at 7 months.

Just wanted to add-- the nights of Oct 11 and 12 for 2023 being sold out with other nights available are most likely because the first Disney cruise from Hawaii to Australia departs from Honolulu on Oct 13.
Thank you, that makes sense that as to why those specific days are booked lol!

Hello all!
I apologize in advance the long thread!
We have been doing some checking around on availability boards to to see what our chances are of booking a studio stay for a week at Aulani end October 2024 . We are flexible on dates and views as long as it is after the 19th of the month.
I know none of us has a crystal ball, but trying to see how likely it is that we can get a reservation during this time period (could even be very beginning of November if needed . ) I had been told by a few people we have a pretty good chance , but when I look online at present(just to see how booked it is already by this point in the month this year , the 10-11 of October seems be booked (yes, realize that 11th marks the 11 month window today , but it is JUST the 11th or just 10 and 11, not an entire spread of days.) I was advised that around Columbus day could be difficult, but that would be on a Monday,so just mid- week that week is perplexing. Is this usual for this(these) particular days to be booked solid across all types of studio views? Is this a possible indication that the rest of the month will also booked solid as the days open up or is there something special going on on/around that date?

I know no matter what ,nothing would be a "given" since it is not our home resort and I can't even book until NEXT March anyway, but this is for some special people to celebrate a very a important life event and although they will totally understand it is not a "sure thing", I don't want to get their hopes up if our chances are slim of booking this for them. We will, of course, have a backup plan of booking our home resort at WDW at 11 months ! Thanks in advance for any help/insight you seasoned Aulani travelers /owners can offer us!
The only thing to be careful with is that it may be fall break but since you mentioned end of October, you're in the clear! Also, I do notice that the 1-bedroom and higher rooms are usually available, but probably not the cheaper views. The Studios (which we don't go for) is usually gone. Hope this helps! Aloha!

The only thing to be careful with is that it may be fall break but since you mentioned end of October, you're in the clear! Also, I do notice that the 1-bedroom and higher rooms are usually available, but probably not the cheaper views. The Studios (which we don't go for) is usually gone. Hope this helps! Aloha!
We would unfortunately be going for a studio, since we are pulling quite a few points from our little 210 point beach club contract as it is to make this work. But hopefully at end of October right at 7 months we MAY stand a chance (kids are even willing to switch rooms mid- trip if needed if have to do different views.) When you said that studios are usually gone, did you mean we would not have much of a chance at a studio at the end of October or just not a chance at the cheaper views( which we are fine with!)? Hoping that since we are planning ocean view and it cost more ,maybe some will be left at 7 month but you never know! But thanks for the words of encouragement , it at least gives us some hope !

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter