August Refurbs List

Here is the thing tho, winter is not the slow time at DLR. Halloween and Christmas are in fact the high seasons and have been for a few years now. As OP mentioned, the Monorail closure is partly related to the construction at DD, Haunted Mansion goes down every year for the theme change, and has been happening since I have memory. I always plan for early August specifically because I missed HM one year and never again :rotfl:

It's actually smart of Disney to get all the refurbs needed done in slow summer instead of in the middle of the busiest months of the year. Specially October. RSR breaking down would make crowds horrible in DCA during those months.
I specifically chose my dates so I would see HM before it went down in August. I have a Woods Courtyard view at GCH..no monorail going through that I see but I still have the nice room with the view! This past winter did huge damage in Fantasyland. Toy Story Mania is down because of the systems upgrade which takes time and I think they have been waiting for it for a while. There is no slow season anymore with all the festivals...Lunar New Year Celebrations in January and February. Well the Matterhorn was down during this past April and May during spring and Easter/Passover/school breaks.

I know! I'm trying to be positive but there are so many things down already, what if more rides are down when we are there?

Still happy but the losses keep coming. Fantasmic, monorail, multiple rides....

Knowing so much would be down in August I really don't get why they didn't hold off on shutting down Splash Mountain for a bit.
I totally agree.

Here is the thing tho, winter is not the slow time at DLR. Halloween and Christmas are in fact the high seasons and have been for a few years now. As OP mentioned, the Monorail closure is partly related to the construction at DD, Haunted Mansion goes down every year for the theme change, and has been happening since I have memory. I always plan for early August specifically because I missed HM one year and never again :rotfl:

It's actually smart of Disney to get all the refurbs needed done in slow summer instead of in the middle of the busiest months of the year. Specially October. RSR breaking down would make crowds horrible in DCA during those months.
I know that Halloween and Christmas are high seasons but I am talking about January-February when it is a slower time rather than when people are still off for the summer.

I know that Halloween and Christmas are high seasons but I am talking about January-February when it is a slower time rather than when people are still off for the summer.
They did have a bunch of refurbs during those months too. It's just that a lot of things need maintenance, so they seem to be spreading it out instead of basically closing half the parks early in the year.

As a previous poster said, there is not really a low season anymore with all the festivals and parties going on in the first 4-5 months of the year.

I get it tho, it sucks when something you want tot ride is down. I just don't see how they can keep everything open all the time when they have events going on year round. At least spreading it out a bit like they are doing seems better to me than lots of attractions during a single time (unexpected shut downs like Fantasmic not withstanding of course).

I can’t remember any Disney (Land or World) trips without at least one major ride being closed for refurb. It stinks for one-and-done trips but it’s also just the reality of keeping that many attractions safe and reliable. And also a reality/trade-off of targeting off-peak times…
This year it means no RSR. On the other hand, we can do Matterhorn that was shut down during our last trip AND there’s a whole new ride (MMRR).

Well, we have changed our reservations to make sure we do RSR on the 17th a couple times. HM and the Monorail will be down, but both of those are OK with me. We didn't even ride the MR last time and HM has never been a draw. Fingres crossed nothing else goes down for my dates. 17 - 21. The ones on the 21st that are going down we will be in DCA anyway that day. Here's hoping!

RSR still down on August 25! The refurb started on August 18th...maybe it's a one week refurb!!!

If it's up on the 26th, I can always change my park reservation... I don't leave until the evening on a red-eye.

Sadly, RSR is not to be for my August trip unless things change. :( Oh well - more time to explore other things.

August Refurbs List.

Monorail July 5 to August 31. Reopens September 1.

Toy Story Mania: July 17 to August 17. Reopens August 18.

Mr. Toad: July 24 to August 10. Reopens August 11.

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: August 4 to August 11. Reopens August 12.

Haunted Mansion: August 14th to August 31.

Radiator Springs Racers: August 18 to ???

Dumbo: August 21 - one day. Reopen August 22.

Animation Academy August 21 to ???

Sorcerer’s Workshop August 21 to ???

I will update the list accordingly.
Joe
@joseph821 Where did you see it mentioned that the Animation Academy is going to be closed? I've tried googling it and can't find any info on it. They just refurbished it last summer, what could it possibly need? Any thoughts on how long it'll be closed? We're looking at maybe going the last week of August, but now I'm rethinking it mostly because of this. It's our favourite thing to do, especially that time of year,

@joseph821 Where did you see it mentioned that the Animation Academy is going to be closed? I've tried googling it and can't find any info on it. They just refurbished it last summer, what could it possibly need? Any thoughts on how long it'll be closed? We're looking at maybe going the last week of August, but now I'm rethinking it mostly because of this. It's our favourite thing to do, especially that time of year,
Here is where I found the info:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2023-08-21/#/disney-california-adventure,disneyland/

Go on the calendar and change the dates and youll see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter