• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Attractions open during AM EMH at MK

Mermaidtails1323

Mouseketeer
We have a trip coming up and were planning to go to AM EMH at MK (we’re early risers). However, I’m now wondering if this was a good idea. From what I gather, is Frontierland/Adventureland not open during AM EMH? That was really our plan to hit that whole section during that time, but from the website, it looks like they don’t open until regular time. If that’s the case, does anyone have experience hitting that section of the park right at 9? We always start there on our trips, as we love all of those rides (and minimal waits). Just going to be frustrated if the waits at 9am are already high because everyone is in the park already.

Everyone at rope drop goes either to Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. Starting at Adventureland/Frontierland is a good idea, you'll be able to knock out most attractions in an hour or 2

Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during EMH. During that time you could do some big rides like 7DMT and Space and then at regular park opening you could head to Adventureland and Frontierland. If you ever get the chance to do evening EMH, I believe all the lands are open.

Everyone at rope drop goes either to Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. Starting at Adventureland/Frontierland is a good idea, you'll be able to knock out most attractions in an hour or 2
But are they open during EMH? We usually go on non-EMH days? I've been monitoring MDE for wait times to get an idea, but NONE of the Adventureland/Frontierland rides are ever included. I went to the Disney website to check operating times (including today and the day we are going), and all of these rides have listed start times at 9am. The Fantasyland/Tomorrowland rides all include the EMH times.

Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open during EMH. During that time you could do some big rides like 7DMT and Space and then at regular park opening you could head to Adventureland and Frontierland. If you ever get the chance to do evening EMH, I believe all the lands are open.
That's what it looked like to me online. I guess I just assumed that AM EMH would include all of the lands. Kind of frustrating to discover that isn't the case now, but I guess we'll just have to make do.

Any idea if Adventure/Frontierland tend to have higher wait times than a regular morning on EMH days?

That's what it looked like to me online. I guess I just assumed that AM EMH would include all of the lands. Kind of frustrating to discover that isn't the case now, but I guess we'll just have to make do.

Any idea if Adventure/Frontierland tend to have higher wait times than a regular morning on EMH days?
Only Fantasyland and Tomorrow lands are open during EMH, like the website says
Advetnure?Frontier are the least busy at rope drop regardless if its a EMH or not

We were there a week and a half ago. We went to Adventure/Frontierland at 9 after doing EMH. Lines weren't too bad for most attractions. However, one thing I discovered is that the line for Thunder Mountain built quickly in the morning. At least when we were there, they were only running 1 side until 10 am. If you don't get to Thunder Mountain pretty close to 9am, I'd wait until after 10 am to ride it. We were doing fastpasses right before 10, and the wait went from 70 minutes at 9:45 (only running 1 side) down to 30 minutes after 10 when they opened both sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter