August 2021 - will I be going ?

It’s to early too call still for this year, I certainly think July onwards maybe possible if the UK and US keep going as well with vaccines and we can keep deaths down to a minimal number, we all have to remember positive cases will certainly stay with us COVID-19 is not going away anytime soon and will remain prevalent for many years such as flu etc. But with vaccines reducing illnesses and death, further testing is a way back to a new normal life for all. I’d certainly say as things stand more chance of travelling to the US this year than most places in the EU. We can’t keep the world locked down forever it will simply break financially never mind mental health etc. Life has always been about risk some embrace and some don’t it’s personal choice but once we’ve all been vaccinated in the UK it should make a massive difference to how we all feel moving forward. Fingers crossed for a 2021 Florida vacation.
Couldn't have said it any better 😊

It’s to early too call still for this year, I certainly think July onwards maybe possible if the UK and US keep going as well with vaccines and we can keep deaths down to a minimal number, we all have to remember positive cases will certainly stay with us COVID-19 is not going away anytime soon and will remain prevalent for many years such as flu etc. But with vaccines reducing illnesses and death, further testing is a way back to a new normal life for all. I’d certainly say as things stand more chance of travelling to the US this year than most places in the EU. We can’t keep the world locked down forever it will simply break financially never mind mental health etc. Life has always been about risk some embrace and some don’t it’s personal choice but once we’ve all been vaccinated in the UK it should make a massive difference to how we all feel moving forward. Fingers crossed for a 2021 Florida vacation.

Lot of sound logic here, was only saying to my partner the other day that trips to the US may be possible earlier than trips to the continent.

Well you will HAVE to show ( read the Rules ) Why your travel is necessary or face large fine

Holiday to Florida will not count

How long this rule will last ? maybe removed by September ..... who knows

So Think before you Book

Well you will HAVE to show ( read the Rules ) Why your travel is necessary or face large fine
This is a bit misleading, you can be fined £5k for leaving without good reason before 30th June
However, the rule can and will be revised before then, it doesn’t change the earliest date for international travel which is still 17th May.

I think most of us on this thread booked a long long time ago and are waiting for the travel road map to come out on 12th April to see what travel restrictions will remain.

The big issue at the minute is more to do with a third wave in European countries that are also way behind us and USA on vaccinations

Very true as we sit tonight but this will change and I’m well aware of rules and no suggestion from me that anyone should break them, just trying to share my feelings and some logic on the issue.. so we can all get back to what we love very soon hopefully.. 🙃

Aer lingus today announced routes from Manchester starting July 29th. I have a feeling that a travel corridor is coming in July why would they announce new routes to start then if it's unlikely to happen. Also heard mentioned by Paul Charles on twitter an then in the daily mail about this travel corridor with the US.

We just had flights to Madrid at the end of July cancelled by Easyjet it does look more likely that the US could be a thing before Europe.

Not sure if this has been posted, but the US might be on the ‘green list’ of 12 countries allowing non-essential travel from May. A vaccine passport sounds like it will be required:

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air...could-be-open-to-uk-holidaymakers-from-may-17

might just be me but I can't see the UK having vaccination passports logistics together for this summer. I'd like to think we can do it but i don't see it.

I was shocked hen I was vaccinate they didn't even check ID. They don' actually know for sure it was me they vaccinated. Not sure how that translates into passports...

might just be me but I can't see the UK having vaccination passports logistics together for this summer. I'd like to think we can do it but i don't see it.

I was shocked hen I was vaccinate they didn't even check ID. They don' actually know for sure it was me they vaccinated. Not sure how that translates into passports...

I don't know about the rest of GB, but here in Northern Ireland you have to give your medical number when making your vaccination appointment. So it'll be on your medical record whether you've had the vaccine or not.

In other news, early days yet, but no sign of the Free Dining Plan being made available for 2022 trips. Looks like I'll be spending the entire trip offsite, then. :sad1:

I don't know about the rest of GB, but here in Northern Ireland you have to give your medical number when making your vaccination appointment. So it'll be on your medical record whether you've had the vaccine or not.

In other news, early days yet, but no sign of the Free Dining Plan being made available for 2022 trips. Looks like I'll be spending the entire trip offsite, then. :sad1:

Here too they have my medical number but they don't check identity. All they asked me for was my date of birth. Which means you could send someone else to say they are you. Seems too insecure to form the basis of a vaccination passport system.

Here too they have my medical number but they don't check identity. All they asked me for was my date of birth. Which means you could send someone else to say they are you. Seems too insecure to form the basis of a vaccination passport system.
I doubt that sending someone else to get your vaccination is a big thing. Even if 5% of people did this then they will be well outnumbered by people legitimately vaccinated but for whom it didn't work ... The vaccines are only 80-90% effective, so there is always a 10-20% risk of someone with a 'passport' not being safe. It's about herd immunity, not just the individual.
Hence BJ's warning today about not mixing even if vaccinated.

Forged 'passports' is likely to be a far bigger problem simply because they don't have time to develop and produce something as secure as banknotes or actual passports for these.
And there is still sketchy info about how long each vaccine lasts. If we need boosters in October ... 🤪

Interesting! In Wales we have to have show ID, passport or photo driving licence and present the letter inviting us to the appointment or NHS number.

Interesting! In Wales we have to have show ID, passport or photo driving licence and present the letter inviting us to the appointment or NHS number.
For my NHS England (not through GP) appointment all I had to bring was:
  • your booking reference numbers
  • a face covering, unless you cannot wear one for a health or disability reason
The ref was checked at the door.
Afterward I was given a card with the vaccine info and date, but not personalised, so I wrote my name on it.
The only thing they are really trying to block is people not entitled (yet) turning up unannounced and trying to get a shot.

For my NHS England (not through GP) appointment all I had to bring was:
  • your booking reference numbers
  • a face covering, unless you cannot wear one for a health or disability reason
The ref was checked at the door.
Afterward I was given a card with the vaccine info and date, but not personalised, so I wrote my name on it.
The only thing they are really trying to block is people not entitled (yet) turning up unannounced and trying to get a shot.
My appointment was at a mass vaccination centre. As usual the correspondence was bilingual ..... but it was 8 pages and the Welsh and English paragraphs were randomly mixed up. I was also given a little card with my name and the vaccine details hand written.

Not sure if this has been posted, but the US might be on the ‘green list’ of 12 countries allowing non-essential travel from May. A vaccine passport sounds like it will be required:

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air...could-be-open-to-uk-holidaymakers-from-may-17
I had to look at the list to see which countries you all might be able to visit being on this 'green' list as of May and was shocked to see Canada on it. Yeah...sorry. No. Canada will NOT be allowing any international visitors for quite some time, and certainly not by mid May. Does the UK not realize this? We are FAR behind the UK and the US in vaccinations.

I had to look at the list to see which countries you all might be able to visit being on this 'green' list as of May and was shocked to see Canada on it. Yeah...sorry. No. Canada will NOT be allowing any international visitors for quite some time, and certainly not by mid May. Does the UK not realize this? We are FAR behind the UK and the US in vaccinations.

Was hoping to visit Toronto in September as we have friends there. That is exactly what they said. Not a chance we will be visiting in their opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter