August 2018 park hours

Question. I had planned 2 MGM days (one for AS2 and one for SDD). For the other MGM day, with the extended hours, I'm thinking I could start a little later and move some stuff from before dinner to after dinner (50s PT). TouringPlans shows all the shows (Indiana Jones, Frozen Sing Along, Disney Junior, etc...) with last showings between 5:40 and 6:30 PM. Disney doesn't have show times for August listed online yet, so I don't know if this is still correct. Is it likely Disney will add additional shows and will they run until close to closing?

Unfortunately, this is correct. The majority of the last shows are early evening. I think Disney Junior runs all night -it used to. Little Mermaid also runs a little longer than the others.

We try to do one show each visit. My guys like Indy so we try to catch the 12pm show and then head straight to lunch afterwards.

A few times, we were walking by Frozen planning to head out of the park and we’re able to run into Frozen right before they closed the doors. I prefer this. We had great seats and the show began immediately.

I feel they make you get there too early with a FP for both shows. Especially Indy where your sitting for 45 mins in the blazing sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter