• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
kmiles said:
Any big weekend plans for anyone?

Not sure what I'm going to do. Although, the Key Lime Martini is high on my list right now. :rolleyes:

We have our usual 5 Karate Classes for DD! :rolleyes:

Saturday night DD will be having a sleepover @ Grandma and Grandpa's house. DH and I have an engagement party to attend. Some of our friends will be getting hitched in July.

Hopefully, Sunday will be a day of leisure. princess:

Kmiles, please have two, one for me and one for you! No plans here, DH gets in from Philly about 5 tonight. Maybe furniture shopping for a LR chair.

Your post about Karate just gave me a thought. Since we are going to be on the ship for two weeks wouldn't it be great if they had some classes on Karate for kids and adults? What a great time to learn something new!

As CEO of Security for the Sisterhood, I highly recommend taking karate BEFORE the cruise! That way, when the Looneyhood tries to acost us, we can make sure it will be something they will always regret! BTW, still looking into those "Stay away from me, Mark!" tasers...

As for this weekend, DH and I are going to the Philadelphia Zoo with my best friend, her husband and their 2 kids. They are members and this Saturday is a special behind the scenes tour for members and guests. Then, she and I are going to the Borgata in Atlantic City for Girls' Night out (trust me, with 2 kids at 3 1/2 and 17 months, the 17 month old weighing 40 lbs) she needs some well deserved time off. Wish us luck, her at the slots and me at the craps table!!

kmiles said:
Any big weekend plans for anyone?

Not sure what I'm going to do. Although, the Key Lime Martini is high on my list right now. :rolleyes:

I think I'll go out and race somebody....scratch that-Mary just told me were mowing the lawn! Living in Florida in the winter really sucks!!!

mississaugamom said:
Merry Christmas, Janet! Did you have dinner at your mother's last night??? My sister is living in a Ukranian Seniors' Building in Hamilton where they had Christmas Eve dinner last night. We were invited, but I couldn't face the drive in all the ice and snow left over from yesterday's storm.

Arlene

Thank You!

Luckily, since my Mom is in a Senior's Residence, I don't have to do the 12 course Meatless Dinner anymore!LOL She attends theirs. And since today is Friday and I have payroll to take care of, did not take the day off.

My plans for this weekend are.......

Writing my Trip Report, Cleaning and putting away the Decorations! Especially the ones in the window. The Cat wants to sit there but I won't let him due to the decorations!

Have one of those Key Lime Martoonis for me too please! They sound YUMMY!

BTW, How many FORMAL NIGHTS do you think they will have on the 14 day cruise?

Have A Great Day Everybody..........Back to drinking my water!

Scratch
pirate:

winnyis said:
Hi all - is there anyone here who is taking DCL's transportation from LAX to the port. I currently have a ressie at the HI San Pedro but now DH is not sure if he can get off on the 19th and if thats the case we will be getting into CA late on the 19th. I was thinking it might be a better idea to book a room at a hotel in the terminal and then take the DCL bus.

Does anyone have any information about this.

TIA

Ginny

Hi Ginny,

I have the transfers booked and was told that they will only be from DL Hotel to Port. We still have to find our own way to the DL Hotel.

And the Orlando portion was either to MCO or WDW Hotel.

But that could still change. If I hear any different, will post.

Scratch
pirate:

Scratch42 said:
BTW, How many FORMAL NIGHTS do you think they will have on the 14 day cruise?

I'm thinking at least seven or eight. :D

No, no, no. J/K! I think they'll probably have two formal and two semi-formal.

DisneyElf said:
Andrew - since you have done the canal before - what time zone will they be in (and assuming that we can get some MAY repo cruisers to let us know when they will be at the locks)?

Erica
Looked at my last cruise documents, based on that:-

On sea day between Cabo St Lucas and Acapulco, loose one hour.
On either of sea days after Acapulco loose another.
Loose last hour in southern carribean, not sure if before or after Curacao

So PC looks like one hour behind east coast and two in front of West coast USA on my docs, but cruise ships can decide themselves when to change.

This was a May transit so USA would have changed to summer time, I know as I have just come back Barbados doesnt change its clocks at all either, so they are either -4 or -5 from UK time depending on the time of year as we change our clocks at the same time as the USA.

kpgclark said:
Andrew we are also using DU. We wanted to upgrade some time ago. I was told that I'd have to upgrade to whatever the CURRENT price is. For example if on the day I booked the following was true (assume we purchase Cat X):

Cat X $5000
Cat Y $5500

And today the prices are:
Cat X $7000
Cat Y $8000

to upgrade DU would say the upgrade price is $3000 (the difference between what we paid $5000 and what the Y currently goes for $8000)

I thought they would do the $5,000 to $8,000 as well, but they didnt, it was at the same 'gap' as booking day, maybe they needed to do the upgrade and it suited them?

My upgrade from Cat 8 to Cat 4 cost $2200, so me that doesnt look like current prices?

Well I got me 7 tattoos.....and I look like my DD and DNiece were playing tic-tac-toe on me!!! The 'temporary' ink won't come off. I have tried, soap and water, alcohol wipes and nail polish remover. Guess I will just have to let them fade off. DD was laughing at all the colors they used. Red, blue, green b& purple. The tattoos are black. I start radiation on Monday and go 5 days a week for 7 weeks. Don't know if I will still be 'glowing' by cruise time. I just keep telling myself 7 weeks and I am through with this!!!

Mark, love love love the t-shirt and the tattoo picture!!! Only wish mine looked that good!!! And actually, I am growing hair. It is nothing like my previous hair. I was a blonde, and after that fell out, the first hair I started growing in was blonde. Then THAT fell out. Now, my 3rd head of hair is REALLY dark, and I have been told not to be surprised if THAT falls out starting next week. Now, I know we sisters like to change our looks and hair on a regular basis, but frankly, this is all a little much!!!! :earboy2: So now I am trying to decide what color my hair will be for the cruise. I am waffling between keeping the dark hair and going darker, or trying to be blonde again. However, I think I wil wait until it is a little longer and I finish radiation so I know if this round of folicle growth is here to stay or not!!!! :flower1:

Thanks again for all the love & support you folks have given me. Believe me, even when I felt my worst, I would still try to get on the boards for the laughs and smiles I got. You are all the best!!!!!

Laura

Andrew I'm just annoyed to hear that! I still have the messages from DU stating that says you are charged the prevailing cabin rate! The first message I have is from May.

kpgclark said:
Andrew I'm just annoyed to hear that! I still have the messages from DU stating that says you are charged the prevailing cabin rate! The first message I have is from May.

Be careful with what you do with Andrew's info. Reminded me of my Air Force days when two guys I knew went on a temporary duty together. When they got back they submitted their travel documents for travel pay. One guy got $100 more than the other for the exact same travel. So the guy who got shorted the $100 complained. Finance checked it. They took $100 back from the other guy!

OMG, am I starting to tell old war stories???

Which war was that Bob?
Bet it was hot as heck at the Alamo back then with no A.C. and vehicles.
Look forward to hoisting a drink and listening to what life was like back then.

Cheers,
Grumbo :)

Grumbo said:
Which war was that Bob?
Bet it was hot as heck at the Alamo back then with no A.C. and vehicles.
Look forward to hoisting a drink and listening to what life was like back then.

Cheers,
Grumbo :)

Ohhh.... Bob was at the Alamo??? Did he have a black horse or a brown one? And, we all know, he must have worn a white hat, right?

kmiles said:
I'm thinking at least seven or eight. :D

No, no, no. J/K! I think they'll probably have two formal and two semi-formal.

Very Funny!LOL

I need to know 'cause our local mall is having a sale on Formal Wear!LOL Don't want to be caught short! A gal's gotta save where a gal can save!

Scratch
pirate:

Janet I don't care if you're flying First Class or not. You're only allowed so much luggage on that plane. Get a reversible Tilley outfit. Good for all occassions ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter