*August 2024 Check-in Thread*

StarlitNight05

DIS Veteran
It's official, we are coming back for another visit to our favorite place! We only just visited last month, but in rare form, DH was already requesting another trip while we were making the trek home. Who am I to say no? Especially if it's to celebrate my birthday! 🥳

So who's with me?! Feel free to share your dates and hotel if you feel comfortable. I'm so excited and can't wait to discuss and plan with all you other August visitors. This year will be particularly special since Halloween time is slated to begin on August 23rd. 🎃

Last edited:
Check-in list

Dingdingding
: 7/28-8/5, Camelot or Westin
harleyquinn: Early August, SunCoast Park Hotel
AlohaNow: Early August (D23), TBD
OnThisMagicNight: 8/13-8/18, VDH
summerlvr: 8/14-8/21, Homewood Suites/Disneyland Hotel
Indie7: 8/18-8/24, Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn/Pixar Place
bcwife76: 8/19-8/22, Pixar Place
joseph821: 8/20-8/28, GCH
StarlitNight05: 8/26-8/30, GCH
limace: 8/26-8/30, VDH *tentative*
Kerr84: 8/28-9/1, Pixar Place
ItsMEH: 8/28-9/2, DLH

Last edited:

I'll be there August 14-21. Haven't decided for sure on hotel. I am currently considering the Sheraton Park Hotel, which looks to be walking distance to parks and I think also has an ART stop near by. Do the buses run after park close?

I'll be there August 14-21. Haven't decided for sure on hotel. I am currently considering the Sheraton Park Hotel, which looks to be walking distance to parks and I think also has an ART stop near by. Do the buses run after park close?
Welcome! Hmm, I've never actually ridden ART myself, but I did find this post below that says it runs 30 min after closing:
https://mickeyvisit.com/disneyland-art-shuttle/

It does sound like there is a mobile app for the system now. Hopefully someone with ART experience can chime in.

However, there may be a better and free solution...the Toy Story lot shuttle. I found this video by our super knowledgeable @crystal1313:

Looks to be a very short walk (6 min or so), and the shuttle would be free. Sounds like if you are there before 11am you can even go through security at the lot.

Hi Everyone! I’m Sarah. My DH Justin and our 15 year old daughter will be visiting DL and UH from July 3-August 7. This is our first time, we’ve been to WDW many, many times (I’m a Disney focused TA). Flights to Fl were high and I looked at LAX on a whim and here we are!

We’re staying one night in Burbank and going to UH (been to UO once) and then heading to the SunCoast Park hotel for 6 nights.

Welcome! Hmm, I've never actually ridden ART myself, but I did find this post below that says it runs 30 min after closing:
https://mickeyvisit.com/disneyland-art-shuttle/

It does sound like there is a mobile app for the system now. Hopefully someone with ART experience can chime in.

However, there may be a better and free solution...the Toy Story lot shuttle. I found this video by our super knowledgeable @crystal1313:

Looks to be a very short walk (6 min or so), and the shuttle would be free. Sounds like if you are there before 11am you can even go through security at the lot.
Thanks for the shoutout @StarlitNight05! Appreciate it☺️

Hi Everyone! I’m Sarah. My DH Justin and our 15 year old daughter will be visiting DL and UH from July 3-August 7. This is our first time, we’ve been to WDW many, many times (I’m a Disney focused TA). Flights to Fl were high and I looked at LAX on a whim and here we are!

We’re staying one night in Burbank and going to UH (been to UO once) and then heading to the SunCoast Park hotel for 6 nights.
Sounds so fun! You will love Walt's original park. It's so rich with history. Although brace yourself for the size of DL's castle! It can be shocking for someone used to the grandeur of Cinderella's castle. 😁

Hello! Myself, DH, and 2 kids are flying in from PNW and will be in Anaheim August 18-24.
First night, we will be at Best Western Plus Stovall’s inn. Then the 19-24, we will be at Pixar Place in pool terrace club level rooms.
We are doing 3 day, park hopper passes so will definitely have some non park days to enjoy the hotel/pool/downtown Disney.
Still trying to decide what days we actually want to be Park days. We saw that Halloween season begins the 23rd so I’m definitely thinking about having that be a park day even though it will be busy we’ve never seen Disneyland with all the Halloween glory.
We are really hoping haunted mansion will be open that day as that’s one of my kiddos’s favorites, and we’ve never seen the Holiday overlay.

Hello! Myself, DH, and 2 kids are flying in from PNW and will be in Anaheim August 18-24.
First night, we will be at Best Western Plus Stovall’s inn. Then the 19-24, we will be at Pixar Place in pool terrace club level rooms.
We are doing 3 day, park hopper passes so will definitely have some non park days to enjoy the hotel/pool/downtown Disney.
Still trying to decide what days we actually want to be Park days. We saw that Halloween season begins the 23rd so I’m definitely thinking about having that be a park day even though it will be busy we’ve never seen Disneyland with all the Halloween glory.
We are really hoping haunted mansion will be open that day as that’s one of my kiddos’s favorites, and we’ve never seen the Holiday overlay.
Wow, Pixar Place, how exciting! I am going back and forth on that exact room type with club level vs a standard room at GCH (they are essentially the same price). The draw of the newly refurbed room and club level access keeps pulling me in!

I agree that the pool at Pixar Place looks kind of small, but at least the pool deck area seems huge, so it's nice to have the extra lounging space.

Wow, Pixar Place, how exciting! I am going back and forth on that exact room type with club level vs a standard room at GCH (they are essentially the same price). The draw of the newly refurbed room and club level access keeps pulling me in!

I agree that the pool at Pixar Place looks kind of small, but at least the pool deck area seems huge, so it's nice to have the extra lounging space.
That’s what we were trying to decide, too. I really love GCH even the standard rooms because the light and lobby and pools are just our vibes and the proximity cannot be beat.
Ultimately the idea of having club level for the same price won over this time. I did read something that said the new club level at Pixar Place will be run by the Great Maple staff, so I’m hoping it is worth it.
Which ever you choose? I’m sure it will be amazing!

That’s what we were trying to decide, too. I really love GCH even the standard rooms because the light and lobby and pools are just our vibes and the proximity cannot be beat.
Ultimately the idea of having club level for the same price won over this time. I did read something that said the new club level at Pixar Place will be run by the Great Maple staff, so I’m hoping it is worth it.
Which ever you choose? I’m sure it will be amazing!
That's interesting about Great Maple potentially running the club level. I've heard really great things about their customer service so far, so that's good! I wish the club opened sooner so we could see the spread of offerings 🙂

We will be staying at Pixar Place Aug 28th-Sep 1. I’m so excited they moved Halloween time up! My daughter LOVED The Nightmare Before Christmas overlay so I’m hoping it’s open by then!
Sounds amazing! I am also very excited about Halloween time. The atmosphere is incredible. Can't wait!

Hi.. My daughter (17) Son (11) and I will be checking into DGC either 8/19 or 8/20 staying til 8/24. We are coming from Pa and this is our 2nd time coming to DL we usually do WDW every year. I haven't decided on what day to check in yet since it depends on how much LA exploring my kids want to do before coming to DL.
Hoping everything will be open since the last time we came HM and Matterhorn was closed. I always wanted to do Matterhorn..

Hi.. My daughter (17) Son (11) and I will be checking into DGC either 8/19 or 8/20 staying til 8/24. We are coming from Pa and this is our 2nd time coming to DL we usually do WDW every year. I haven't decided on what day to check in yet since it depends on how much LA exploring my kids want to do before coming to DL.
Hoping everything will be open since the last time we came HM and Matterhorn was closed. I always wanted to do Matterhorn..
I hope Matterhorn is open!
I know a lot of folks say it’s “jerky” but I love it. So nostalgic! Hope you get to take a ride.

Did you see the post from @alleighboo in the Haunted Mansion thread?

When speaking to a cast member, they said, "I do want you to be aware that Haunted Mansion will still be down for refurbishment during your trip but it does have a scheduled reopening date of August 23rd, just in time for the Halloween season!"
Thanks for the heads up! It'll be nice when it reopens. It feels weird having that corner of the park being mostly shuttered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter