August 27, Fantasy Eastern

dizneeat

DIS Veteran
Hi!

We just booked this cruise! Thought why not start a cruise thread to count down to our summer 2016 vacation! :thumbsup2

June 2nd 2015: We changed our plans and are no longer going on this cruise. Nevertheless we wish you all an awesome cruise!

Last edited:

I will be on this cruise with DH, DD13, DD8, DS6. We are doing a back to back cruise. Can't wait

More Canadians on this cruise! We will be traveling with my DH's family....this will be their first Disney cruise after hearing us rave about it for many years!

Last edited:

Sorry I haven't been around earlier to welcome everyone, but I had fallen ill after our last vacation and am only slowly recovering. :rolleyes:

I will be on this cruise with DH, DD13, DD8, DS6. We are doing a back to back cruise. Can't wait

:welcome: to our cruise meet thread!
Awesome to get to know you. Going back to back? That is a great experience. We did the same in 2013 and loved it.

:yay:We'll be on this cruise. 9 of us coming from Canada.

:welcome: to our cruise meet thread!
Gosh, you are travelling with quite the group! 9 of you!! Have you been on a Disney cruise before?

More Canadians on this cruise! We will be traveling with my DH's family....this will be their first Disney cruise after hearing us rave about it for many years!

:welcome:to our cruise meet thread!
More Canadians! Great to have you here. I just love an international crowd.
Travelling with some first time cruisers - that is one of the best things ever. Just to see their faces when they experience something for the first time. :goodvibes

This will be the first cruise for all 9 of us. Trying to read and learn as much as I can.:)

First cruise? How great is that!! You picked a wonderful ship for your first cruise.
Let me know if you have any questions. This will be cruise no 18 for us, so I should be able to answer your questions. :thumbsup2

First cruise? How great is that!! You picked a wonderful ship for your first cruise.
Let me know if you have any questions. This will be cruise no 18 for us, so I should be able to answer your questions. :thumbsup2
Thank you. You may regret offering to answer questions for me. I'm kidding - hopefully. 18 cruises!!! Colour me envious :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. Just checked prices again this morning and it seems prices have gone up already!!! So happy to have booked it at opening. This is our first time cruising Caribbean this time of the year (last time was March), any advice on if you are concerned about hurricane season, is everyone buying insurance? This will be our 5th Disney cruise but the first one where we are considering insurance. Thanks for any input!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Just checked prices again this morning and it seems prices have gone up already!!! So happy to have booked it at opening. This is our first time cruising Caribbean this time of the year (last time was March), any advice on if you are concerned about hurricane season, is everyone buying insurance? This will be our 5th Disney cruise but the first one where we are considering insurance. Thanks for any input!

Those cruises at the end of August are always very popular and prices usually go up fast.

We always cruise in that time frame and have cruised the Caribbean with Disney at the same time for a few years now. Yes, there may be hurricane crossing our path, but the ships usually steer clear of the worst weather. You might encounter some rain and rough seas, but the usually change up days (ports) and the worst that happened to us was missing Castaway Cay.
If you only arrive the day of the cruise, yes, then insurance might be a good idea. We have stopped buying Disney insurance when we found out that it would not cover much as we live outside the US. One year we did encounter a half empty ship as many airports along the East Coast were closed because of the bad weather, but if you are already in the area a day or two early it would not be a problem.
Not sure if that answers your question - let me know if I can answer any more.

Those cruises at the end of August are always very popular and prices usually go up fast.

We always cruise in that time frame and have cruised the Caribbean with Disney at the same time for a few years now. Yes, there may be hurricane crossing our path, but the ships usually steer clear of the worst weather. You might encounter some rain and rough seas, but the usually change up days (ports) and the worst that happened to us was missing Castaway Cay.
If you only arrive the day of the cruise, yes, then insurance might be a good idea. We have stopped buying Disney insurance when we found out that it would not cover much as we live outside the US. One year we did encounter a half empty ship as many airports along the East Coast were closed because of the bad weather, but if you are already in the area a day or two early it would not be a problem.
Not sure if that answers your question - let me know if I can answer any more.
Yes, thanks for replying. I think I read somewhere that they may change the port where you embark, that would be probably the worst case scenario and unlikely to occur. We do plan on arriving early and visiting WDW. Port changes would not be a huge deal for me because I know I would still have a great time as long as I'm on a Disney cruise ship!!!:rainbow:

Hello. We just signed up for this cruise. We are from the U.S. Ohio state. There will be 4 of us. My husband mike my son who will be 7 at the time of the cruise, liz (mother n law), and myself (sherry). this will my third and my sons second Disney cruise. So with the FE. Are you counting each person in the stateroom? Last year we participated had 15 cabins. We gave one gift for the adults combined and then one for each child. The one we just went on had 8 cabins. it was similar with gifts.

Hello. We just signed up for this cruise. We are from the U.S. Ohio state. There will be 4 of us. My husband mike my son who will be 7 at the time of the cruise, liz (mother n law), and myself (sherry). this will my third and my sons second Disney cruise. So with the FE. Are you counting each person in the stateroom? Last year we participated had 15 cabins. We gave one gift for the adults combined and then one for each child. The one we just went on had 8 cabins. it was similar with gifts.

:welcome:
Great to have you on board. Sounds like a great family cruise for you all. :goodvibes

As for the FE - I am counting by families signing up. Sometimes a family has two staterooms because of family size, so they are counted as one "group". I guess we will devide at 15 (ish) groups. (Means, could be 13 or 16 as well)
I do not devide by sign up, rather by decks as it saves a lot of time running around. As for gifts - the only rule is that you at least have to give one gift per stateroom. If you make it a stateroom gift or individual gifts is completely up to you.

Let me know if you want to join the FE. All I need is everyone's first names, the kid's ages and your stateroom number if you already know it. :thumbsup2

Hi all!! Me and my family will be on this cruise also. We are from Newfoundland, Canada. This will be the 3rd disney cruise for my siblings and myself, 4th for my parents, and 2nd for the others coming along with us. We are a family of 6, but travelling with a group of 18!! My family of 6 would like to join the FE exchange but I'm not sure how to send a private message. Can't wait to see you all there! :hourglass:fish:

It's time to say goodbye!

Even though we were very much looking forward to this cruise, we changed our plans. Since the dates for the EBPC cruise are very early in 2016 we are jumping on the opportunity to experience the Panama Canal in 2016.

We hope you all have a great cruise nonetheless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter