Aulani 7 Mo Window-April or May Chances?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Trying to work in a trip to Oahu next Spring. We've never been to Hawaii, only have one week to work with at a time due to DH's work schedule which puts our first choice of NCL cruise yet again on the back burner.

Plan is to fly into Vegas on Saturday (for some fun and to break up the long flight since there is no direct service from PIT), then hop on early flight out on Sunday for six nights in Oahu.

We prefer to use Hilton properties. Was considering Hawaiian Village in Waikiki but decided to ask MS as to availability for cash reservations when buying MNSSHP tix this weekend. Didn't realize there wasn't a discount there. Now wondering if there's a good chance attempting to book on points at seven month window might work out.

Any studio is fine for the two of us.

First choice: would be to arrive the Sunday after Easter in April (27th) for five or six nights

Second choice: either of the first two weeks of April or May.

Any thoughts on chances for success for the above dates?

Trying to work in a trip to Oahu next Spring. We've never been to Hawaii, only have one week to work with at a time due to DH's work schedule which puts our first choice of NCL cruise yet again on the back burner.

Plan is to fly into Vegas on Saturday (for some fun and to break up the long flight since there is no direct service from PIT), then hop on early flight out on Sunday for six nights in Oahu.

We prefer to use Hilton properties. Was considering Hawaiian Village in Waikiki but decided to ask MS as to availability for cash reservations when buying MNSSHP tix this weekend. Didn't realize there wasn't a discount there. Now wondering if there's a good chance attempting to book on points at seven month window might work out.

Any studio is fine for the two of us.

First choice: would be to arrive the Sunday after Easter in April (27th) for five or six nights

Second choice: either of the first two weeks of April or May.

Any thoughts on chances for success for the above dates?

I bet you can get the Ocean views since they are more expensive point wise. I just got presidents weekend easily for Island view (with a waitlist on a day) but the Ocean views were all available. I'd still wake up early and reserve when you are eligble. ;)

good to hear, thank you

I'd like to add that you should definitely wake up early and book. I just noticed that president's day weekend on Saturday, all of the studios are now gone so it does tend to book up fast when its busy season. Good luck.

If I can get Christmas, anything is possible. Though, we did have to do cash for 12/30 and 12/31.

I had a very difficult time getting a standard view room for my wife's April birthday last year at seven months. We ended up having to use extra points for an island-view room to get what we wanted. The view was lovely, although as much of the parking lot as of the island. But the extra 20 points on our allotment was tough to swallow. Cost us an extra day at the Grand Californian on this year's trip.

That said, it was a fantastic trip at a gorgeous resort. I've absolutely fallen in love with it, and I really hope Disney keeps it up to the standard they've set. Really amazing. I was wish I'd been able to bring the resort soundtrack home.

If I can get Christmas, anything is possible. Though, we did have to do cash for 12/30 and 12/31.

wow, that was lucky.

encouraging, i'll just make sure to round up enough points for highest studio category/date range then and hope for best.

Easter is in mid April 2014 so definitely book right at 7 mos

Easter is in mid April 2014 so definitely book right at 7 mos

yes, I was hoping either the first week in april or last week but seem to recall when looking at the charts there is a few day's that dip in points that week that may work against me)

The Japanese often vacation during Golden week which in 2014 is April 29 through May 5th. They often add the weekends on either end to stretch it to 10 days. So since many of Aulani's DVC members are Japanese, that could be a factor. I expect the hotel portion will be packed like many of the hotels in Oahu with be.

Good luck!

The Japanese often vacation during Golden week which in 2014 is April 29 through May 5th. They often add the weekends on either end to stretch it to 10 days. So since many of Aulani's DVC members are Japanese, that could be a factor. I expect the hotel portion will be packed like many of the hotels in Oahu with be.

Good luck!

I haven't run across this yet in my planning, thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter