August 2019 Car Rental Thread

Price on full size with Budget 8/20 (8 am) - 8/22 (8 am) on carrentalsavers dropped today to $71.79

Switched my flight home from 8:55 am to 1:30 pm which added an extra day to my rental. Now have Thrifty full size (8/20 8 am - 8/22 11 am) for $97.14 through carrentalsavers. Add the 2 night parking fee for ASMusic and it's way more than I'd like to spend, but I'll keep looking.

Do you have any details on this coupon code? Just want to make sure it doesn't have any restrictions. TIA
I found it someplace on their site it was 15% off I think for returning customers? I don't recall specifically but it wasn't from an external site that required a membership.

What codes please????
Thank you for asking for the codes!! I was able to save $45 with them. 😁
7014627 & AD3868JST
Thank you so much for posting and then supplying the codes! I used Costco Travel for my rental and received a great deal. However, I had read previously that sometimes you can get a better deal by going to Alamo and then adding the code for Costco, but I tried and I couldn’t get the code from Costco travel to work. So, I stayed with the rental I had through Costco travel. Using your codes I saved $45. So happy. 😁
I am assuming all I need is my Costco card for the deal, is that correct?

Right now sitting at 367 with Alamo and 360 with Budget for full size car Aug 14 to 27. Any pros/cons to either company?

Alamo rates keep dropping - now down to $188 for a Fullsize, $236 for a 7P minivan - 8/24 to 8/31. Costco & $25 off codes

These are my exact dates. Where did you reserve the 7p minivan? When I try at MCO they say that vehicle type is unavailable.

Thank you for asking for the codes!! I was able to save $45 with them. 😁

Thank you so much for posting and then supplying the codes! I used Costco Travel for my rental and received a great deal. However, I had read previously that sometimes you can get a better deal by going to Alamo and then adding the code for Costco, but I tried and I couldn’t get the code from Costco travel to work. So, I stayed with the rental I had through Costco travel. Using your codes I saved $45. So happy. 😁
I am assuming all I need is my Costco card for the deal, is that correct?
If they even ask for it, yes. I've been using the Costco code for quite a few years now and they've never asked me for anything. FYI - I always skip the counter/kiosk & go straight to the car.

From MCO. I just tried it again right now. 7P minivan is there for $235.05 with those codes

Thanks! I see the issue. It's unavailable to me, because I am doing a one way rental to FLL.
I'll stick with the standard SUV. This price with all the codes is the lowest I've seen yet, without having to deal with the very Sketchy Fox Rental.

I pretty much have the same rate (within $10) for Budget and Alamo. Are there any pros/cons to each company? I am trying to decide which to go with.

We have rented from both Budget and Alamo. We did not have issues with either. Alamo is a little better with tolls if you don't want to pay cash or have a Sunpass. We have a Sunpass just for convenience.

Budget allows a spouse to be an additional driver. Alamo let my BIL (rather than spouse)also be an additional driver when we used the Costco discount at no additional charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter