Attractions for elderly parents with mobility challenges

GBBTomorrow

DIS Veteran
Hello! I'll be headed to Disneyland in August with my parents to see my son perform in the All American College Band. My parents are 86 and 85 and will be using scooters to get around. They can stand and walk, but not for much distance or time, and they would have trouble getting in and out of rides where you have to step down or climb up. Can anyone recommend attractions for us at Disneyland and DCA that may be accessible for them? (For example, I'm thinking Soarin' may be a possibility, because it just involves sitting down.)

I'd love for them to get to experience some attractions while we are there. As a WDW traveler, I'm less familiar with Disneyland's options. Any suggestions? Thank you!

I took my mom when she was in the same circumstances. She was able to ride most of the Fantasyland dark rides. She enjoyed the sit-down shows and it's too bad those aren't currently available (Map, Frozen). I can't really remember now what else she did, but she liked going back to the hotel and hanging out in the lounge. We stayed at GCH and got concierge so when she was tired, she had a place to read etc and have food & drink whenever she wanted. One of us would always stay with her at the lounge and she loved both touring the parks with us and resting up in the lounge.

August is my first DL trip, but speaking from a WDW perspective, some of the dark rides are a little jerky. Peter pan is smooth, but with the moving walkway can be a challenge, although some they can pause. They can ride the train in their ECV.
Tiki Room is fun, the Lion King show, Mr. Lincoln. I think Small World/ Jungle Cruise they can ride in wheelchair? You might post your question in the DISABILITIES forum, they might have some good info about mobility issues,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter