*August 2019 check in*

So it looks like my planned arrival time of 6:30 will work. We will be walking from Fairfield. Is 15min good and to get through security? On non early entries is 45 min before good? Not sure how backed up security can get.

We breezed right through the Harbour Blvd entrance. Most guests were coming from the direction of the Disney hotels.

We booked Oga for 6 on the 18th too, our arrival day, also dreading bigger crowds entering on the 19th. We did 7:30 pm, hoping to see those DL fireworks from Batuu after a couple of drinks. Very excited!!

The Disney Parks Blog just announced some new Haunted Mansion inspired treats around the park in honor of the 50th anniversary on Friday! It sounds like quite a few will be available through the month, yay! Not that I need to add any more food items on my already epic list of things I want to try though :rotfl2:

Just a quick update from our long weekend trip. Weather was hot, the UV index was through the roof but we survived haha.

We stayed at the Desert Inn and suites it was fine, the only complaint was the noise from other guests but other than that the hotel was fine.

We did Oga's Cantina the first day, I am glad we did it but not sure we need to do it again. The inside is really loud and busy but it looks so amazing inside. We also rode Millennium falcon on our last night with about a 30 min wait. It didn't get my motion sickness going to bad.

WOC Dessert Package was great as always, nice to sit down and watch the show.

First time to Carthay Circle and I loved it!! it is pricey but I could have cried going in there :rolleyes1 Our lunch was good, my daughter had the salmon and I had the shrimp. Definitely going back next trip. Also did Lamplight Lounge which was fun, we finally tried the lobster nachos which were good. We had a reservation but they were taking walk ins around dinner time.

Crowds were not terrible, the only time we felt like we were in a mob was trying to get out of the fireworks and over to splash mountain. We hit fantasmic crowds as well. If possible take the train to get around that insanity.

I am sure there is lots more to post but we got home around 2 am and I had to work at 9am so my brain is a little foggy.... any questions please ask.

The Disney Parks Blog just announced some new Haunted Mansion inspired treats around the park in honor of the 50th anniversary on Friday! It sounds like quite a few will be available through the month, yay! Not that I need to add any more food items on my already epic list of things I want to try though :rotfl2:

Speaking of the 50th of the Haunted Mansion... is there any interesting merch (perhaps some nice t-shirts or something) popping up this month for it? Anything announced?? I could get on board with bringing back some nifty HM 50th souvenirs with me if there's some interesting stuff being put out. Providing the stuff would last until our trip later this month, of course...

Speaking of the 50th of the Haunted Mansion... is there any interesting merch (perhaps some nice t-shirts or something) popping up this month for it? Anything announced?? I could get on board with bringing back some nifty HM 50th souvenirs with me if there's some interesting stuff being put out. Providing the stuff would last until our trip later this month, of course...

I'm hoping to get a HM phone case!

Oh jebus. My list of my must eat food is already enough food for 2 weeks for one person.

What's all on your list of must eats??

I am crazy getting ready to travel alone with four kids to Anaheim and food planning hasn't happened yet. Looking for ideas!!

I am crazy getting ready to travel alone with four kids to Anaheim and food planning hasn't happened yet. Looking for ideas!!

Honestly.. my list is based on Youtube videos that I watch. I am a visual person. If it looks good I wanna try it. I have some staples I must have when I visit (Monte Cristo) but for the most part I want to try new stuff!

With 4 kids maybe you get something to share, then you can try more things and not get tooooo full lol I will have my 3 and we plan on the Black tap milkshake but sharing one lol we also want beignets, and the little donuts that I see at Lamplight Lounge. I'm definitely going off diet this week lol

With 4 kids maybe you get something to share, then you can try more things and not get tooooo full lol I will have my 3 and we plan on the Black tap milkshake but sharing one lol we also want beignets, and the little donuts that I see at Lamplight Lounge. I'm definitely going off diet this week lol
I justify the eating with the amount of walking you do in a day. Lol

Honestly.. my list is based on Youtube videos that I watch. I am a visual person. If it looks good I wanna try it. I have some staples I must have when I visit (Monte Cristo) but for the most part I want to try new stuff!

Me too! Well, that and Instagram posts of extremely yummy things.

Yes, we'll definitely share treats so we can try more. And Disney calories don't count, do they? I normally eat low carb/keto and actually lost weight last trip eating whatever I wanted.

Oh my. I just looked at all the Haunted Mansion treats and now I want everything. Ha.

Can you believe I've never ever had a Monte Cristo? It's been on the list to try but haven't had a chance yet. I seem to find something I enjoy and then get the same thing and eat at the same places every time. Lol. I need to expand my horizons this trip.

Also a visual person too! I’ve seen so many yummy things on YouTube & Instagram! I haven’t been since 2017, so there’s a bunch of things that I want to try on Pixar Pier and in the new tropical hideaway over in Adventureland (mostly various combos of all the dole whip flavors, haha!) I made a reservation for Carnation Cafe to finally try the fried pickles, and I’m looking forward to getting lobster nachos again at Lamplight Lounge. There’s a few things in Galaxy’s Edge like the ronto wrap, oi oi puff dessert and Cantina drinks. One of the podcast hosts I listen to raves about the chimichanga - I hadn’t even heard of it, and never saw it on my three previous trips - but i also don’t like turkey legs so I never went to the carts that sell them and that’s where the chimichangas are. Then of course churros, pretzels, etc.

See where this is getting dangerous? Haha! There’s a reason I’m only doing a couple sit down meals the entire trip. I’m more of a snack here, snack there, all day kind of Disney person. Which is totally opposite of how I eat at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter