*August 2019 check in*

This is the best news ever! I missed the announcement about it (thank goodness for DIS and everyone here) but I just called and got the discount applied to our existing reservation. So doing a happy dance right now (and maybe crying tears of joy)

:dancer::dance3:
Did you have to change your reservation to a different room category to get the deal? My travel agent said it had to be a new reservation and there were no rooms in my room category, so I had to switch to a different category to get a small amount of savings. Any insights?

Did you have to change your reservation to a different room category to get the deal? My travel agent said it had to be a new reservation and there were no rooms in my room category, so I had to switch to a different category to get a small amount of savings. Any insights?
I didn't but I had booked with Disney so I could make payments. I called them directly and they were able to keep my same room type (we had a DTD view)

I booked with Costco and they were able to apply the discount to my existing reservation.

Aaarrrggghhh. My wait times logging makes me think that we either passed the no-ROTR-disappointment summer lull or the staff cutting is really hitting the bone right now. Most FPs were gone by 7pm. A few choice standby wait times at that point were: GOG 90 mins, Peter Pan 40 mins, RSR 105 mins, Soaring 75 mins, SplashMtn 90 mins, Star Tours 60 mins, and TSMM 75 mins.

Aaarrrggghhh. My wait times logging makes me think that we either passed the no-ROTR-disappointment summer lull or the staff cutting is really hitting the bone right now. Most FPs were gone by 7pm. A few choice standby wait times at that point were: GOG 90 mins, Peter Pan 40 mins, RSR 105 mins, Soaring 75 mins, SplashMtn 90 mins, Star Tours 60 mins, and TSMM 75 mins.

Yep. I’ve been actively stalking wait times and FP returns and it’s gotten way way busier and we haven’t hit lower tier AP unblocking yet. It’s probably extreme wishful thinking to hope a lot of the local APs will wait and see how insane it is and not flood the parks the first days, but I can hope! Haha

In all seriousness, I am totally mentally prepared for just walls of crowds and am very glad I don’t have my kids along this trip to keep track of 🤣

It does look better though than last summer in august which I remember being very busy! At least from what I see on the app. I’m hoping that at the very least rope drop to Peter Pan is still mellow!

In all seriousness, I am totally mentally prepared for just walls of crowds and am very glad I don’t have my kids along this trip to keep track of 🤣
Exactly. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, be fully present with what actually happens (a good strategy not just for Disney-parks but life in general)! Looks as if we will be using our old routine: Get up early & tour commando style until the heat and the crowds hit, then take it slow and use our hoarded FPs. Little variation will be to watch the Millennium Falcon wait times for at least a minimal dip (we want to go through the whole line at least once). And here was me thinking that we might get to do Peter Pan this time around (we usually skip that one due to that ride’s frustrating wait time/ride time ratio & it’s annoying no-FPness)!

Last edited:
Exactly. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, be fully present with what actually happens (a god strategy not just for Disney-parks but life in general)! Looks as if we will be using our old routine: Get up early & tour commando style until the heat and the crowds hit, then take it slow and use our hoarded FPs. Little variation will be to watch the Millennium Falcon wait times for at least a minimal dip (we want to go through the whole line at least once). And here was me thinking that we might get to do Peter Pan this time around (we usually skip that one due to that ride’s frustrating wait time/ride time ratio & it’s annoying no-FPness)!

For sure! Up early & go go go until heat & crowds is the way to go for sure.

I agree with Peter Pan, I rode it on my 2016 & 2017 trips as a first ride of the day like they recommend (and both times despite rope drop/EMH, it was still at least 30 minutes). I’d love to ride it this trip too but I’m not using up valuable morning time for it. Last ride of the night maybe so i can get in line just before park closing ;-)

On the subject of wait times, splash is 30 minutes at 10:30pm - must be a toasty evening! Haha! I’ve never ridden at night, it sounds fun - maybe I’ll try it this trip!

Everyone here says prepare for the worst. So I'm planning to be at the gates early for our EMH, take a break when it's hot and crowded, use the heck out of MaxPass, and I've figured out a preliminary touring plan. Is there anything else that I should be doing to prepare for a busy August trip to DLR?

Everyone here says prepare for the worst. So I'm planning to be at the gates early for our EMH, take a break when it's hot and crowded, use the heck out of MaxPass, and I've figured out a preliminary touring plan. Is there anything else that I should be doing to prepare for a busy August trip to DLR?

My mantra for Disney trips is "Pack your patience"

Also, if you can order a flat of bottled water to be delivered to your hotel (or pick one up if you have a car) then do that. Between the 3 of us we typically go through 4+ bottles each per day so I usually get at least 48 bottles. On WDW trip last August we went through 96 bottles and that does not include some that we ended up buying in the parks. (None of us can stand the taste of the water at either DL or WDW)

Sounds like you are ready... It will still be fun even if it is busy, that is just part of the adventure. Just think of all the people who are going that do not read the boards or even research anything and just show up and wonder around. You are way more prepared !!!

I just placed our order for water and snacks with vons, there was a coupon for free delivery plus $20 for spending over $75. I got us some snacks for the room and a small bottle of baileys for our morning coffees haha.. yup we are on vacation so why not :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter