*August 2019 check in*

So excited August is almost here, just over two weeks to go for me. I feel like I have my plans mostly under control. Like many here I will be using MaxPass. Just curious if there are any attractions where it is worth going through stand by at least once rather than just doing fastpass (or single rider)? I've read that some of the Harry Potter lines at Universal are worth doing standby as you miss some things by doing express pass, anything similar at Disneyland?

So excited August is almost here, just over two weeks to go for me. I feel like I have my plans mostly under control. Like many here I will be using MaxPass. Just curious if there are any attractions where it is worth going through stand by at least once rather than just doing fastpass (or single rider)? I've read that some of the Harry Potter lines at Universal are worth doing standby as you miss some things by doing express pass, anything similar at Disneyland?

I’m planning to do the new Millennium Falcon Smuggler’s Run ride as a standby right before closing on one night of my trip. Two reasons: I can get really sick on simulator rides (usually just 3D ones like Star Tours, but not taking my chances) so it’s best to do it at the very end of the day when I’m already leaving after. But also because I have heard people say that it’s fun to go standby at least once to get the full queue experience.

Sorry, I phrased it wrong! I meant that it sounds like I can get more done with Maxpass, actually!...
Oh, well in that case... get ready to rock and roll! Once you get the hang of it, you may be really surprised how many rides in a day you can do with MP. Some people actually have to put their phones away for a bit because MP becomes a rather exhausting addiction!

Third day of our visit (and first day of August). Weather has been fantastic (cloudy at the beginning of the day and the slowly heating up). By the time it has heated up, we have already done our favorites and are ready to take it easy.

Guess where I am right now:
Just saw a super-cute couple bounding as Roger and Jessica Rabbit before boarding the ride.
❤️

Sorry, I phrased it wrong! I meant that it sounds like I can get more done with Maxpass, actually! I love how it is all same day. The WDW FP+ system favors those that plan their trips far out in advance. I’m local-ish (only a 3 hr drive) and I usually never book 60 days in advance. I’m so excited to try out maxpass!! I’ve been reading up on all the threads, thanks to your help :)
MaxPass is super handy. Between the day-of fastpasses and the included PhotoPass it just makes the whole trip so much simpler.

One of the things my girls like to do is pressed pennies. Got my roll of quarters and now DD12 is looking through all the change for shiny pennies. Plus we need to look at the ones we already have but I’m sure they change out the machines or have special ones like we got for the 60th

One of the things my girls like to do is pressed pennies. Got my roll of quarters and now DD12 is looking through all the change for shiny pennies. Plus we need to look at the ones we already have but I’m sure they change out the machines or have special ones like we got for the 60th
There is a site online with a list of pressed pennies at a Disneyland. They update it regularly. Here is a link: https://www.parkpennies.com/penny-machine-locations.pdf
We love the pressed pennies. I just looked through our 60th Anniversary coins with my 19yo dd this evening!

I printed the online entertainment schedule and it says that the only day the Dapper Dans will be at DL will be this Sunday? (I'll be at DL park Sunday through Tuesday.) Is that correct?

I keep debating packing cubes. Which ones do you have and why do you love using them?
I've been at a teacher conference for the past 5 days- Boy! Did I miss getting to check in on the dis! But I used these packing cubes for the first time. I have to say I don't think they really saved me much space- I think I've always been a pretty efficient packer. But what I loved about them was the way the helped me organize! I just popped them in the dresser drawers- we had to stay in dorms for the conference, so there wasn't much space. And the cubes kept all my stuff so easy to find. I think they helped me get dressed faster than my roommates- haha! First one to the shower is the winner!

So while I don't know if they will save space in a suitcase, I will definitely be using them on our upcoming trip. Only 5 days!!!!!!

I am so excited that we are in August. I feel like I am holding my breath waiting for this amazing trip I have planned. I've never really planned a Disneyland trip, we usually just show up and do whatever. We have five days in the park and two additional travel days to explore Downtown Disney and have a character breakfast at Storytellers. So I feel like we are really going to be able to hit so many things on our bucket list.

I've been at a teacher conference for the past 5 days- Boy! Did I miss getting to check in on the dis! But I used these packing cubes for the first time. I have to say I don't think they really saved me much space- I think I've always been a pretty efficient packer. But what I loved about them was the way the helped me organize! I just popped them in the dresser drawers- we had to stay in dorms for the conference, so there wasn't much space. And the cubes kept all my stuff so easy to find. I think they helped me get dressed faster than my roommates- haha! First one to the shower is the winner!

So while I don't know if they will save space in a suitcase, I will definitely be using them on our upcoming trip. Only 5 days!!!!!!

That was my hesitation about packing cubes...I am a really good packer so I don't think they will save me space. The first thing I do when we get to a hotel (that we are staying at more than one night) is to unpack everything so I don't know if I would find them useful. This trip we are staying one night at Universal Studios then the rest of our trip is in a 1 bedroom DVC at the Grand so we will have plenty of room. We've got a washer and dryer in the unit so we can do laundry which means I won't have to pack as much...but then again, I love things that keep me organized...

Which ones do you have?

That was my hesitation about packing cubes...I am a really good packer so I don't think they will save me space. The first thing I do when we get to a hotel (that we are staying at more than one night) is to unpack everything so I don't know if I would find them useful. This trip we are staying one night at Universal Studios then the rest of our trip is in a 1 bedroom DVC at the Grand so we will have plenty of room. We've got a washer and dryer in the unit so we can do laundry which means I won't have to pack as much...but then again, I love things that keep me organized...

Which ones do you have?
I am not the OP, but I use compression packing cubes. They sell just packing cubes that do not compress and compression packing cubes. Here is a link to what I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06ZYT2V3X?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
They have a double zipper and they have made it so I can bring enough clothing for our 2 week road trip to not have to do laundry. Everything fits in my Vera Bradley Disney duffle.

I am not the OP, but I use compression packing cubes. They sell just packing cubes that do not compress and compression packing cubes. Here is a link to what I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06ZYT2V3X?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
They have a double zipper and they have made it so I can bring enough clothing for our 2 week road trip to not have to do laundry. Everything fits in my Vera Bradley Disney duffle.

Thanks! I was looking at the Gonex ones. The mesh ones you linked are not available on amazon.ca but there is a slightly different version of them that I can get. I may just order a set for each of us and give them a try!

Today is my last day of work before leaving on Sunday to head down to Disneyland and it is just dragging. Everyone is taking bets on how long I actually last today. But then only 2 more sleeps!

This has been the worst week at work in the 4 years I've worked here. I had to add Saturday to my work week. I had planned on coasting til we leave next week......

I hear you! Our flight leaves tomorrow at 9:30 and I am not only still at work but I'm slammed. I work for the Federal government and half the staff has this Friday off. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter