AUGUST 2017 Car rental watch

The price with Alamo is still too dear for me at $433 for two weeks August 19-Sept 2 using both the free upgrade (AU2291VYT) from midsize to standard (ie full size) and Costco code (7014627). I'll have to hang on for a little while yet before I book.

The price with Alamo is still too dear for me at $433 for two weeks August 19-Sept 2 using both the free upgrade (AU2291VYT) from midsize to standard (ie full size) and Costco code (7014627). I'll have to hang on for a little while yet before I book.
TRY USING AD2823JAZ PLUS 7013880 FOR ALAMO

:magnify: Joining in on this thread. Trip dates are 8/9-8/23. Right now I have a standard reserved with Alamo, with the AP discount, for $424.04.
I'd take that price right now. I guess I better check my dates and grab something. Plenty of time to re-book as prices drop....but I will have SOMETHING in case they don't.

AD2823JAZ did not work for a Alamo Reservation in June either . . try AD3868JST
This didn't work for August. I went ahead and booked using the free upgrade (AU2291VYT) from midsize to standard (ie full size) and Costco code (7014627) for two weeks for a total of $433. I expect that price will come down (right now it is at $446) but my experience is that the sweet spot for car rentals is about 5 weeks before travelling. Still I have something......some prices are in the $700 range for my car class and dates with some rental companies. If I am forced to make do, $433 is not so bad.

Ok...I'm jumping in and joining in !!!! Thanks to those that posted the the Costco/Alamo codes !!! :worship:

My dates are Friday 8/18 5pm to Saturday 9/2 5pm. Total is $463.85 for a midsize with Free Upgrade to Standard. It's WAY TOO HIGH right now !! :sad2: But I always like to have something I can afford in case the prices go up instead of down. It's still early in the game of rental car pricing for those of us who are going in August. But it's all part of the FUN of planning. So I am glad to be aboard the bandwagon....looks like I am good company as always. So come on everybody lets have fun and LET THE GAMES BEGIN as the CAR RENTAL SAGA TURNS!!!!! We know we will get cheaper rates but we still like to panic and complain together while we wait for rates to drop!!! It's so much fun !!!! :woohoo:
party:

Alamo codes

Coupon Codes
AD2823JAZ - 25.00 off
AU2291VYT - Save Up To 25% and Receive a 1-Car Class Upgrade For Costco members on a Compact, Midsize, Standard vehicle Valid through 12/30/17.
AD3868JST - $25 off specialty, but it seems to work for many of the common classes

Contract ID
7015309 - Costco Members
7014627 - Costco Members 2009
7015135 - Alamo Insiders 5%

Will the Alamo site accept multiple discounts? I put all the ones in that were written in this post but it seemed like the list of rentals only had one discount at a time. Do they combine as I keep going forward to book? And will the 25% costco discount and upgrade happen after I go forward with booking it online? We are renting for 11 days so maybe that affects the coupon codes working or not!

Will the Alamo site accept multiple discounts? I put all the ones in that were written in this post but it seemed like the list of rentals only had one discount at a time. Do they combine as I keep going forward to book? And will the 25% costco discount and upgrade happen after I go forward with booking it online? We are renting for 11 days so maybe that affects the coupon codes working or not!
I am able to put in Costco discount in contract id and free upgrade in coupon code. Both apply and that is for 14 days in August.

I heard that you should always pick standard instead of Full size if picking picking up from Alamo from Orlando airport cause they don't have a standard isle, so they let you pick from the FS. Anyone know if this is true?

Does anyone have experience with Sanford Airport? Just wondering if they have Standard size or if I will be automatically upgraded to full-size at Sanford like at MCO?

You can use any combination of coupon code & contract id & product code at a time. There's a single field for each type

What is this new "Drive Happy" thing from Alamo I see mentioned on other threads?? Anyone know anything about it?

Not sure.....I was wondering if it was something like Nationals EMERALD AISLE. I was hoping someone would chime in and tell us !!!!

I found the following info on TripAdvisor about the DRIVE HAPPY DEAL from Alamo....

It's sometimes offered as the lowest rate. You are guaranteed a compact car or larger. Alamo chooses your category. You choose a car within that category.

If it's an option it is listed as the "Drive Happy" deal and listed with the other car categories.

Has anyone run their numbers to check for a price drop?? I ran mine this morning....prices for mine is up a little over $40. Todays quote $505.82.....so I am still holding better at $463.85. I sure am hoping to see that change to $263.85 REAL SOON !!!! :laughing:

Has anyone run their numbers to check for a price drop?? I ran mine this morning....prices for mine is up a little over $40. Todays quote $505.82.....so I am still holding better at $463.85. I sure am hoping to see that change to $263.85 REAL SOON !!!! :laughing:
Finger crossed that rates will go down and we can grab it!!

I keep checking rates for renting a minivan from MCO for a week in August (16th-23rd) and the best deal I've found by far is on the Costco Travel site. $288, all fees included, extra driver included. Through Enterprise. It is also easy to cancel. I will keep checking all the sites, but I don't see how I can get it lower than that, especially with the extra driver included. If I figure it out the daily rate the way all the car rental sites do (pre taxes and fees) then I am paying $31.06 a day. After taxes/fees I am paying $41.14 a day. A quick scan of prices today shows me the lowest price per day, before taxes/fees, is $48 a day.

While I would strongly prefer to rent for only a few days from the Disney Car Care Center, it is at least $200 less than any other rates I can find anywhere for a minivan to rent at MCO for the week.

While you can check the prices online on their site, you do need a Costco membership to actually make a reservation - the yearly membership fee costs $55.

I wish that we could do the Drive Happy deal - we have 5 very tall adults and me, the short adult. We need a minivan. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter