Aulani 1br availability for summer 2014

paqutte25

member since 2001
Looking to use our DVC points to go to Aulani next summer for first time. Resort will be complete by them I understand but wondering how hard will it to get a 1br at the 7 month window (original OKW owners). Any opinions? Thanks

We just got back a few weeks ago and my best advice is to be flexible. I originally tried to get a few dates in early June and finally gave up. I couldn't get enough nights in a row in the same type of room. I ended up being able to book 4 nights for 4th of July week in a 1 bdr standard view. I didn't mind the view and the fireworks were incredible!

You really need to read up on the threads about how to book online. It is really important to be online a few minutes before it starts and only book 1 person in the room. Call back later to add the other people The day I finally got 4 nights in a row, there were several choices to book such as studio ocean view or several 1 bedroom options.

It is a wonderful place! I would love to go back next year.

We are BLT owners who went to Aulani last month. I was booking online the minute it opened. We weren't flexible on date, but we were flexible on room category, which was good, because by the time my 7-month window opened, the only 2BR available was ocean view (which was SPECTACULAR!).

You really need to read up on the threads about how to book online. It is really important to be online a few minutes before it starts and only book 1 person in the room. Call back later to add the other people

I haven't heard this before. I entered all 6 names on our reservation online. Is there some danger of the room disappearing while you do all that typing or something? Glad I didn't hit a snag with that!

It can be done. I watched availability for studios & 1-bedrooms almost daily leading up to our 7-month window for this August. I was also told by a DVC CM at one point to just book 1 person in the room to secure it and then call back to add everyone else so that's what I did. Obviously it is faster to only enter 1 name than several. Then you can be done quicker & get your confirmation. We ultimately decided we'd prefer to get an OV or Poolview studio and I was able to get the OV studio while some of the other views were sketchy on availability. As soon as I was finished I went back & pretended to look again and there were 2 nights not available in the OV studio category for the dates we wanted so I must've snagged the last one with all 7 n. open. I would say this was by 8:10 am that morning. So yes, just be ready before 8:00 eastern and try to be flexible on the type of unit you are willing to book. We weren't so flexible on our dates as we were stopping at VGC first and so we were limited in that we wanted to go from one resort to the next without any lag inbetween.

I haven't messed around with changing my tickers yet but unfortunately our DS had a medical emergency occur last week that is going to prevent him from flying for a few weeks so we had to cancel the entire trip. We were to leave tomorrow.:sad2: So now I will have to go thru the whole pins & needles process again for NEXT summer. :rolleyes1 I just hope I get as lucky as I did for this year.

Sorry to hear about your son Annie. We've been shadowing each other on our plans even booking cabanas that would probably be right next to yours.

DD was just diagnosed with an war infection that we hope will clear up before our flight Wednesday. She's on antibiotics so we have our fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear about your son Annie. We've been shadowing each other on our plans even booking cabanas that would probably be right next to yours.

DD was just diagnosed with an war infection that we hope will clear up before our flight Wednesday. She's on antibiotics so we have our fingers crossed.

Aloha and mahalo - I hope your DD recovers by next week - those antibiotics they give these days usually knock the ear infections pretty fast but I know it's a worry you'd rather not have right now.

Mahalo Annie. She feels better today but still has a teensy fever. I'm hopeful that we will be good for our flights.

Take care of your boy. Aulani will be there for you when you're ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter