August 28, 2004 "LOST AT SEA" Cruise

Sorry, we won't be staying at the Radisson.....we always come down on Thursday and stay in Orlando that and Friday night and drive to the port Saturday morning.....Andy

Hi trishamg and welcome to the 8/28/04 cruise :)

A meet on board sounds great.

Unfortunately we won't be at the Radisson. We are planning on spending a few days in WDW before the cruise :)

all this sounds really great. i look forward to meeting all of you. and the idea of a radisson meet is very cool. this is really going to be a great trip. i am having fun already and i haven't left jersey yet. talk to ya in a week. can someone keep me up to date on the t-shirt idea. i need to know from anyone how soon can i call the person in the gift shop to have a basket sent to my room for my son who really wanted to see pooh bear or in his words winne a pooh:D let me know....

Thanks
Tonia

Is our cruise sold out??? It can't be, its kind of off season. I went on Orbitz to check prices for our cruise and it said "this cruise is no longer available. Then I went to DCL's site and it also said "this cruise is no longer available".

Whats the deal, I hope they aren't cancelling. What do you think it is?

Thanks
Joanna

OK I hit the panic button, but it appears the DCL website is down as NO crusie is available LOL

That is probably why Orbitz is down.

Talk to you all tomorrow, when we get our countdown.

Joanna

Thank goodness!! Now step away from the big red panic button. :p (just kidding!!)

Ginny

Originally posted by tonia
...a basket sent to my room for my son who really wanted to see pooh bear or in his words winnie a pooh...

Tonia,

If you're a Pooh fan too, we were at our local K-Mart last night and they have the cutest fleece sweatshirts in the ladies dept. I saw both Pooh and Mickey. Not good for cruising, but great for the winter! They may also have Disney clothes in the children's dept.

Ginny

Hi everyone!

Well it's really getting close now...ONLY 49 weeks to go! hehehehe ;) :p

The latest news here is that my DH and I are now considering upgrading to a verandah cabin, cat. 6. We're currently booked in at cat. 9 oceanview cabin. We'll make the decision within the next week or so. One day we think it'll be worth the extra $$, then the next day we think we could use that money for excursions and other things. I know we'll have a great cruise, either way! :)

I hope everyone is doing well. Not to get depressing or anything, but my mother has been in the hospital this past week. She's 84 years old and has advanced Alzheimer's disease. For the past several years my father has been caring for her at home, 24/7. I truly believe that if she had been in a nursing home all this time, she'd no longer be with us. Anyway, at this stage, they feel it's time to put in a feeding tube since it's become apparent that she's losing the ability to swallow. This is a very common stage with advanced Alzheimer's, so I knew this day would come sooner or late :(

Anyway....otherwise things in our house are fine, the boys are all settled back into the school routine and doing well, and I hope all you other August 28, 2004 cruisers are fine too :)

Seaspray...Sorry about your mom. Thanks for our weekly countdown, It really is getting closer, we are in the 40 something weeks now.;) We or should I say "I" am always wondering if we should upgrade or not. Same as you waffling from day to day. But if I want to rebook again, I keep telling myself to stay where I am, but you don't know how I would just love to upgrade.

Ginny...welcome aboard, I'm glad you stopped by to chat with us.

Everyone is back in school now and back to the routine of running, running, running. I need a vacation. LOL

Talk to you all next week if not sooner.

Joanna

Joanna - thank you for the welcome!! I think my husband (xabearx) has posted several times.

Seaspray - I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Thank you for the weekly countdown! 40-something weeks sounds so much better than "slightly less than an year."

Hope everybody has a good weekend!
Ginny

Thanks for the countdown.

Seaspray - It is a heavy load to pull when a loved one is ill, and especially more so when things decline. I am thinking of you. Family members from out west have flown in this weekend to have a "final" visit with my Grandmom. We have gathered down the Jersey shore and are having a wonderful visit. Cherish each moment and give your dad a respite. My mom is sole caretaker of Grandmom and I worry more about her than Grandmom. It does take a toll.

Other than that, folks...I will see you in 49 weeks!!

welcome to all the newest cruisers to join our merry group. We made our reservations at the Radisson for the 27th so anyone else who is going to be there - we should all meet up by the pool Friday night .

I love the ideas of tee shirts or even buttons (the ones Andy made were great). Who's the creative one in our group.

well I hope everyone is doing well. Seaspray my thoughts are with you during this tough time!!!

Ginny

Joanna - can you add my Dsis, DBIL and Dneice(4) and Dnephew(8) to our list on the first page - Thanks!!

consider it done, ginny (winnyis) Ginny...Why don't you tell your sister to join the DIS and chat with us, if she isn't a member already.

2 Ginny's on this cruise. So now I have to put your screen name in parenthesis.

Joanna

40 something weeks and counting down.

Seaspray - you and your family are in our prayers. everyday i live with my husband who was in a terrible accident last june. he has a closed head injury and that affects his new memory (or what there is of it) so his last full day was june 25, 2002. I know how caring for someone with that kind of ailment can be difficult.

that's why we all need a vacation ha ha ha ha

i also want to upgrade but the money that i would spend to upgrade from cat 9 to 6 i can spend somewhere else. i also feel that it will be an amazing trip no matter what cat. i stay on.

Ginny - thanks for the pooh bear information but it is my son that is head over heels for pooh. But i am still going to check out the sweatshirts. Thank you for the idea. Also we will be at the radisson on friday the 27 and i would love to meet you and you family.

I have a peice of great news. My mom is now coming. Which means she will be with the kids and that means time alone with the husbaned (if i can remember what that is ha ha ha ha).

the kids are all in school and back to school night is monday. i can't wait.

let me know about t-shirts or buttons

and to everyone else - i look forward to meeting each and everyone of you in 40 + weeks and i will talk to all of you next week or less.

:D

Originally posted by tonia
Ginny - thanks for the pooh bear information but it is my son that is head over heels for pooh. But i am still going to check out the sweatshirts. Thank you for the idea. Also we will be at the radisson on friday the 27 and i would love to meet you and you family.

Hey Tonia.....We usually leave here on Thursday morning and will spend the night in Orlando that and Friday night and then drive to the port Saturday morning so we will have to wait for the meet until we get on the ship.....it will be only 'gdulaney' and myself....we don't have any kids.....Andy

i would love to meet you guys on the ship who know we might end up at the adults only restaurant on the same night or something. see ya there.

Tonia,

I just checked the K-Mart ad and Disney boys' and girls' apparel (size 4-8) is on sale... 35% off (at least for the Atlanta area)...hopefully it's on sale near you too.

Ginny

Thanks for the good thoughts and wishes regarding my mom, everyone. I really appreciate it.

I just booked thru DU! This will be our first 7 day. I'm a little worried that my dds 6 & 8 might get bored during the 2 days at sea. Is this a potential problem or am I unduly stressed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter