August

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Hi everyone,
We go to Disney for a week from dec 5- 12 and are staying off-site at Summerfield Suites LBV. Really looking forward to it.
BUT...........
I am now already planning the next trip which looks like it will be August 23- August 31/ 03. there will be 8 of us. 5 adults and 3 kids. And I have some questions........

1. What is the attendance like that week before labour day at Disney parks, Islands of Adventure and Sea World?

2. Has anyone stayed at The Double Tree Resort Villas _ Maingate Orlando? We found the 3 bedroom for $100US/ nite

3. How hot is it that month?

Thanks

Suzanne

It is Extremely HOT in Aug. we were suppose to go at that time this yr (2002) but ended up changing it to Nov. (the temp were still in high 80's in NOV).if you check the "Orlanda Weather" you can get history temps.
http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=150227&refer=
and this doesn't take humidex factors in.
There also tends to be alot of thunderstorms then too. Dh & I went 10yrs ago ( at that time and it rained & rained....all 5 days we were there).
Crowds are still pretty high, but not as bad as earlier in the summer, everyones last shot at WDW before school starts again.
Hope this helps, even if you go you'll still have a great time...
Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Hi Suzanne,

We were a little hesitant about going in August also but it was either that or nothing for us. We spent 18 days this past August at WDW and I can honestly say that it was a lot better heat-wise than I expected. On most days, there was a short rain in the late afternoon (4 pm to 6 pm) that usually lasted less than 1 hour. There were about 4 days that it rained more than that and about 4 that it didn't rain at all. Rain poncho's were all that was needed to endure the showers and once it was over, we just rolled them up and put them in the backpack.

The temperature was usually around 92, which felt about the same as it did here in Eastern Ontario the first couple of weeks in July when we had the hot spell. The heat really didn't bother us at all since all the attractions are air conditioned as is all the transportation. All of the parks provide a lot of shade, so you are not really in the direct sunlight a whole lot and we usually went back to the resort for a swim/rest in the early afternoon.

I don't know about IOA and SeaWorld, but we found the crowds at WDW to be low. A lot of schools in the southern US start back the first of August. We did Fast Passes for the popular rides and probably never waited more than 10 minutes for any other. In fact, most were walk-on's. We have been to WDW during March Break, Christmas and low attendance time in late January. I would say that the August attendance is a lot closer to the late January than it is to the peak times.

We enjoyed our trip so much that we have decided that we would go again in August without hesitation. Our 5 and 6 yr olds never mentioned being "too hot" once during the whole trip. It was actually hotter in Richmond, VA while we were there visiting friends.

One other thing, around the middle of August, the parks start their "value season" hours which means they usually close at 6 or 7pm. You might want to keep this in mind if you are making Priority Seating for meals.

Go ahead and book an August trip. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised. I know we were :)

Jeff

We were there from Aug 10 to 17 this year. Crowds were manageable and from what we heard when we got back, the temps were higher here in Ontario than they were in Orlando. There was rain almost every afternoon. We would certainly go in August again.

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter