Attractions you DON’T want to ride again

If my husband loves Toy Story Midway Mania, might he actually enjoy Webslingers? I hadn't considered making it a priority because of the underwhelming response to it, but maybe we should try to definitely do it? Although I think part of the appeal is beating me senseless at TSMM, lol. Are you scored against your party in Webslingers?

I find Buzz and Midway Mania to be a snoozefest. I am bored silly by video game style shooting rides. I've never been on Webslingers yet, but that doesn't sound like it would appeal to me.
At least Buzz has set pieces and a dark ride feel to it. If you don't enjoy Buzz or TSMM then I don't think you'll like WS.

If my husband loves Toy Story Midway Mania, might he actually enjoy Webslingers? I hadn't considered making it a priority because of the underwhelming response to it, but maybe we should try to definitely do it? Although I think part of the appeal is beating me senseless at TSMM, lol. Are you scored against your party in Webslingers?
Yes you're scored against your party in WS. My wife loves TSMM also but she didn't care for WS either. The arm waving inputs aren't accurate enough and made the whole experience too chaotic for me.

I think it's a generational thing too. I'm of the Streetfighter generation so mashing that canon pull string on TSMM brings me back 9 year old me at an arcade. Waving my arms around on WS not knowing what is happening in front of me just makes me feel old and dumb.

Yes, definitely! I actually love Webslingers. Would I pay $20 for it? No way. Would I wait more than 30-40 minutes for it? Nope. But it's a great ride with great theming and tons of fun. I always try to hit it up if the line doesn't look too long.

Yes, definitely! I actually love Webslingers. Would I pay $20 for it? No way. Would I wait more than 30-40 minutes for it? Nope. But it's a great ride with great theming and tons of fun. I always try to hit it up if the line doesn't look too long.

I know it gets a lot of flack here, but I love Webslingers too! (i'm sure it doesn't hurt that I am a big Spider-man fan and have been since I was very small).

Also, I have a motor skills disorder, so I'm weirdly better at WS than I am at Buzz (really terrible at it) or TSMM (less terrible). I get MUCH higher scores on Webslingers and usually beat everyone in my vehicle at it. (I also joke that it's because I've been practicing my whole life to be bitten by a radioactive spider, so I've got it down.)

any spinners..... Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter and the Swings.......even carousels aren't that much fun.
Also the nausea producing coasters.... Space Mt. and Incredicoaster.... No Thank You !
Matterhorn is great if you follow what pp suggested, and sit forward holding onto the side handles......whee !!

I have ridden Guardians of the Galaxy once when it was TOT. It is THE one ride I will never go on again.

I have never gotten around to riding Pixar Pal-A-Round. If I ever rode one of the swinging gondolas I have a feeling it would likely be a one and done ride and I could probably also add it to the list.

I would be 100% happy to never ride Space Mountain or Incredicoaster again. As I have gotten older the thrill of riding those types of bigger roller coasters has faded and become more of a feeling of dread. The only times I have ridden them since we began going to Disney parks has been when my son was younger and would beg me to go with him. I think he got a lot of entertainment from watching the terror on my face and listening to me scream. lol! Thankfully he is a grown man now so he will just have to go without me.

I don't necessarily enjoy Indiana Jones, Matterhorn or Goofy's Sky School but I would ride them if one of my family members really wanted me to ride along with them.

Lesse...
Matterhorn- It has the distinction as the first tubular steel coaster and it feels like every other really old rollercoaster.. unchanged... painful... yeah, not a fan of that at all, I rode it two days ago because my 5 years olds first time, if he wants to go again mommy is taking him and I'll ride the benches just outside.
Casey Jr. - One train with very limited capacity, that line was too long for what you get, luckily my 5 year old appreciates the main DLRR train MUCH MUCH MUCH better.
Canoes - If there's one thing that can give your arms more of a burn than Toy Story or Spiderman, it's the Canoe ride, and the last time I was on this I was much more fit too!

And while I won't say I'll NEVER ride it, I'd rather not ride it and that's Soarin, I would like to ride it with a 15 minute (real minutes) wait, but that literally never happens, and I really don't like the wait for the reward, plus it's an awkward wait where a lot of standing still compared to other rides where you'll at least shuffle ahead every few moments which maybe I'm weird with but it feels more comfortable moving through a long line than mostly standing still in a short line for the same amount of time in a line.

Edit: Oh yeah... Goofy, how could I forget that!

Last edited:
There is nothing I would outright refuse to do if someone wanted to do.

Rides I don’t enjoy are:
Goofy
Goofy
Goofy
Goofy
Goofy
Ferris Wheel
Goofy
The swings (I don’t like trusting my life to a few chains.)

In that order.

And while I won't say I'll NEVER ride it, I'd rather not ride it and that's Soarin, I would like to ride it with a 15 minute (real minutes) wait, but that literally never happens, and I really don't like the wait for the reward, plus it's an awkward wait where a lot of standing still compared to other rides where you'll at least shuffle ahead every few moments which maybe I'm weird with but it feels more comfortable moving through a long line than mostly standing still in a short line for the same amount of time in a line.
100% agree on this, I can walk and shuffle along all day long but I get ridiculously tired and uncomfortable just standing still.

Nemo submarine never again. I had to focus on being calm to get through it . I’ve never felt claustrophobic before that . Matterhorn is too jerky but I’d probably go on it again if my kids really wanted me to 😊

I have never been on Nemo for this reason. DH took DD and told me to sit it out as he knows how I am. I took a seat outside the ride, and read my book on my phone. Enjoyed it much more.

I used to hate Indiana Jones, but rode it this last trip and fell in love with it.

I love the ride story, but hate the vehicle. I have learned to try and sit in the middle. It is still jerky, but a smooth as you can get on these rides. I am also finding that the older I get, the more these simulators are effecting my body. Oh to be young again.

The other ride I will not do again is the Astro Orbiters. Last time I did, I got stuck and had a hard time getting out of the ride. Now my knees are a decade older, and I just think I would never be able to get off the stupid thing!

I can’t think of a single ride that I wouldn’t want to do again.

There are some rides that aren’t priorities for me though. Astro Orbiters, Dumbo and the Teacups are rides I’ll usually only go on if someone I’m there with wants to.

Splash Mtn and GRR are warm day only rides for me because I always get drenched and would prefer not having to head back to the hotel and change mid day.

I can’t remember the last time I saw Lincoln either, but if someone in the group wanted to, I’d head in.

I think the only things I’m really not into are the parades and night time shows. They are just big traffic jams and feel out of place to me. I’d love for them to all be in DCA and let DL be parade / nighttime show free.

Last edited:
Jumping Jellyfish at California Adventures, OMG, a nope, never again from me. The actual ride is fine, its a sweet kids ride, but the ride vehicles, lets just say for a solo vertically challenged person, its not the most elegant of exits! The poor ride loader, he didnt know what to do as I struggled to extract myself. Just as well it was quiet and there wasn't a big line waiting to get on. :blush::blush:

I can’t think of a single ride that I wouldn’t want to do again.

There are some rides that aren’t priorities for me though. Astro Orbiters, Dumbo and the Teacups are rides I’ll usually only go on if someone I’m there with wants to.

Splash Mtn and GRR are warm day only rides for me because I always get drenched and would prefer not having to head back to her hotel and change mid day.

I can’t remember the last time I saw Lincoln either, but if someone in the group wanted to, I’d head in.

I think the only things I’m really not into are the parades and night time shows. They are just big traffic jams and feel out of place to me. I’d love for them to all be in DCA and let DL be parade / nighttime show free.

Sing it, Brother!!! The only 'good' thing about them is that (at times) they shorten the ride waits. But that's cancelled out by the amount of time it takes to get across the park if you forget to 'stage' yourself near what you want to ride ahead of time and get caught up in the crowds and/or 'traffic control.

I've got a new one that I may never set foot on again- that barrel bridge on Tom Sawyer's Island!! I almost bit it making my way across that thing! My Zero shoulder plush flew right off my shoulder, onto the bridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter