August 2019 Car Rental Thread

Alamo rates seems to be dropping, little by little. I have $425 for 2 weeks, standard size using BJ's code and free upgrade. I booked that rate in June and today they are finally at that price again. I'm still 10 days out so I'll be checking a few times a day now.
Edited to add that I just checked again using the passholder code and BJ's free upgrade and got it down to $406.

I got an alert from autoslash this morning about my Alamo rental. Now down to 215 from 265 for a one way rental 8/10-8/17. Of course I’ll keep checking but I am pleased with this rate

Just checked Costco again - our rates dropped from $228 to $215 for an intermediate 8/17-8/24
Where are you getting your rental from? We are renting at car care center from 8/18-8/23 and have gotten a rate of $260 through Costco. Your rate is lower and you are renting two more days then we are.

Just booked a quick trip for the PH preview at SWGE. 8/20 (8 am) - 8/22 (8 am). Full size with Budget through carrentalsavers for $80.62

Price on full size with Budget 8/20 (8 am) - 8/22 (8 am) on carrentalsavers dropped today to $71.79

Rates for Alamo are down again this afternoon. I just got our standard size down to just under $400 for 2 weeks, using the AP code and BJ’s free upgrade coupon.

I got a $25 drop but it went back up before I could book my second car. Hopefully it will come back. My son in law is paying $279 and my husband is paying $304. 11 days full size. Aug 30-sept 10. Passholder code plus $25 coupon

I just check my Alamo reservation for the Aug 22 to Sept 1 It reserved a mini van. The price just dropped $100.00. I booked thought the Costco website.

I have a reservation for tomorrow at MCO with alamo for 12 days. Wondering which reservation to keep.

I have one for a Ford 150 pickup and one for a standard smaller truck.

Anyone been there recently and can tell me what's in the aisle ?

Anyone else having trouble with booking thru the Costco website? I see a good price for budget car rental....365 for 13 days Aug 14 to 27 for a fullsize but the website will not let me finalize booking. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

I have a reservation for tomorrow at MCO with alamo for 12 days. Wondering which reservation to keep.

I have one for a Ford 150 pickup and one for a standard smaller truck.

Anyone been there recently and can tell me what's in the aisle ?

I rented the smaller truck last time and it was a Tacoma, 4 door extended cab. My husband didn’t like it and we had to pile the luggage in the back seat because it was raining.

Alamo this morning was $329 (previous best price was $358) for a minivan using $25 Visa code, Aug 17-24

Today my fullsize car rental through Costco is down to $365 USD with Budget for 13 days Aug 14 to 27. Not a bad price but still hoping for better. :surfweb:

We are renting out of Tampa this trip but the best I've found so far is with Thrifty using the coupon code 101310. We have $287.95 for a standard SUV for 10 days (8/16-26). I keep stalking trying to get it lower but it's getting close now. We don't need an SUV but as of yesterday that was a better price than the smaller cars.

I don’t leave until August 30th and happy to see movement for most the last few days, just wish I could see some. You make me hopefully. I have 29 more days to stalk the web sites.....

We are renting out of Tampa this trip but the best I've found so far is with Thrifty using the coupon code 101310.
Do you have any details on this coupon code? Just want to make sure it doesn't have any restrictions. TIA

Wow, after spending more time researching I got a minivan $245 all in for 8/17-8/24 going through BJ's. Budget car rental. I haven't gotten such a good deal in years!!! HTH!

eta, Dollar was $305 for same week going through AAA, Thrifty was $292 with the coupon code 101310 (unknown code)

Last edited:
Finally grabbed a lower price. I went from $304 to $287 for full size 11 days. Costco code and $25 coupon. It’s crazy because the price went back up minutes after booking. It’s crazy hard trying to get a decent price now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter