August weather at night? Never been in Summer?

Fall1

DIS Veteran
We've never been to WDW in Summer, but we have an AP this year...so we are debating a quick 3 or 4 night trip in late August.

I'm thinking we could do pool days and park nights. How bad is the heat and humidity at night? I'm not a fan of super hot, but also love the idea of spending the days at the pool at the resort.

Would love some feedback from those that do Summer trips.
Thanks!

We go every August. The nights are much better than the days but they don't cool off the way they do in the northern states (where I am anyway) But just the sun setting of course makes a huge difference

Also be aware that there are almost-daily lightning and thunderstorms that shut the pools down. So you would want to get a start on the pool relatively early to get a few hours in before any threat of storms

It's beautiful at night, IMO. Yeah, it's a bit humid, but the entire southeast United States is like that. At night, no scorching sun, but it's still plenty warm to swim. Doing the parks at night is also nice, but there's no reason to avoid them during the day. Most rides and/or queues are in air conditioning, so just use a bit of common sense and you'll be fine.

It's still very warm and plenty of humidity. If it's say 85 during the day, it might drop to 78 at about 2am.

It's not scorching like the daytime, but it's not "cool". Going to the park at night in August is like going to the park during the day in April

Our last family trip was late Aug. Luckily the crowds were relatively low. But it was still brutally hot. Even in the evening. No escaping it! Just a reminder it's hurricane season and late Aug/Sept is usually the most active time. We had thunderstorms every afternoon, seemed like we just got to the pool and it'd start thundering and they'd have to close. In the future I'd think about going to the pool in the morning and then heading to the parks b/c everyone will leave if it rains and the rain actually feels good when you are so hot. They usually pass in about a half hour so you can go on your merry way!

We went August 20-27th last summer. It was hot and humid and we still loved every minute because heck we’re still in Disney! We drank plenty of water, did breaks mid day for A/C and pools. And we’d go back in a heartbeat in August. Then again I think we’d go back any month of the year!

We went the first week of August 2016 and we must have gotten lucky weather wise. The evenings were overcast, cool and breezy and very little humidity. It was glorious! We did the pools and water parks during the day and parks in the evenings. Only took one shower each day, it was that nice. It did rain one night, but only for an hour or so.

I live here and can tell you to expect overnight lows in the low 80's. Yep, you read that right. It's typical to wake up at 5 am and the temp is already 80 degrees with high humidity. Evening temps do "cool down" but it's not cool. LOL You will be in the sub-tropics during rainy season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter