August 2020 Reservations-still going?

But is there any solid idea yet as to when the mask requirement will be ended?

I can't get anymore than 3 days of my 9 day tickets, so sad.

I think the system is just being really glitchy right now. I know we shouldn't have to, but hopefully a little patience for things to settle and you won't have any issues with your other days. I can see the availability calendar, and all days are showing as available yet.

I think the system is just being really glitchy right now. I know we shouldn't have to, but hopefully a little patience for things to settle and you won't have any issues with your other days. I can see the availability calendar, and all days are showing as available yet.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I stayed up allll night so excited, to make 3 reservations and then it just...broke at 9 am! I am so so antsy and haven’t heard of anyone solving my particular problem. I am trying my best to stay hopeful!

I can't get anymore than 3 days of my 9 day tickets, so sad.
I'd give it another try!
My ticket is eligible to be split between two trips and it would only let me book 3 days for my first trip (whiich was what I wanted). It finally, 5 hours later let me book the additional day
Good luck! I hope you can get through. It definitely seems glitchy

I'm trying to change my Aug. date to late Jan. I tried today and got "all circuits are busy" and even the website is glitchy. When I tried to get onto MDE it said "due to high volume... you're in a waiting room!" Very odd. I'll just hold out for awhile. I'm sure once the madness settles....:confused3

Well, after 2 days of trying to get through, and being on hold for 90 minutes this morning, I finally cancelled our August trip. :sad1: First time in 15+ years we will not be going to Disney. I had a very nice CM and honestly, when I hung up, I almost started choking up. Strange how a place like Disney can do that a grown man, lol. Really though, very depressing on top of all the other stuff going on in the country right now. Praying we can go next year and at least get some kind of a deal.

Got an email from Disney yesterday saying I had until July 5 to confirm we are staying at Fort Wilderness without park tickets in August, or to modify our trip to new dates in 2021. We have a room only and no tickets - I was holding out hope we could possibly add tickets before our trip, but that hope has been squashed as I don't believe ticket sales will open before the July 5 cutoff they gave. Oh well - I bumped our trip to January for now. Didn't want to cancel and re-book new because my payments for that trip were all over the place and it'll be a pain to track down refunds in a bunch of accounts. Still can't add tickets for the revised trip, but hoping to modify it again on the 28th to make it a package. So - we wont be back to Disney until 2021. Still lots to look forward to, just won't be this summer unfortunately.

We are still hanging in there for early August. We have DVC resort reservation on our points, tickets, and park reservations now, so really don't have issues on that front. We have a VERY small window to travel every year right now with school/sports/work schedules so if we bag this year we wouldn't be able to go until next August which would put us into a HUGE issue with DVC points. In some ways, I feel like even though this is completely unprecedented, I feel like I have a better feel for what to expect this August rather than next August, if that makes any sense. Kind of the whole "know thy enemy" thing.

We have been prepping our kids and ourselves that this is going to be an adventure!

I rescheduled our August trip to August 2021. I’m so sad we will be missing Disney this year. DS is at the perfect Disney age this year. He’s tall enough for all the fun rides, but still young enough to really believe in all the Disney magic. Oh well, I’m sure next year will be just as magical especially with the longer wait to be back.

As of right now we are still holding on by a thread. There are MANY variables that have to work out for us to go, but we are holding out hoping so. 1. Price discount they give us knowing it will not be the "normal disney experience", 2. where they will move us to since our hotel isn't open and they won't provide us info because we booked with a TA and our TA cannot receive any information either as they're only responding via email and she's not getting specifics(just vague general statements), 3. Mask requirements(now before you jump on my case my question/concern is how are you expected to keep a mask on a 2 year old all day in the Florida heat...then have to worry about them falling asleep in the stroller wearing the mask) 4. Quarantine and reverse Quarantine to and from metro area is lifted(sorry I don't have 14 days to stay in Florida before the disney trip and then 14 days to self quarantine when I return from Florida).....as I said we are hanging on by a thread and each day that thread gets thinner and thinner, but we are going to try.

Our hope & optimism has run out. We regrettably canceled our Aug 14-23 trip staying at the Yacht Club. Which, isn't scheduled to open until after our dates. Hopefully, there will be next year. Unfortunately, we don't have the school schedules at this time to book a 2021 date.

Another post from me (Aug 20-23, originally a MNNSHP trip, meeting my sister and her daughter, CR CL). Much as everything is weird (DH and I were there for 4 glorious parkhopping, RotR BG madness, CL days at YC over Superbowl weekend), we are confirmed with everything, park res, adjusted tickets, etc. Just waiting for ADRs, info about whether CL will exist then, etc. My sister lives in Tampa...but I have to fly from San Diego. I have been sooo dragging my feet about buying flights, but the one airline that has nonstop flights (Alaska) - and oh, yeah, I am only flying nonstop - is only offering no cancel/change fees until June 30. I'm not all that freaked out about Disney, because I trust them to do things in the very best possible way - plus, I can choose my path a bit more there in terms of social distancing, and I'll also still have a chance to cancel without fees once the parks are fully open. Alaska Air is said to be really good about masks. But the stories I've heard about the airport in Orlando (people flatly refusing to wear masks, no social distancing whatsoever) are worrisome. Anyone have any recent insight on the airport?

I know, I know, if I'm so worried about it, I should just cancel. But I'm still very back and forth, and once I cancel, that's that.

Not canceled yet.

Have our park passes and were moved from YC to the Poly for our trip (our TA won't give up on us). I was expecting "worse" options (relative to cost) and had assumed Disney would make it an easy choice to cancel. Instead, they balanced the scales some and made it a tougher choice. We are okay with masks, no hopping, reduced hours, reduced dining options, and reduced entertainment, but no water parks and increased COVID cases weigh toward canceling (I wouldn't call myself "high-risk," but definitely "increased risk").

I already scheduled a new trip for next year as a backup.

Last edited:
I haven't canceled yet, planning for end of August. I was able to get park reservations and I'm waiting to see what resort we'll be able to move to (currently WL CL).

Like many others we are coming from NY so I have to wait and see if the quarantine is lifted. Going the other way we can quarantine for 14 days when we get home no problem if we have to as it's just DH and I and we can both work from home.

The lack of fireworks etc. doesn't bother me, but I do wish we could book some dining.

We are continuing to make plans like we are going, but every day knocks a few percentage points off the likelihood. We are on expiring DVC points, have annual passes, and got all the park days reserved. (This was originally an April trip that we moved to August 29th.) The COVID rates in Florida will be the main factor in our final decision, but my daughter melting and whining today in her mask during 3-hours outside is also a consideration! I'm going to keep moving forward until the end of July, when we will likely make our final decision.

We’re also hanging on by a thread to our Aug. 26th arrival. We have been moved from Beach Club to Poly, still have no park tickets, now the 14 day quarantine post trip (can we get tested upon return and quarantine for less time if the results are negative?). Now the delayed opening of Disneyland. Will that happen with the World? It’s really so much to think about. I still have a small glimmer of hope, but that is fading fast.

We’re also hanging on by a thread to our Aug. 26th arrival. We have been moved from Beach Club to Poly, still have no park tickets, now the 14 day quarantine post trip (can we get tested upon return and quarantine for less time if the results are negative?). Now the delayed opening of Disneyland. Will that happen with the World? It’s really so much to think about. I still have a small glimmer of hope, but that is fading fast.

Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming its mandatory to do the 14 day quarantine in your state post return from FL ..... it hasn't been said to be mandatory in mine (Virginia) ... unless I missed that on the news. I did think I heard NY was requiring FL travel to quarantine post FL

For trip beginning 8/11 that was supposed to include a short cruise, U, WDW/MNSSHP with GD...

DVC was kind enough to let me bank my borrowed VWL points back in early May,

Then i booked ASMusic. Saw on touringplans that it was likely the AS resorts wouldn’t open, switched to Pop. A few days later res ceased.

Now, confused with email from WDW as to whether the resort will be open. I indicated we were planning on attending as all have APHs, airfare is on points for the kiddo & we can cancel/take SWA credit for us

As long as things begin to moderate in FL & WDW is open, we plan on being there. We’ve already flown to Myrtle Beach after Memorial Day without incident. Well, other than discovering Alllegiant wasn’t enforcing masks ugh.

However, I am booking a beach reservation as a fallback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter