August 2024 first trip with a kiddo … Down in Port Orleans!

MrsK53113

Earning My Ears
The evening star is shining bright ….. So make a wish and hold on tight ….. There’s magic in the air tonight …. And anything can happen

Down in New Port Orleans!

Hi there! I have been a LOOOOOOONG time lurker, and I absolutely love and appreciate all the Trip Reports (and pre-trip reports as well!) I’ve been reading to help me plan and just for funsies to get my Disney fix. I was inspired to try my hand at doing my very own pre-trip report. I’m planning this mostly by myself, so some feedback would be helpful but also, I just need to get all this noise out of my head :upsidedow. I am an over-planner, over-worrier, over-thinker about everything. I love to plan and am an Excel nerd, so you bet your butt I have multiple spreadsheets for this trip :laughing:.

I’m going to try to sprinkle in a few pics so you don’t get a wall of text … sorry I can get really wordy!

Ok, so! Introductions, right?!

WHO
Me: K, 37 years old, avid Disney fan and planner extraordinaire.
Kellie with Ry.png
Favorite ride: Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror
Favorite Movie: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast
New experience most excited for: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy: CR, RotR

DD: 7 years old, never been to Disney, but so excited to go!
Ry.jpg
Favorite movie: The Princess and the Frog
Character most excited to meet: Tiana
Ride most excited to try: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure (seeing the pattern yet?)

That’s it. It’s just the two of us. To be fair, it’s almost always the two of us. Despite my username (thanks DIS boards for not letting us change usernames from when we were young and dumb about picking names that will stick with us for decades!!) I am no longer a Mrs. and the last time I was in Disney was TEN YEARS AGO, for an ill-fated honeymoon. It was NOT the best trip I’d been on, but that’s a story for another time (spoiler: his family joined us for our honeymoon 😒).

I grew up going to Disney for almost annual vacations since I was 6 years old until I was almost 20. We stayed off property for the first trip, learned from our mistakes and stayed on property the rest of our vacays. Mostly at Pop Century, All Stars, and a random stay at CBR. My honeymoon was a not-so-enjoyable stay at BWV in 2014. That was the last time I vacationed at Disney and I’m so excited to see how much has changed!

20240405_140555.jpg

This is me and my twin when we were younger at some of the All Star's hotels. Sorry for the crappy quality… it’s a picture of a picture!:crazy2:

WHEN

Sunday August 18th – Friday August 23rd, 2024: 5 nights with a 4-day, 1 park with water park option ticket.

My kiddo is 7 and in school September through June. I did NOT want to go in holiday crowds, so summer it is! We’re lucky enough that her school district doesn’t start until after Labor Day, in September. We’re hoping to vacation with hopefully lower crowds since a lot of schools go back mid-late August.

WHERE

Port Orleans Riverside, in a river view Royal Room. DD7's love of Tiana / The Princess and the Frog is why I chose this resort and specifically this room type. I can’t wait to see her face when we first get into the room. I’ve kept this a secret from her and I’m so excited to see if she loves it!

Room 1.PNG Room 2 Tiana.PNG
I've never stayed here, but this resort has always been on my bucket list. I grabbed some screenshots from the Disney website.

WHY?

A very delayed birthday trip for DD7. My mom has a tradition she started with my twin sister’s firstborn, that when a grandchild turns 5, they are gifted a trip to Disney. That’s around the age when we started going as kids and my mom wanted to continue that with her grandkids. We had a big family trip planned for my nephews 5th birthday trip ….. in April 2020, but we all know what happened. Womp womp. We have never actually rescheduled the big family trip for a few reasons. We didn’t like all the changes made during the pandemic and have been trying to wait them out thinking things would hopefully go back to the way they used to be (DME, FP+, etc..) but no dice. My parents have also had various health issues and surgeries, so they aren’t ready to do a Disney trip. If they do decide to ever go back it will be just to hang by the pools or Disney Springs. They just can’t get around like they used to. My sister has 4 kids and money is tight, so they can’t come with us either this year. We’ve done a quick summer vacation with my sister’s family to Hershey Park two summers ago and it was a LOT. I’m used to only one kiddo. I don’t know how she manages to do it with four!!

This is a long awaited, not quite once-in-a-lifetime, but hopefully a really fun and memorable trip for me and my daughter.

This trip will be filled with a LOT of firsts for both me and DD7. My DD7 has never been but has been begging to go for the last two years. And as I've mentioned I haven't been in TEN years :eek:. It’s finally time!

Ok, I think that’s a LOT of info out of the way. Up next: actual plans! Or just more head noise - TBD

(I hope I'm doing this right so far)

I hope you and your daughter have the best trip ever and fill it with beautiful memories! I don’t know if you have the Disney Visa card or not, but they are having an awesome perk next week. If you stay on property and have a 4 day park hopper ticket you could qualify for a free dining plan!

If you have any questions or strategies, please let the board know. They are kind and welcoming and would love to answer and support anyway possible!

Just a quick know about Guardians, make sure you understand the VQ system because currently there is no standby line

Have the best trip - we’ve been going to WDW the last two weeks in August for several years now. I actually love it. Obviously it’s…sweltering…but it’s also been insanely hot in Oct! And for the most part, crowds are manageable!

I hope you and your daughter have the best trip ever and fill it with beautiful memories! I don’t know if you have the Disney Visa card or not, but they are having an awesome perk next week. If you stay on property and have a 4 day park hopper ticket you could qualify for a free dining plan!

If you have any questions or strategies, please let the board know. They are kind and welcoming and would love to answer and support anyway possible!

Just a quick know about Guardians, make sure you understand the VQ system because currently there is no standby line
Thank you so much!

I love your tip about the Disney Visa. I do have one, but unfortunately we aren't buying park hoppers and the deal isn't good for August trips. I'll keep my eye out for more deals though for sure.

I forgot about Guardians not having a standby line 🤦‍♀️... there's so many details to keep straight, so thank you for the reminder! :) I'll add this to my notes

Thank you so much!

I love your tip about the Disney Visa. I do have one, but unfortunately we aren't buying park hoppers and the deal isn't good for August trips. I'll keep my eye out for more deals though for sure.

I forgot about Guardians not having a standby line 🤦‍♀️... there's so many details to keep straight, so thank you for the reminder! :) I'll add this to my notes
No problem! Sorry misread that section of the post

We have been twice in August with our kids similar ages. Just bring ponchos so you don't have to buy them there. If you expect rain and storms, then you will be golden. We put on the poncho and made the most of lower crowds.

Have the best trip - we’ve been going to WDW the last two weeks in August for several years now. I actually love it. Obviously it’s…sweltering…but it’s also been insanely hot in Oct! And for the most part, crowds are manageable!
This makes me feel better about choosing those dates, thank you!! I'm hoping the daily swim breaks will help break up the overwhelming heat that is Florida in August, lol

We have been twice in August with our kids similar ages. Just bring ponchos so you don't have to buy them there. If you expect rain and storms, then you will be golden. We put on the poncho and made the most of lower crowds.
Adding some to my list! Thank you! :)

Joining in!

You're planning such a magical trip - you and your daughter will have so much fun! Seven is such a great age for Disney World.

I'm a huge fan of Port Orleans Riverside - I've stayed there twice. I've never stayed in a royal room, but requested and got a room in the mansions section of Riverside when I last stayed there in 2015.

I'm in a somewhat similar boat to you - our upcoming trip in May will be my first time there in eight years. We were also planning a trip in May 2020 (which was also cancelled) and we also waited to book until several things returned (character meets, parades, fireworks, etc.). This will be my first trip with kids as well - I have two girls who are five and 18 months. It will be an adventure for sure!

I think the most overwhelming thing after such a long absence is to make sure I'm up to date on all the changes (booking Genie+ and ILL, using mobile ordering, etc.). I've read a lot and watched many YouTube videos. I look forward to hearing about more of your plans!

Joining in!

I'm in a somewhat similar boat to you - our upcoming trip in May will be my first time there in eight years. We were also planning a trip in May 2020 (which was also cancelled) and we also waited to book until several things returned (character meets, parades, fireworks, etc.). This will be my first trip with kids as well - I have two girls who are five and 18 months. It will be an adventure for sure!

I think the most overwhelming thing after such a long absence is to make sure I'm up to date on all the changes (booking Genie+ and ILL, using mobile ordering, etc.). I've read a lot and watched many YouTube videos. I look forward to hearing about more of your plans!
Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by! SO much has changed and one of things I am worried about is definitely the Genie+ and ILL stuff. I remember fastpasses being so much less complicated, lol.

May is one of my favorite times to visit Disney! We always had such great weather days and decent crowds. I'm sure your girls will have a magical trip as well!

Joining in. I can't wait to hear more.

We stayed at POR back when my kids were younger. We loved the resort.

Time for some fun.... our plans!!

Day 1: Travel Day – Sunday August 18th

We are flying to Orlando on what will be DD7’s very first flight. There will be a lot of firsts for this trip! I am incredibly nervous because I am not a good flier. I really don’t love flying anywhere, ever… but I hate driving long distances even more. Especially with an impatient 7-year-old who still asks “are we almost there yet” when driving to the mall 15 minutes from our house.

I don't have a lot of pics for these posts, so I went searching through my scrapbooks and my mom's shoeboxes of old photos. I found this pic of one of the last family trips I took when I was 19-ish. Don’t be fooled by the casual pose. I was incredibly nervous for the flight!

20240405_145316.jpg
We are NOT going to discuss the surfer/skater wannabe look that was all the rage in 2005 😐

Back to 2024…. we are flying from a teeny tiny airport about 20 minutes from our house, on a direct flight. The airport is so tiny they only have one flight to and from Orlando per day, and only a few select days a week. This also dictated the dates of travel for us.

I'm so happy that this airport is so close and so small. Usually we have to drive up to Philly to fly anywhere, but the new airport is only 15-20 minutes from our house. My parents are nice enough to drop us off, so I don't have to pay for parking. With such a tiny airport they only have three flights out all day on Sunday August 18th - a 7:30 morning flight, a 2:20pm mid-afternoon flight, and ours at 5:05 pm. All to different destinations. I highly doubt we need to arrive at the airport 2 hours before our flight. TSA/ security should be quick and I don't want to spend over an hour and a half with an impatient and slightly anxious 7 year old.

Unfortunately, because of the tiny airport there are fees for everything :rolleyes2. I guess it makes up for the "cheap" flights. No free checked luggage, so I'll have to be very, VERY, careful about packing and having enough room for all the goodies I know we'll be bringing back.

I bought myself a brand new suitcase from Target. Of course now they have them on sale 😮‍💨. I have some circle rewards money to use in addition to the sale price, so I'm getting her suitcase at a great price! I love Target circle deals!

mine:
suitcase - K.PNG
Purple is a theme for me this trip.

DD7's:

suitcase - R.PNG
Because I got my favorite color, DD7 wanted a suitcase that was her favorite color too

I bought her a small suitcase 4 years ago for Christmas when we were supposed to go in 2020, but it's waaay too tiny for her now. She loves clothes and accessories so she's getting excited picking out cute outfits (that will be it's own post!).

Oh!! Does anyone remember when we used to get free Disney themed luggage tags shipped with the Magic Bands?! I still have ours from 2020!!

luggage tags.PNG

We do get a free personal item that must fit under the seat, so we'll both have a small backpack with plenty of activities to keep both of us occupied on the flight. Again, because of the smaller airline, there are no luxuries such as wi-fi or meals/snacks on board, so I'll have to download some movies from Disney+ on her tablet and some books for me on my kindle. I'll also have to pack a couple snacks for either during the flight or on our way to our resort. It's only a 2 and half hour flight, so not terribly long to keep her entertained.

Our flight on Sunday is at 5:05pm, due to land at MCO at 7:35pm. We’ll have to get our luggage and hoof it over to Terminal B / C because I made reservations with Mears for a shuttle to our resort. DD7 is still in a car seat at home and I didn’t want to bring one or rent one, so a rental car or a private car/lyft/uber was out. Plus, it’s just the 2 of us. I’m a cautious person by nature (yeah, pretty sure that tracks with everything else, right? :rotfl:) so I just don’t feel safe/comfortable using any of those. A shuttle it is! And bonus, it was cheaper than a private car!

By the time we get to our resort it will be late. Much later than DD7 is used to. Bedtime is usually 8:30 pm during the summer. I don’t think we’ll make it to the room until at least 10. I don’t know how many other stops the shuttle will have or how quick our tiny airline will be getting us our luggage, etc.

I’m hoping to get us settled, unpacked, into PJs and in bed before 11.

With a late night I was thinking two different paths for the first park day:

Option 1: Relaxed morning, water park to ease her into the crowds/heat of FL in August, and then some park time in the late afternoon / evening hours.

Option 2: Going full steam ahead with a full park day. And if so, which park??

So many choices!

OOHH.... side note… I’m hoping to snag some MNSSHP tickets for one night this week… but the schedule hasn’t been released yet. Historically, according to my research, the party dates are on Fridays and Tuesdays in August. Our flight home is on a Friday, in the mid-afternoon, so that’s out. As of now, I’m planning for MNSSHP tickets for Tuesday night.

Up next: Day 2 – plans for our first park day! Which option will we pick?

Reactions: DLo
Your trip sounds great, but honestly, I am here for the throwback pics! I'm a couple years older than you, but I definitely remember reading that particular issue of Cosmo!

Also, I love the airport pics, which looks way more vintage than even 2005. I suppose at the time, that airport was probably scoffed at for being outdated, but the places that don't get updates every couple of years make me way nostalgic.

Your trip sounds great, but honestly, I am here for the throwback pics! I'm a couple years older than you, but I definitely remember reading that particular issue of Cosmo!

Also, I love the airport pics, which looks way more vintage than even 2005. I suppose at the time, that airport was probably scoffed at for being outdated, but the places that don't get updates every couple of years make me way nostalgic.
HA - thanks! I love throwback pics too and had so much fun going through them with my mom. I will be posting more for sure in the upcoming posts. You must have a fantastic memory to remember a specific issue of Cosmo!!

I'll have to go back to my mom's to find airport pics of when I was even younger and compare to my '05 pics. I swear it looks the same 10+ years apart!!

HA - thanks! I love throwback pics too and had so much fun going through them with my mom. I will be posting more for sure in the upcoming posts. You must have a fantastic memory to remember a specific issue of Cosmo!!

I'll have to go back to my mom's to find airport pics of when I was even younger and compare to my '05 pics. I swear it looks the same 10+ years apart!!
Haha, old books and magazines are like time capsules to me. Also, that issue was notable to me because Jessica Simpson rather vehemently denied any marital problems and insisted she would never, ever, ever get a divorce...and then like a month later they announced they were separating.

Yes to more old throwback pics!

Following along! Your trip sounds wonderful so far! Your daughter is going to be so excited when she's sees the room! If you wanted a more relaxed day for your first park day, you could make that your Animal Kingdom day. It will probably be your shortest day out of all.

There are a couple of new discounts that have come out in the last couple of days- did you see them? There is a room only discount and there is a 4 park magic ticket discount as well that might work for you.

There are a couple of new discounts that have come out in the last couple of days- did you see them? There is a room only discount and there is a 4 park magic ticket discount as well that might work for you.
Holy moly!! I just modified my reservations with the room discount. You just saved me a bunch of money! Thank you for that tip!!! :worship:

Day 2: First full park day - Monday

Because of the LATE arrival at the hotel the night before, I’m thinking we’ll probably have a late morning start. I’ll be up early to try for some afternoon Genie+ selections and maybe a boarding group for later in the afternoon/evening too. Then I’ll make myself a cup of coffee and get ready / let DD7 sleep in a little bit.

I’m going to pause the planning here to add that I can not get through my morning without coffee. But not just any coffee will do. I am picky bougie when it comes to coffee. My favorite cup is Toasted Almond Caramel (Target’s Good and Gather brand) with Silk Oatmeal Cookie flavored oat milk coffee creamer. And lately for a little extra sweetness, I’ve been adding a splash of English Toffee flavored International Delight creamer. Delish!

Because I’m so specific, I plan to make my perfect cup of coffee in the hotel room. Since I’m not planning to place a grocery order (for various reasons), I’m going to bring my own coffee pods and creamer. In order to do that I’m going to use an ice cold tumbler for my coffee creamer, with a really good sealable lid. Something like this:

tumbler.PNG

From the time we leave home until we get into our hotel room, I’m estimating 6-ish hours, so it will be fine until I can get it in the hotel fridge. I did this on our vacay to Great Wolf Lodge last summer and it worked great!

Ok, sorry about the pivot. Now back to our regularly scheduled program!

I think that morning we’ll check out Port Orleans in the daylight, then grab some breakfast before heading off to a water park for a few hours. I prefer Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach. I just love the wave pool! But I’m leaving this up to DD7. She loved our Great Wolf Lodge vacay last summer, which if you don’t know is mostly an indoor water park. She has been asking about going to other water parks ever since. This should be a great way to start off our week!

Flashback waterpark pic:

20240405_140910.jpg

Once we’ve had enough sun/ heat, the tentative plan is to head back to the hotel to relax in the AC for a bit. Not gonna lie, I would LOVE if she would take a nap, but I know at her age that’s almost impossible. She was always a terrible napper, even as a baby. That leaves some later afternoon / evening hours open to go to another park. I think I’ve decided, for now, to spend a few hours at EPCOT for a couple rides and some dinner and snacks.

Remember that morning I said I’m planning to get up early for Genie+ / LL planning?? I’m hoping to grab a Guardians VQ for the evening. The other LL’s I am hoping to get are Frozen and Remy. Test Track will be down for refurbishment while we’re there :sad2: . Historically, according to the research I've done, EPCOT should be open until 9:00pm, so I feel like that should be enough time to get a few good rides in… not that I think we’ll be there that late. I’m almost positive DD7 will be overtired by that point and way too sassy for my liking.

If we do EPCOT in the later afternoon / evening, here’s the list of rides DD7 and I narrowed down (told you, I’m an Excel nerd who loves spreadsheets and lists!):

• Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind – purchase ILL if I need to, but still hopeful for a VQ
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure – I think DD7 will enjoy it even though she didn’t really like the movie
  • Frozen Ever After – DD7 used to LOVE Frozen but has mostly moved on. Her current obsession is Princess Tiana.
  • Spaceship Earth – not sure how she’ll feel about this one (probably too boring for her)
  • Living with the Land – if it’s too hot and we need a break inside (again, probably too boring for DD7)
  • Soarin’ – but only if the standby line is decently short*
I know for a fact we will not get to all of these. Probably not even half, depending on the lines, willingness of DD7, etc., but I love having this list narrowed down ahead of time so we aren’t standing in the middle of EPCOT arguing about what we could/should/want to do.

*Fun fact: I’ve never actually ridden Soarin’. Ever. Shocking, I know. It never seemed worth the wait to me when I was younger, and I guess I just don’t understand the hype. It’s not a must-do for us, but I can always cross this off the list of things I’ve completed in Disney.

I feel bad that this entry is so word heavy … so here’s more pics when I was younger in Disney:

20240405_140340.jpg20240405_140805.jpg20240405_140825.jpg

I was going through all the older pictures at my mom’s house and while there is a huge stack of pics .... barely any had us in them! You won’t believe how many pictures there are of the dolls in
It’s a Small World! I asked my mom, and she said my dad went crazy on one of the first rides we all went on way back on our very first trip (1992-ish) and took pictures of everything. She wasn’t wrong!!

I also found one of my old scrapbooks and there's a few pages dedicated to the last family trip I took in 2005. My sister’s bff came with us on this trip. It was pretty much the first trip we were allowed to do anything without parents. We had so much fun! Definitely one of my top trips ever.

Check out the fun:

20240405_145122.jpg20240405_145547.jpg20240405_145459.jpg

Attachments

• 20240405_140910.jpg
    20240405_140910.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
  • tumbler.PNG
    tumbler.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
Day 3: Second full park day - Tuesday

According to my research, Tuesdays are usually lower crowd days at MK, so Day 3 plan always included hitting up MK. But also according to my research, this will most likely be the MNSSHP day, so the crowds will be even lower since they close the park early for the party. This might work out great for us! We can rope drop, spend the morning in MK, hit the hotel for a rest early afternoon, change into costumes and head back to the park for the party around 4-ish. We will try to rely on LL selections and standby lines that are less than 20 minutes. That’s about the most patience DD7 has.

This will be the only day that I plan to make an ADR. In all my trips to Disney as a kid, we only had a handful of table service meals that required reservations. DD7 is a picky eater and with me being gluten free and low dairy (I really try my hardest to be dairy free as well), it’s difficult to find meals for both of us that aren’t crazy expensive if the food isn’t good. I hate the idea of wasting food. BUT. DD7 really wants to meet the princesses. I’m hoping to make an ADR at Cinderella’s Royal Table to accomplish this.

I actually struggled with this decision after I heard that 1900 Park Fare was opening again. The character dining would include Tiana and I got excited! But then I read it's only Tiana, Aladdin, Mirabel and Cinderella. BUT the menu looks so much more appetizing than CRT. It's still up in the air, but with the character selections, I'm still thinking CRT would be better for DD7. I'll probably go back and forth on this all the way up until I can make the ADR's in June :laughing:

Ok, so quick pivot: Splash Mountain was MY RIDE growing up. I always made sure to hit it more than once on every. Single. Trip. I’m crossing all my fingers and toes that the opening date for this revamped ride will be before our August trip. The ride's opening date of “Summer 2024” can literally be anywhere from June to September, and one never knows with Disney!

SO. All of that to say, my ONLY must-do for this day is Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. I’ve talked up this ride for ages so DD7 is super excited to ride it for the first time with momma! I’m so curious what the re-theming is going to look like. Disney Imagineers are quite impressive*. DD7 has been watching all the Disney movies leading up to our trip and The Princess and The Frog was on repeat for weeks. She’s excited for this ride too, but momma is EXCITED. This totally had an influence on the hotel pick for this trip, btw.

Look how fun the attraction poster is!

Tiana attraction poster.jpg

*Have you guys checked out any of the Disney+ episodes of “Behind the Attraction” or “The Imagineering Story”? They are awesome and have been really amping up my excitement for the trip. Recently, Walt Disney Imagineering released a YouTube video about animatronics and featured a few of the new ones for Tiana's Bayou Adventure. If you haven’t checked it out yet, I highly recommend it!

I’m not sure how Disney is planning to set up this attraction on Genie+. With it being so new, I’m thinking that LL will definitely be needed. I’m hoping to rope drop MK this day and get a few Fantasyland rides done and out of the way so we can focus on using LL’s for Adventureland and Frontierland rides. I think those are more our jam than Fantasyland rides (DD7 isn’t really into Winnie the Pooh, or Peter Pan; those rides “look boring” according to her). DD7 did make a request to make sure we ride the Carousel and meet the princesses - so those are on our must-do list too.

I’m waffling back and forth about Tron. DD7 is tall for her age, but this momma still worries it’s too big of a ride for her. She likes rollercoasters so I think she’ll be fine on Tron, but I’m still slightly worried. Mostly because of the ride vehicle. I’m not decided yet if I want to do ILL or VQ for Tron. This is still something I’m trying to work out. I’m terrible at go-with-the-flow last minute decisions, but I think it may come down to exactly that.

So. Many. Choices! How do you all do this?! :crazy:

Here’s our list of rides we’ve come up with:

• Tiana’s Bayou Adventure – duh, obvi (hopefully more than once because I’d love to try to ride it at night/in the dark during MNSSHP)
  • Big Thunder Mountain RR
  • Jungle Cruise – one of my top 10 favorite rides. I know DD7 won’t enjoy this as much as I do
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • The Haunted Mansion – DD7 has been waffling if SHE wants to ride this with me. She’s afraid it might be too scary, but I’ve tried to assure her, it’s just a ride and it’ll be fun. Plus, we’ve been watching ride videos on YouTube, so that’s helped her a little too.
  • Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
  • Princess Fairytale Hall – Tiana and Rapunzel
  • It’s a Small World
  • Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
    Kellie honeymoon trip with Ariel statue.jpg
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – again more for momma, another one of my fave’s
  • Tron Lightcycle/Run – still not sold on this because of DD7’s size (she’s currently 50.75” in April, so yes, she’ll meet the height requirements, but it still makes me nervous)

**No Space Mountain this trip. It’s almost completely in the dark and that is not something that appeals to DD7, at all. She's requested to skip it.

Between rope drop, all morning in the park, an ADR at CRT and the evening at MNSSHP I'm hoping we can cross off most, if not all, of our list!!

I hope we’ll get to see some of the parade and fireworks, but somewhere out of the way. DD7 doesn't like the loud booms of the fireworks and I'm not a fan of crowds being too close to my personal bubble.

Because this was a lot of words here are some MK throwback pics from my last trip in 2014:
Kellie Gastons tavern 2014.jpg
Kellie with Beast 2014.jpg
eric castle2.png

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter