Attention Vero Beach treasure hunters!

and we always love to walk up to Wabasso with our heads down looking for something - never found anything of interest but it is fun. If you are Vero Beach lovers and have not yet made it up the road to the McLartry (SP) museum it is a very interesting hour or so. They show a film telling the story of the Spanish fleet that sunk right off the coast near the resort. Makes you want to run out and buy a metal detector (haven't done that yet). Just another aspect of the Disney Vero Beach resort that we find fascinating. Have fun.

I saw that story and We just booked a week at Vero the First week of February. I've already found a metal detector I can borrow and I am packing my Mask and Snorkel. Amazing that they found it in Only 6 ft or water and 100 ft from shore!

When you are at VB, look at the "gold coins" in the pool tiles! It's a nod to the history of the area!

I think you can keep whatever you find on the shore (in some places and not in others ie not from state park shore fronts)...I think anything found in the water belongs to whom ever has the salvage rights to the treasure...and I think Spain might come after any finds since they are hurtin for $ and it was, after all, their ships! :boat: Anyway, have fun. It is an interesting treasure hunt story to share with the kids when you are down there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter