August No Buy - Let the Fall Savings Begin!

My No Buy's will NOT include Groceries & Gas

**we are a M-Day National Guard Family and I am the FRG Leader so I will have 1 eat out weekend, plus we are going to a marriage retreat towards the end of the month that we pay for our date night**

1 - $13.00 at Subway - had an emergency meeting at work and got off at 6PM instead of 4PM - had 1/2 of the footlong and will have the rest for lunch tomorrow!

2 - NO BUY DAY!! Groceries didn't count (duh Lena)

3 - NO BUY DAY

4 - $20.00 to Wendys

5 - NO BUY DAY

6 - $10 to Pizza Ranch + $5.00 Tip ( Drill) - Found a starbucks GC in my dresser drawer that had 4.00 - added it to my gold card and have almsot $10.00 so treating myself to a Venti Iced Passion Tea Lemonade - Unsweetened (2 WW SP)

7 - $10.00 at Walgreens for on sale school supplies

8 - NO BUY

9 - NO BUY

10 - We were both exausted after work so we spent $20 for the Pizza Hut buffet and then we needed cleaning supplies (but that is part of our grocery budget)

11 - $20 to Wendys to eat during Farmer's Market

12 - $90 on 2 Exchanges - $25 each + shipping

13 - NO BUY

14 - NO BUY

15 - NO BUY

16 - NO BUY

17 - NO BUY

18 - $20 to Wendys for Market

19 - Marriage Retreat Weekend

20 - $300 on shopping, dinner and drinks for Date Night

21 - $12 at McDonalds for Lunch and $11 at Pizza Hut

22 - $11 at Pizza Hut

23 - $7.00 to the Holiday Inn Hotel for misc, $2.00 on Google Play

24 - NO BUY

25 - $20 to Wendys for Market

26 - $15 Subway

27 - $40 in misc spending

28 - $7.00 - newspaper and coffee

29 - NO BUY

30 - NO BUY

Last edited:
I am hoping to skimp through this month and put any extra money into back to school shopping. Really - when the kids go back its still really warm, so they don't need much for clothes, mostly just a new 1st day outfit/clean shirt or two, new sneakers, school supplies and hair cuts. Jeans and such will come later after everything goes on sale for Columbus day! I will anticipate $175-$200 a week in groceries

August
1: $0
2: $25 to send DS#3 on a trip with Rec Summer Camp - Empty house makes it worth every penny!
3: $0
4: $0
5: (($175 in groceries)) other than that $0
6: $50 birthday gift certificate
7: $32 on a Zulilly sale for Oofos for my Princess 1/2 training!!
8:$30 - Night out with the girls to see Bad Moms! So excited!!
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19"
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:
31:

Last edited:

I'm in. I need to keep my groceries and gas under $450 a week (family of six with special GF, DF diets ugh) this way I can hopefully keep in line. Will try for 7 no buys for the month.

An expensive month due to two Birthday parties and back to school supplies. This thread will definitely keep me accountable, Thanks!

1. Groceries $321.25, household $79.62, entertainment $6, Bday party supplies $89.90
2. Parking $17.50 (unexpected trip to hospital, dd7 may have broken arm), groceries $34.65
3. NO BUY DAY #1 YAY!!!!

Last edited:
I'm in. Time to crack down on the summer spending, I have school uniforms to buy.
15 days of no spending, $0 for Starbucks, $0 for eating out.

1. $0 - no buy day #1

I hear you on the Starbucks thing! I am a big fan of the Cool Lime & Berry Hibiscus Refreshers, so I went online and ordered 3 boxes of the instant packs so that I didn't "have" to go out and get one during the day... and lead me to other temptations, i.e. Breakfast sandwiches, cookies for the kids, stops at TJ Maxx on my way by, .... I add frozen fruit or cut limes and its great! I even recycle the Starbucks sups so it looks legit! :rolleyes1Not the real deal, but at the end of the week my piggy bank thanks me!!

Joining in again for August. I did not finish last month strong as my mom was in the hospital but she comes home today

Yesterday was my day off. I hung out with mom and ran some errands. I did buy myself a new cross necklace at the hospital. It looks like the one my dad bought me when he had his heart surgery 15 years ago. The chain broke and the cross got lost. He passed away 7 years ago so it made me smile to find it.

8/1- $21.45 Hospital gift shop, $6.68 lunch with mom, $150.66 Walmart, and $5.10 snack from Chick fil a

In again and ready to go. I am hoping for 22 no spend days this month. I didn't plan to spend any money yesterday, but I ended up making a donation to Oasis Bird Sanctuary because they had a call for donations to help 14 birds that were going to be euthanized if they were not rescued.

1. Spend - $25 donation to Oasis

0/22

Hello everyone, sorry I'm a day late. Yesterday was prescriptions and groceries, which I don't count, but no extra! By the time I got home my back and hip were hurting enough to keep me from being online

August:

1 - No buy #1
2 - Not a no buy. Bought a cookbook on sale on Amazon for 1/2 price.
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -

August goal: 20 No buy days, but it will be tough. My grandmunchkins birthday is this month.

I'm sorry, my quotes won't work. Charming, I'm SO happy to hear your Mom is coming home!!!! How wonderful that you found the heart necklace like the one that your Dad got you.

Ok, well I'm just going to jump right in - my goal is 15 no spend days. I'm going easy on myself since this is my first time LOL

1: NO BUY #1
2:
$3 milkshake at McD's for son, who got his braces tightened
3: NO BUY #2 - Almost went to store to get chicken for dinner, but made myself just make something with food we already had. I also almost bought some stuff on Zulily ... they have the cutest Disney stuff on sale! Somehow, I was able to just say no.
4: New towels, 2 tshirts (BOGO for 1 cent, but somehow my two cost lest than the $20 I was expecting. I got 2 for $17 - one Harry Potter & one Minnie. Yay me), & dinner from Aldi. It had to be done.
5: Son's birthday. Took him to movie (matinee = $17, no snacks) & dinner (we both got free burgers for birthday month, bought soda & shake for dessert. With tip = $16).
6: NO BUY #3 - not even leaving the house today.
7: Going to the State Fair today so definitely NOT a no buy day. It's an anti-no buy day lol. It's also my birthday so Im going to eat what I want & drink what I want & buy what I want. Cheese curds & food on a stick, here I come!!!
8: NO BUY #4 - Home sick. And no, not from the fair food lol. Achy body ... sore throat ... ughhhhh...9. but at least I couldn't buy anything!
9: NO BUY #5 - A few groceries after work, nothing else.
10: Haircut $40
11: Stopped at store for dinner. Doesn't count as grocery shopping as I didn't NEED anything, I am just too lazy today to make dinner. $25.63
12: NO BUY #6
13: NO BUY #7
- spending the day at my mom's. Cheap entertainment :)
14: NO BUY #8 - staying home & cleaning & doing laundry. Yuck.
15: Printer ink $12.97. Guess I print a lot of coupons lol
16: $11.37 at Goodwill - bought 3 items to list on Ebay
17: Gobs spent. School registration for both kids. Thank goodness I have boys, they don't care about clothes or shoes so no money spent there. But I probably spend twice as much in lunch fees as parents with girls LOL
18: $12.42 at Michael's. One word. Clearance.
19: Took the day off to spend with my boys. Well, the older one spent the day with his girlfriend. #kidsqualitydayfail ... anyway, I took my younger one to see a movie (matinee), get his haircut (on sale) & shop for school supplies (at Target, all paid for with a gift card). My hubby is working tomorrow, YAY! First overtime in 6 months!
20: Well, this was definitely NOT a no spend day. In fact, it was an anti-no spend day! Went to Charming Charlie because I got a $5 off coupon for my birthday - mistake!! 40% off ALL jewelry! Yikes. Then I went to Hobby Lobby. Double yikes! Suffice it to say, I am NOT leaving the house tomorrow. I can't afford to!
21: NO BUY #9 - I stayed home as promised :)
22: NO BUY #10 - groceries only.
23: NO BUY #11 - emissions test after work. Free. And my car passed :)
24: Target. Nuff said.
25: NO BUY #12 - went to Kohl's & I did buy some things. Some pretty things. BUT I had my $10 birthday card from them, my $5 points thing AND a $25 gift card from SB. I left there not only paying NOTHING, but having $4 left on my gift card. Did I mention I bought pretty things? :)
26: Went to Ulta. Plus side, I got a free Urban Decay eye shadow for my birthday. Down side, of COURSE I had to buy other stuff. I mean .... ULTA!!!
27: NO BUY #13 - not leaving the house today - laundry & cleaning. Bleah.
28: NO BUY #14 - Groceries only
29: Office Depot to finish school supplies, less than $20. And I'm proud of myself, I loooooove school & office supplies (yes, I'm THAT dork) but ONLY bought things my kids needed. Nothing fun :/
30: Walmart. Unnecessary items. Sigh.
31: NO BUY #15 - bought a new planner at Target but my gift card covered it :)

Last edited:
I'm going to give it a try again. I've fallen off the wagon and have been spending way to much money on food at work. We are able to use our id badge to purchase ANYTHING. so, instead of packing my breakfast and lunch I've been buying it. And buying things I would never have packed from home. My last pay period I had $96.00 taken out of my pay. :(. No more spending.
My goal is 20 No Spend Days!
Aug1 -0-
Aug2 -0-
Aug3

Last edited:
Was aiming for a no buy day yesterday, then an unexpected trip to the hospital. DD7 fell of her skateboard and possibly broke her arm. Temporary cast and 6 1/2 hours later and a bit spent on food and parking at hospital and on our way again. Bye bye no buy day :) Fantastic service at the hospital though. Thank God for OHIP! Will try and switch today to a no buy instead.

August:

1 - No buy #1
3 - No buy #2. Stayed home, boring but financially a good deal!
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -

August goal: 20 No buy days, but it will be tough. My grandmunchkins birthday is this month.

Was aiming for a no buy day yesterday, then an unexpected trip to the hospital. DD7 fell of her skateboard and possibly broke her arm. Temporary cast and 6 1/2 hours later and a bit spent on food and parking at hospital and on our way again. Bye bye no buy day :) Fantastic service at the hospital though. Thank God for OHIP! Will try and switch today to a no buy instead.

I hope your daughter is ok!! I remember those days well!

So mom ended up staying a few more days. She will be discharged today.

Tuesday I worked late and then came home. Yesterday I worked late and then ran to Target to grab some beauty items and baby shower gifts. I have three friends expecting babies within a month of each other, not very budget friendly lol

8/1- $21.45 Hospital gift shop, $6.68 lunch with mom, $150.66 Walmart, and $5.10 snack from Chick fil a
8/2- $0
8/3- $3.83 Burger King and $88.77 Target

August:

1 - No buy #1
3 - No buy #2. Stayed home, boring but financially a good deal!
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -

I hope your daughter is ok!! I remember those days well!
Thanks, a cast is not slowing her down at all!

Hmmm...what should my goal be for this month? I'll be in Paris from the 22nd to the 31st, so it's really only 3/4 of the month for me...but I'd like to track my spending up to and including the 21st. I think I'll aim for 15 days and eliminate budgeted purchases like food, gasoline and such.

AUGUST
1-Spend--travel day, bought dinner
2-No Buy #1
3-No Buy #2
4-No Buy #3
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-

3/15 No Buy Days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter