August options - rent points or sell existing reservation

TomBella

Earning My Ears
HI,
We are UK based and have a reservations . We used a combination of banked, current and borrowed points and have also rented a few from another member as we had friends coming with us so all in it was a big booking. It is looking unlikely that we will be travelling due to quarantine laws.

Our use year is September so our borrowed 2020 points can go back but MS have said that our banked 2018 and current 2019 points will expire on 31st August 2020. That's 400 points in total. We can still bank the 400 points into RCI but we really still want to go to Disney at some point and were hoping to re-book in September for next August but without those points we won't be able to. So my question is this:

Is it easier to rent points or to sell an existing reservation?

I'm thinking that maybe at the moment the reservation would be more popular as Disney aren't taking new bookings at the moment.

TIA for any suggestions.

Removed specific details of the reservstions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not try both? If someone wants a new reservation just rebook the current stay to the desired date and location. No need to cancel before you get a replacement trip scheduled.

Sell the existing reservation. i doubt there’s a lot of availability at DVC resorts with so many people having points to use by sometime this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter