AUGUST 2017 Car rental watch

Woohoo! Checked rates on Kayak today. Got a thrifty car "dealer's choice" for $117 for 8/26-9/01. I am very glad that prices dropped. We were all ready to Uber for our trip.

I just booked a full size with Budget through carrentalsavers 8/23 - 9/6 full size $259.08!

We are struggling to find a good rate for our trip 8/5 - 8/12. We need a bigger vehicle (full-size SUV or minivan) as we have several bags and baseball equipment. (playing in a baseball tournament that week). I'm starting to figure out that it might be cheaper to rent two smaller cars than one big one with these rates. The other option was renting the smaller car and getting an Uber to transport the luggage. I have a decent reservation for full-size SUV with Fox offsite but have read too many horrible reviews about waiting in long lines just to get your car. My on-site reservation is $750 for a minivan with enterprise. Everyone else is $1000+. This is just insane!

We are struggling to find a good rate for our trip 8/5 - 8/12. We need a bigger vehicle (full-size SUV or minivan) as we have several bags and baseball equipment. (playing in a baseball tournament that week). I'm starting to figure out that it might be cheaper to rent two smaller cars than one big one with these rates. The other option was renting the smaller car and getting an Uber to transport the luggage. I have a decent reservation for full-size SUV with Fox offsite but have read too many horrible reviews about waiting in long lines just to get your car. My on-site reservation is $750 for a minivan with enterprise. Everyone else is $1000+. This is just insane!

Keep trying Alamo, Enterprise, Thrifty, Budget, and Dollar. I really would consider doing a priceline bid at the last minute before renting with Fox. Not just the offsite inconvenience, but the reputation and horror stories. That is of course just my own personal opinion. When you get there and see those "hidden fees", you will find out its the same price as what you are seeing for the popular brands. Fox may advertise a deal for $165/week. But when you get there, the final price will be in the ballpark of $400 or more. I have yet to hear anyone say they pay the price quoted. I know for a fact with Alamo I never paid a penny more than quoted on my reservation. In fact, a few times, my final invoice ended up being a few dollars less than my original reservation. And I think that was due to a change in one of the fee rates while I was in Florida. It happened twice....once it was $12 less than quoted, another time it was about $7 less than quoted. I didn't find out until I returned the car but it was a NICE little surprise!

When I book I standard at MCO, is that for sure really a full size? Is that true for all the rental companies there or just Alamo?

Big price drop for a Hertz MCO full size rental from 8/25 to 9/2 (weekly rental plus two extra days). Yesterday it was $398. Today with a AAA discount and $30 off a weekly rental (PC# 203560), it is $154 (price includes taxes and fees).

And now it's down to $230 but the full size was the same price so I upgraded to the full size! I love seeing the prices drop!

I didn't notice that the coupon didn't work. Using Coupon Code: MUGZ057 the price is now down to $213

And this morning Budget was down to $175. BCD CODE: W852802 (Costco). I checked Dollar and the City Special Rate was $193. This rate didn't require a Costco membership.

Dollar city special down for start of August. Yesterday morning I booked for 181 for full size, last night cancelled and rebooked for $164, just cancelled and rebooked for 141!

This is Aug 6-11
Now cheaper than Budget

I've got Budget booked now through Costco for $360 for a fullsize 14 days Aug 19 to Sep 2. This beats my Alamo by more than $70.

So happy I have found this thread! Wasn't going to rent a car on our trip for end of August, but now it's looking like we might need one. Has anyone rented from Avis or ACE before? Looks like prices are under $100 for our trip, but I didn't know how reliable those two companies were. Does anyone have any experience with those two?

I checked again this morning. My rental through hertz using the AAA $30 off base rate code dropped again. It is now $138 from 8/22-8/30 for a full size car.

I currently have a reservation with Alamo for August 12-30 (premium) for $712. I was able to snag a deal the other night with Budget for a full size at $348 (when I checked the next morning, rates had shot back up to 800+) Booked through the Costco website for Budget, and through the Alamo website for the Alamo reservation. I've never rented with Budget before, and am a little nervous (we've always used Alamo) but for almost $400 I'm thinking I need to get over my fear! I know it sounds kind of funny - but part of the fun of our trip is picking our car (usually we let the kids pick!) We've always had really good luck with Alamo (usually renting Standard/Full size but get a fully loaded mini van when we get there) so I'm hoping for a good experience with Budget. I really can't justify staying "loyal" to Alamo for that price difference!

I originally booked Alamo full size for Aug 26~Sep 2 for $224. Last night, I was able to book Budget for $111 for the full size. Today, I just checked Hertz with my AAA card and $30 coupon and was able to grab one for $91 for the full size. Pretty happy with the price!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter